New Alt Toon - Level 1-182

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OhSicks, Dec 13, 2017.

1. OhSicks Well-Known Player

I decided to do something 16 days ago. I started a Mental troll from scratch. I leveled the troll from 1-182. I did not use friends to level the troll. I did not use my main as a cash battery. I ran the content. The only thing I did on the way to 182 that was a little different than the norm is I played the broker as I leveled. I purchased higher value items when they were cheap and sold those items when the price increased. Leveling from 171-177 quickly required spending some of my cash on EQ boxes on the broker. I saved Marks of Victory, Ultrabucks and Ancient coins until I hit a wall in CR increase. Now, judicious use of the variable level EQ boxes rewards from vault and E3 is required to move as fast as I did, often I saved these boxes until I was at a point that the boxes would provide a slightly higher CR bump. I also kept my feats rolling. At 182, after 16 days my SP is in the mid 160's. My Cash level is ~10-15M. Being an experienced player played a role in the process, but it is possible to level a toon quickly and enjoyably without spending all day in game.
    • Like x 5
  2. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

How many hours a day on average, would you say you played?
  3. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Between 1-2 hours on average during the week days, weekends were a little more, but you are limited due to loot locks. I did not use a replay badge on the Vault, Events, Solos, Duos, Alerts or Raids. There's no point in playing longer than the loot locks allow. I also maintained my main on daily's. I must say that the Artifact/Catalyst runs helped immensely because high level players sped those up when running them.
  4. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

So 3 Hours a day on average? so 1.5 hour a day for 30 days? Just trying to put a number on it for new players.
  5. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Yes, I would say on average, taking the weekend hours into account a little less than 3 hours a day, for the 16 days. A new player could hit ~180 withing a month of 1-2 hours a day. Another thing to note though. I did not play as DPS at all, only playing as a Troll once the role was opened. I do not have DPS EQ currently. Now, if I did not push the feats, the rate of CR increase could change. So, going DPS, and not taking role specific gear, would probably decrease the time required. I have run the seasonal every day since beginning, Cutting the seasonal out could also decrease the time required. Also, I have not crafted gear or generator mods as I feel that the EQ and Mod changes as fast as they occur makes mods an inefficient use of time and Marks. I did spend Marks of Victory on the generator to gain the Orbital, Accomplice and the Tactical Mods.
  6. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Thank you for sharing your results. Your timeline makes sense. I leveled an alt about 20 CR points in about two or three days doing some of what you outlined, mainly careful use of the vault and vendor purchases to progress steadily and get over sticking points.

Overall, I find that game additions like selectable loot, alternate reward boxes, unattuned gear, and the vault additions make leveling far less painful and tedious than it was in years past. I remember trying to break from T3 to T4 (max at that time). There was some tedium in that.
    • Like x 1
  7. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

It would be nice if you could expand on this with a little more detail. I've been playing since July and my main is only 137 CR.
  8. OhSicks Well-Known Player

My sticking point has always been between 86-100. 166-186 seems to be another of these points due to the large gap between the Duo's, Alerts and Raids CR requirements. I think to hit 186 quickly I will need to spend more in-game-cash on EQ boxes in the broker.
  9. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

What about skill points?
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

The 160+ skill points in 16 days is a great achievement unaided. Well done.
    • Like x 1
  11. OhSicks Well-Known Player

I use Google heavy while playing. Everything I have done in this pushes to get the Feats as I progressed. You can complete feats as you go. I have had a lot of luck with the Duos, Alerts and Raids. I have been able to get at least 1-3 feats in most of these I have run by asking the people jumping in to run a feat or two as we ran the content. While waiting on a Duo, Alert or Raid to queue I have run solo feat activities. SP builds fairly easily, but not as fast as CR. I will probably not hit 170-175 before hitting level cap at the rate I am progressing. It seems that it is easy to hit 125-150 without a lot of effort as you progress, anything past that requires pressing for feats.
  12. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Thank you. Like I said in my reply to Kryptonian Being, I have had a lot of luck with players being willing to run feats in my Duos, Alerts and Raids. I have had a few times where a high level player assisted me with 1 or 2 feats that would have been difficult on my own after playing in an instance. One very key activity I participated in was being social in the instances. being friendly and being open about what I needed to accomplish my goals. The player base for the most part has been very helpful in the SP/Feat portion of the progression. I had an experience in GoM where the group joked about me trying to keep them powered when I said I would not be able to power 7 210+ CR toons. It's been a very fun experience, and I've enjoyed interacting with so many players outside my usual group.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Impressive.
  14. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Yeah, a little bit of polite conversation goes a long way. I will always help anyone that asks for assistance with a feat. I certainly needed help at times. Remember the killing all the scorpions in the Fortress of Solitude feat? Ugh. That one needed a lot of coordination.
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Same. I don't care for people that demand feats, but if asked, I'd help.

That scorpion feat must have changed, or the mechanics changed. When released, I was sorcery. I was used by everyone I know. Transmute used to blow up the crystals. Just had to run around the room. Another trick that used to work. Those speed colas you can make from the central city area. Drinking those did the same thing. Stinks if all that was removed. Can't imagine getting a random group to do this correctly.
  16. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

I think we used a combination of Transmute and the Central City colas along with some very good players. It was a league activity for the day. In terms of prep time, practice, and coordination that feat had to be the most difficult. All to get that +2 damage! :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

And this is just from PVE correct? What about the paradox reapers that you have to kill an absurd amount I believe like 2500-5000. They say it’s eaier when grouped up. From what I noticed on my character skill point progression is that the most feats from come styles. I have a hard finding a certain style even with google.
  18. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

From what I noticed on my character skill point progression is that the most feats from come styles. I have a hard finding a certain style even with google.[/quote]

A style drop location list would be helpful. Especially since unattuned gear is so hard to tell what is collected and what's not in 90 seconds.
  19. OhSicks Well-Known Player

The reapers feats are low value feats for the return, 1 star per tier if I remember correctly. I have not done this feat on the toon yet. Time input does not make the feat worth pursuing a speed progression. Styles are difficult, but not impossible. I spend a lot of time planning out what I am doing that day in my head. I minimize how often Honestly, I was lucky with many of the styles. That's why I stated that it would be easy to hit 125-150 SP by 180 CR it took a lot of work to hit the 160 SP. On my main I was only at 125-130 SP at 170-180 CR. I transition between areas as much as possible. A part of my success is time management. I have a strong background in Six Sigma and Lean, I have apply knowledge/skill to my playing of this character.