New Ally Coming Soon - John Stewart!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kikumod, May 7, 2024.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If this is coming out tomorrow please tell me ..it’s not our bonus
  2. Unknown1 Active Player

New content new feats. Something to do while we wait for Brainiac. It will do I guess
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Maybe fix the animation lag first. Can’t play if it’s all laggy.
    • Like x 1
  4. NotPad Active Player

Spring sale please :)
  5. Icon Active Player

I'm not a fan of allies personally, mostly because of the lack of flexibility with them.
    1) We should be able to fold unused allies into other ones the same way we can with artifacts. Otherwise we're just wasting money once a new flavor of the month ally shows up better than the last.
    2) Just having an ally show up and fire off one move every 30 or so seconds just feels like a waste to me. Sure the passives are cool but the combat side is underwhelming in my opinion. Also the ally can get stuck around a corner or on another level and not fire off anything.
    3) Would be nice to see more non-mainstream heroes/villains used as ally choices (Did we really need to have 4 Batman allies?) rather than the usual suspects.
    • Like x 1
  6. Grip Committed Player

*nods* 100%
    Was recently talking about it, and we all figured their hands are tied. Some variant of every Legendary they've added except Zod has been tied to a WB feature between Ep40 and now. A Static movie was in pre-production then, the Zatanna movie was canceled, and the Arrowverse's John Diggle, who seems to be live-DC's John Stewart showed up on Superman & Lois and the rumor is he'll be in Max's upcoming Lantern show, too. No one seemed to know what was up with Zod. Are DCUO allies cross-promotional stunts? *shrug* Maybe.
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The first week of events have always replaced a possible bonus week. (I write "possible" because it's not as if we were ever promised bonus weeks, or the previous bonus weekends.)

Bonuses are gifts, not something the game owes to us. Those who have been around for long enough remember years and years before we started having, first, bonus weekends, and, eventually, bonus weeks.

The phrasing of "selling this" as if somehow we were owed bonus weeks is based on a false premise.
    • Like x 2
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What does that make all the pre-pandemic years before bonus weekends and weeks?

Jeez, the sense of entitlement some people develop is remarkable. Bonus weeks are a relatively recent innovation in this thirteen-year-old game.

The first week of seasonals have ALWAYS replaced bonus weeks since bonus weeks were invented. ALWAYS.
    • Like x 3
  9. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Actually, Panderus promised that every week would be a bonus, in the Developer Letter explaining the changes that came with Episode 41.
    A few weeks later they added the Paradoxes and a few new Feats to FP, and it was established that new content counts as a bonus week.

To my knowledge, there has been no communication that that has changed. But ever since Episode 41, I do tend to take both more frequent and longer breaks from the game than I ever did before, so it's entirely possible I missed it.
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If that’s the route taken, I still think a Cursed Captain Marvel / Shazam would be a worthy open world boss
    • Like x 1
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I always enjoy a good "Shazam!" shout, at least.

I'm crotchety enough that he'll always be Captain Marvel to me.

That, or Billy.
  12. Raizen Reaper Level 30

It is worth it for celestial?
  13. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

At this rate, DCUO will close it doors in 2055 and we all will still be awaiting the Max Lantern show to be coming out.
    • Like x 1
  14. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

When we got new content at a faster rate than 6-8 months? And then started to throw out "bonus weeks" to distract there lack of content?
  15. The Fairy Well-Known Player

I understand what you mean but here's what you sound like "log in a game to play with the broker". My favorite pass time is to play a game, not to check prices. There's limited time a day for everyone and it's not going to be spent checking the broker screen (and ofc I'm not paying with real money for ONE ally).