nature bow vs sorc bow ranged dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by iSmerk, Mar 7, 2013.

1. iSmerk New Player

wanna know you guys opinons are ive heard good things about nature being a beast at dps so i wanna hear what you guys think about it vs sorc...
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Sorcery's dps is extremely flexible thanks to final ruin, weapon of destiny, soul wells and circle. You can go bleeder dps or heavy hitter with WoD and Ruin. WoD is basically the 'functional' version of Neo-Venom Boost, and allows any weapon used to benefit from combination precision/might damage. It's got a little bit of a long cooldown so it can't be spammed over and over without using at least one power in between (or just waiting), but it's nice.

Given Ruin's damage is largely inconsistent yet will consistently eat up tons of your power bar, it's almost more viable to simply use WoD with a nice ranged or heavy hitting close combo. Given how WoD works, it also negates having to clip a power during a combo giving you more flexibility to use it with whatever weapon you want. The bad karma bonus can also help if casting it on a durable enemy that will spread damage longer/more often than a fodder type.

Nature can still do some nice damage with its own clips, but as far as ranged goes I don't see as much flexibility as Sorc has. Nature could use more powers and drop the stupid bird and dog forms and open it up for more flex options. I'd be fine with a straight up poison AOE similar to Gassy Claw, or whatever his name is.
  3. Sionn Committed Player

I love arrow storm on single targets, but it's has slow animations for melee.

You can string arrow storms pretty quickly, but if there are a lot of mobs, and if you have no weapon buffs like Intimidation, the aoe splits too drastically. Sorc gets a weapon buff (weapon of destiny), nature does not have anything like it.

I find one hander, dual wield, or staff better for nature dps. It helps to be melee to spread dots.
  4. Azreaus Committed Player

* That's not true - Nature has both Hivemind (might & resto buff) and Carnage (Pres & Crit chance buff) in the Shapeshifting tree both of which grants the buff to the whole team.
  5. Itazuki New Player

Both of them lack in the DPS right now.... Something we look forward to seeing helped some with the Nature and Sorcery revamp though.
  6. Sionn Committed Player

Neither of those proc extra yellow damage like intimidation, and weapon of destiny.
  7. Snix Dedicated Player

If your lacking in damage with either you might be doing something wrong. I'm doing great DPS. Could be better but I'm not complaining.