Need help with spec into Atomic tanking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Perseus Chase, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Perseus Chase Committed Player

So I just switch to Atomic today and now a little lost with how to spec as an Atomic tank.

Atm I spec into Health > Defense > Dom > Resto.
  2. GodLikeSuperHero Active Player

I'm no expert, I can just comment on what I've heard, read, and tried myself..
    From what I hear, resto is only used to boost one healing power.. can't remember the name of it right now.. but dominance is what u want to get.. if u do the combos to keep the aura up.. the aura / shield is like a sustained HOT that's based off your dominance... the healing magnitude percentages are another thing... I've heard it helps the overall self heals that you do.. but then again, I heard that it's useless to spec into... hopefully we'll get some clarity on this soon..
    But yeah, I specced into dom, healing crits, and health... health is really important for your atomic tank as well..
  3. djcrossfade Committed Player

how much sp do you have
  4. GodLikeSuperHero Active Player

Like 120... I actually didn't spec into the crits...
    Just dom, health, and defense...
    Still not sure whether or not those percentage healing crits help or nah
    • Like x 1
  5. The Perminator Well-Known Player

Atomic is based off of dominance. Your healing is based off your dominance so just have as high dominance as possible.
    • Like x 1
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

Defense is fairly useless to Atomic tanks since it's Defense buff puts it at the cap for mitigation through Defense.

Health is always useful as it allows you to take more damage in a short amount of time, and with Atomic there are small heals based off your total Health.

Dominance increases the heals from Proton Remedy, and increases the heals from using power combos.

Heal crits do not affect the Dominance based heals from comboing or the max Health based heals. The only significant heal affected by it is Proton Remedy. So while they do have use, they are not as useful as they are for Fire tanks.

Resto similarly does not affect the Dominance based heals from comboing or the max Health based heals. It does affect heals from Proton Remedy and the healing breakout similar to the heal crits, but it does afffect shields like Density and HL shield. Unfortunately, since both shields are hit limit shields they are not likely to ever get close to the damage cap anyways.
    • Like x 2
  7. krytine Loyal Player

Has anyone noticed when your aura is up that you get hit more often or harder and does it help to block 3ven while it's up I seemed to get knocked back more with the aura on then when it's not
  8. GodLikeSuperHero Active Player

Getting knocked down is the norm for us... I try to keep my control resistance up while hitting the combos.. that helps a little I guess..

Is it just me, or are we getting a small power return/regen effect while doing combos in tank role?
  9. ArchonOfLife New Player

Well with Atomic you mostly need Dom, since most of your heals are coming from that. Also you'll need health since your attacks heal you back off of your health amount. For my tank loadout I have the following:

•Atomic Reorganization/Particle Beam(Reorganization is group pull, Particle is singular taunt)
    •Themochemical Explosion(Main combo for heals also much fast than Atom Splitter for a faster combo)
    •Atom Splitter Or Beta Surge(This one is debatable, Personally I only use Atom Splitter if I'm using it for helping taunting the adds so that the second tank, if available, can have the main boss without adds stacked on him/her,if not in use, just use Beta Surge it's much faster and a tad more heals)
    •Proton Remedy( This is the Atomic Tank's Bread & Butter, without it you couldn't get extra heals per combo/second. It's best for you to combo Remedy with any combo in your possession as a tank, which would be Thermochemical or Atom Splitter/Beta Surge so that: 1.) You can get the Gluon Aura in one combo rather than two. 2.) So that while the aura is active you receive even more heals per second. 3.) And last it's a group Immunity once combo'ed due to Gluon Aura.)
    •Neutrino Blast( This is a group breakout & immunity you can also use this to combo with the combo attacks listed to receive the Gluon aura in one combo. Also used if you are countered from your combos.) Tip: If you are countered in a misted of a combo and the breakout isn't available, pop Remedy or the next move I will explain about if you don't get up, either you can die from not keeping the combo(no not related to rage just that the healing would stop no kill you) or you'll lose aggro for about 2 seconds which is enough time for Richard Sherman(Or Stoma from HH) to kill off a person instantly.
    •Unleash Antimatter(This is also a group breakout with two exceptions, It heals you at the same time & you cannot combo this to receive the Gluon Aura)
    Major Tips: Density, the shield for atomic is trashy. Do not use. It's in comparison to you just wrapping yourself in tin foil. You don't really block as a Atomic Tank 'less you see an opportunity to counter or it's a must-use(Like the manhunters in Blackest Day). Also Atomic tanks get the lovely 90% defense boost like ice.

That's all for my ideas of tanking with Atomic have any questions, comments, or even a better improved loadout hmu in-game(ArchonOfLife) or simply ask here.
  10. Roomba Dedicated Player

Didn't someone show you get much more out of health mods vs. the small amount of healing gained by dom mods?
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You get the natural Weapon Regen from your tier 1 hit counter, yes. This is normal for any combo (weapon or not) though. You can see with Rage Tanks, Celestial Healers and Light Controllers as well when they combo.