Narrowed down to two powers.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Renryuu, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Renryuu Level 30

Heya, my apologies for making another thread, I will try to make this my last one. I've been playing around with the powers and watching vids on them and have narrowed myself down to either munitions or light. I like munitions because of the variety of weapons it covers with its powers and my guy is based on the Doomed Marine/Duke Nukem type of character. I like Hardlight because of the whole infinite combo and only really needing two powers on your bar to start the combo spam.

I was hoping maybe you guys could help knock me off the fence onto one power or the other. Maybe go by the most versatile, or most mobile, or heck, maybe even most rarely seen. I know asking which does more dps is a futile question, but how about which would be more beneficial to a group while not drowning the group in a power they probably get tons of applicants from.
  2. IamINC Dedicated Player

Munitions.

1.It suits your characters overall theme
    2. Great damage and Biggun SC is awesome for adds
    3.AM power back is the same as any other AM
    4.HL is too vulnerable to interrupts imo

Hope that helps a little , I have toons with both powers at endgame and I would choose munitions for DPS although HL is my prefered troll power.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Play both. Both are great at both roles. Both are mobile. Both are easy to use. Both are quite common. It's really what you like.

I love munitions, but it is very easy to play. I've beenjoyed running a HL alt as of late. I may end up changing my main for a bit. This is one of the powers that a head mod won't really help or hurt. Funny, but using dash attack SC for pick ups or to speed ahead of other dps works great. Munitions still has biggun. Mmmmmm, biggun.

To me, both powers get countered quite a bit. They fixed HL so you can stand back up and be right back into AM.

Both are fun. Your toon sounds like munitions would look better. If that's what your going for, and don't want to be a lantern. Go munitions.
  4. Renryuu Level 30

Well ideally if I went light, I would make a whole new character for it rather than my existing one. At the moment, I'm just trying to pick a first/main power since I have yet to get a character to level 30.
  5. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

-BOTH are vulnerable to interrupts.
    -Both are dps/troll
    -Both can be mobile powers but I feel Muni is much more mobile. Mobile = getting to move while attacking.
    -Troll side they are both great

If you had to choose between the two it should really just come down to inputs. Munitions you just cycle through buttons. Light is alot more engaging requiring taps and holds of melee/ranged.
  6. Kontakt Active Player

i used to be HL and i'm not happy with mainly the damage HL is doing right now as opposed to its glory days, it's a fun power and it's still my fav power but the interrupts and the amount of damage it puts out made me switch powers.

Munitions is fun and does great damage, support role is also great, you may like it but i don't, i hate 1234 powers but i would recommend Munitions over HL for now until the revamp.
  7. RLManuel Committed Player

Honestly, both are fun to play, and are good controllers, and do good damage.

Hard Lights infinite combo puts up good numbers, don't let people tell you otherwise, it can beat the best as long as you have the sp and know how to combo/when to combo...

Munitions is also good, and does good damage. People are only going to say Munitions is better because of its big gun supercharge cheese that will put you on top of the scoreboard, but you still need to know when/where to use it...

I've been both, but I prefer Hard Light. It's more fun for me an requires more skill and doesn't need to cheese off of a supercharge...

Just pick the one you find the most fun/interesting to you.