New alt-friendly idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zuse, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuse Loyal Player

all the new mods and reduced T3 gear price and the soon to come buy feats is nice but take a look at this idea

what could go wrong if we made the gear 81-83 account bound ?

and all the green gear that will come with the new tiers, i cant see any exploits here, tell me if im wrong

edit: but to remove any kind of a reward from running higher Tier without having the minimum cr for it
    so no more free marks.
  2. aceCase Committed Player

In the words of Jack Ryder, YOU ARE WRONG :p
    • Like x 8
  3. Savage Mind Committed Player

Let me tell you what I would do to hit 101 CR on an new alt.

Get power leveled to 30.
    Equip 81-83 CR gear. Maybe use a couple mods to hit 86 CR.
    Have my league get me into Wave and get me EO loot a couple times.

Bam! 32 SP 101 CR DPS HERE FOR NEXUS. I personally dislike the idea.
    • Like x 1
  4. Wizz Tron New Player

I never understood the need to level up a alt so fast
  5. Poo New Player

In this game? I never understood the need for an alt.

I have 15 toons. 7 above level 30.

I use one.
  6. Wizz Tron New Player

I've got 10, 8 of which are level 30 but only play my main and sometimes my 2 highest alts
  7. Poo New Player

This is why I wish we had some non combat roles. Like crafters n such.
    • Like x 1
  8. Wizz Tron New Player

You mean jobs like I'm guessing most others MMos have
    • Like x 3
  9. Zemmy New Player

Why not make green gear minimum cr locked for the teir it comes from. Sure you can trade it but you have to be at that teir to put it on.
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

did not think of that...but first u'll have to have a toon that has some sp i mean like 130+
    and the new feet unlock from main
    ...maybe this is a bad idea
  11. DrewCheech New Player

Dude forgive me not already knowing, but who the hell is that guy in your sig?
    It's literally distracting me from work that little dance he's doing lmao
    • Like x 1
  12. Poo New Player

[IMG]
  13. DrewCheech New Player

That's it my next toon will look like this guy lol
    • Like x 1
  14. SilentTrollerMan New Player

Ok....watched the video...Techno Viking is seriously intense. But why? What is the ****PARADE? Is it like Gay Pride? I have more questions, as more information is presented...
  15. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Making DCUO more “alt friendly” is not the same as allowing you to fast forward a character straight to the highest current end-game content.

81-83 CR gear is dropped from 6 total (2 Solo, Duo and 4-mans each) instances everyday plus random mobs in Gotham Wasteland, the availability of that gear is NOT a problem at all.
  16. RSL New Player

deleted cause it was replying to wrong thread. lol sorry.
  17. Zuse Loyal Player

dude i play since launch

I know how this game works... the only thing i cant see is the exploit of the ideas since i never try to do it.

HAHAHAHA
    edit:
    i was just trying to bring up an idea that could benefit players who want to lvl up alts to the same lvl their main is.
    For Ex. if my main has 150sp and cr of 100 it would be really nice to send some green 81-83 gear and buy all the feats from my main. so i wont be needing to go through all the stuff i went with my main since i already did that. thats why the green should be account bound, and to remove any exploit. Receiving marks from tiers higher then your cr, shouldnt be allowed
  18. RSL New Player

lol oops i thought i was replying to the thread where the player could not finish t1 content in t1 gear. loooool my comments don't make much sense here probably. sorry.
  19. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I thought thats the new way? :eek: SP is worthless according to most people anyways :p
    • Like x 1
  20. RSL New Player

naw. the new way is to not mod yr gear AND ignore skill points.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.