Need/Greed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Joker, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Joker New Player

Why can people in Troll/Heal/Tank stance Need on Dps gear? I'm bringing this up because you "Fixed" Need or Greed but left out Dps's i went into an FoS 1 instance with the express interest in getting the trinket from Scorpinoid and had everything worked out with the other 2 Dps to make sure i would get it when it dropped only to have a person in Troll stance swoop in and take it out of my fingertips (Followed by a swift kicking) only a person in Dps stance should be able to need on Dps loot just like only a Troll/Heal/Tank can need on their respective loot, why is that loot off limits for some but Dps is fair game?

And whatever say this is a QQ thread i do not care i'm steamed right now
    • Like x 6
  2. DC Ninja New Player

That is because everyone is a dps, but not everyone is a troller or tank or healer. Though I don't commend what the troller did, the actual 'rule' from the dev is that if you can need it, u have the right to need it. There is also the community rule where u can only need from your role.

Unfortunately, there will always be people sticking to the first rule. That's how the cookie crumbles..
    • Like x 5
  3. Balut New Player

Do we have a forum section where it says "Got Ninja'd"...

Run with ur league.
    4man or 3man raid it.
    And relax its not the end of dcuo.

Ive been ninjad a few times. Worst part even leaguemates. But there is always 'next time'.
  4. Joker New Player

The point is the other roles should not be able to need at all everyone can Dps but not everyone is a Dps they should not restrict it to what you could be but what you are that should be the limit on loot not if you can do it you should be able to need it
    • Like x 3
  5. Felix Frost Level 30

I personally would rather see us get our own loot drops... either everyone in the raid group gets the same drops all around or we get our own personal loot boxes. Then you would not see everyone crying over this!
    • Like x 3
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You can be as steamed as you like, but it probably won't change anything. If the devs had put into place a system where your role determined what you could roll on, you'd probably have some people being stuck getting nothing from a raid or alert. There's never a guarantee that a role item will drop as loot.

The system that's in place allows everyone the chance to get some loot via rolls while also allowing the players themselves to talk it out beforehand and determine what rules they want to use. After that, it's on the players to follow those rules and suffer any possible consequences if they break them.

But it's not ninja'ing if someone beats you on a roll that they're eligible to roll on. It just means you lost the roll. That's all.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

You don't need to be in role stance to roll need on role gear. Anyone who has healer as their role can role need on healer gear at any time, regardless of whether they're in healer or damage stance.
  8. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

The thing is the devs made it so that anyone who can access the role be able to need on it, i dont see a need but problems can arise when a person enters wanting a specific piece calling it but then when they can only greed on it someone in the role ninjas em. Either way you get problems so im not going to worry too much as dps gear seems to drop at the second highest rate of all gear.
  9. Brit Loyal Player

They did implement that. It's called Reward Boxes. Occasionally you get something useful, as if you had won the roll. Mostly you recieve some horrid consumeable, as if you had lost the roll. Most players find the horrible Doom Seeds worse than losing a loot roll on a boss.

Unless your suggestion is that every single raid boss should drop 16 peices of loot so that every single member can recieve both drops (not at all realistic), then some of these "individual loots" are going to be junk that we don't want. And after looking at the Reward Boxes having implemented this, I must say that in a game this dependant upon a RNG for loot, I strongly prefer a system that allows groups to have at least the option of passing loot to where it would be of best use, rather than give up the only shread of control that we currently have in favor of even more Random Loot Generator.
  10. Joker New Player

The fact is i'm a Dps and i was beat out on a roll for a piece of Dps by a Controller why can everyone and their grandma roll need on gear that i can use when i for instance can't roll need on healer or troll gear seeing as i'm a fire user why limit me to not get the gear i can't use and allow other support roles to need on my stuff just because it is "free game"?
    • Like x 2
  11. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, the loot rules are made by the community... Every role can need on either dps or their specific role... I'm dps and fall victim to this every week (I run mostly wit league, pug very little but that's when I get ninja'd)... But I tell u the truth, it's 10 times better now.... Back in the day trollers could role need on tank gear and we didn't have respec tokens available... Talk about drama..

I don't need many styles but these are the rules intended!! U can need on ur role and dps because u can do those roles... Run the content again and get it next time.. get the cc trinket.. It's pretty good!!
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Ah. See, you don't have your facts entirely straight. You are not DPS; you are Fire.
    • Look at your character on the login screen. Nowhere will he say "DPS". He will instead say "Fire"
    • Log your character into the game. Press the T button. You will enter what is known as the "Tank" role. You may do this any time that you are not in combat.
    • Pick up a piece of DPS gear and try to equip it. It will work. Pick up a piece of Tank gear and try to equip it. It will also work.
    Your character is not just the DPS role; your character is a powerset which has access to two roles (in your case both DPS and Tank). If you choose to only play one role, you choose to only play half of your character's potential. That is your choice, and you are certainly welcome to make it, but make no mistake this is your choice and the game in no way forces you to only play a single role. If you never want to play half your character's potential, that is fine, but you may not, however, insist that everyone else in the game is only permitted to play half their character as well.

To look at it a differant way, you can name yourself "Ultimate Arrow" and say that you are a Bow user. You can make the choice that you will only roll on Bows and you will pass on every other weapon, and that's your choice. You cannot, however, then force everyone else to not be able to roll on Bows because that's what you like the most. If they can use it, they are entitled to roll on it. If you want to impose additional restrictions on your group, you need to discuss that with the individual members of the group, but No, the game does not need to change the entire loot system in order to give you stuff that could be useful to everybody.

Everybody in the game can use that DPS gear. Everybody in the game can benefit from that DPS style. And the game's development team has been very clear that they are all entitled to roll on it. "If you can press Need, then you are allowed to" and that is courtesy of the game's development head. If you want to invent your own alternative loot rules, then that's between you and the group.
    • Like x 4
  13. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Sucks that you got ninja looted but it's happened to us all and it will happen again. Hell, I've carried guys through duos, alerts and raids and rolled numbers so low, you would think it was the other guy's damage, power or healing numbers.

But an FYI, "ninja looting" does not exist officially. It is a community stand and and as such more on the level of the "honor system". Meaning there will be those who follow it and those who choose not to.

With that being said, the devs have repeatably said that no change to the looting system will be put in place as everyone can DPS but not all can tank, heal or troll. Thus the reason why the system was changed to the current one some time ago.

Sure, there are 7 (in a raid) other people who can roll again a DPS on gear. But the tank, troll and healer deal with the same issue when a DPS of their class is in their raid. So in general, it evens out as much as it can.

In the end when it comes to rolling on gear, like Ricky Bobby said, "If you ain't first, your last."

And you do have options, like running with a league or people you trust.
  14. Joker New Player

all i am saying is if i am Dps'ing and a piece of Dps gear drops i am entitled to get it no? i don't just Dps i was originally a tank but got bored so i am trying something new, but i am also finding it hard because the stuff i need to progress as a Dps can be taken by not just the other 2 Dps i am working with in a raid (which i'm fine with they may need it too) but also the 2 trolls, 2 heals and the tank how is that justified if they are not Dps'ing why can they even have the chance to take what could have been mine?
    • Like x 2
  15. PKMN12 New Player

It is justified by it being the rules that the devs have set up. No, most of us do not like it either, but it is highly unlikely that it will change and it is the rules.
  16. Noxx New Player

You can also roll need on tank gear. Do that.
  17. Brit Loyal Player

My thoughts exactly. It all just gets replaced with teir gear anyways; people get way too bent out of shape over something that ultimately is just for style.

FFA runs are equal for everyone, while 'community rules' runs statistically benefit the DPS players at the cost of the role-specific players. The game has no shortage of DPS; I see no reason why we need to adjust the rules in order to provide even more reasons for people to play DPS and ignore their role-specific counterpart.

I've got every Healer style in the game. These days, if it's not FFA, then I refuse to Heal it. Feliticas is the same way about his Controlling. Dollie is with her Healing. Heck, even Ace only plays as DPS these days. We can all tell which way the wind is blowing. The majority of players are DPS, so they demand a loot system that favors the DPS players. If the loot system is going to favor the DPS players... well, my keyboard has a T button too.
    • Like x 1
  18. Noxx New Player

Just to complete what Brit said, I have everything controller in the game as well. Here's what I can do :

1. DPS - I don't want to DPS, I'm not good at it and I don't enjoy it. Plus, I don't have full T4 and my mods are not up to par. I would not be of much help to the group, I'd just end up being carried by people who do this for a living.
    2. Control and roll on DPS gear - I'm fully modded, fully geared and quite experienced. I can bring a lot to the table.

What would you prefer, OP?
    • Like x 4
  19. Brit Loyal Player

Bingo. Noxx hits the nail on the head.

And to this the consideration, if the OP had his way and the game proactively blocked us from rolling on DPS gear, that would leave only Option #1.

How many times have you been stuck waiting and searching for a Controller (or Healer or Tank)? Compare that to how many times you hear groups saying "Need DPS for [raid]"? Do you really want to force your fully geared and fully willing Controllers and Healers and Tanks to swap over into the overpopulation of DPS just so you can try to avoid sharing?
  20. Green Lantern New Player

So can I roll on troller gear since I'm full T4 DPS and would make a bad troll?