My Positive Thoughts on Fire

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Crimson_Flare, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Crimson_Flare New Player

I have been fire since day one and have seen DCUO fix, break, and re fix everything. Fire has been up and down but with update 23 the devs started to do a balancing of powers for many reasons. More to come.

DPS role -

Pre GU 23 - A very cookie cutter type loadout was seen around DCUO with high risk high reward. Fire Burst, Mass Det, and even snuff out prior to the fix were long cast times and if rotated right produced big numbers. This lead to pretty much every DPS using relatively the same loadouts and game play. I mean has anyone seen a fire dps with a bow using fiery weapon, inferno, fire burst, and mass det? We needed something to bring more diversity to such a cool power.

Post GU 23 - Great animations but wait, what about fireburst? A lot of complaints started immediately about meteor, fireburst, the order of the tree etc... Like most I was mad at first and felt robbed. However, after trying new loadouts, let me rephrase that, many new loadouts in all types of situations including; Prime, Gates, Fos 2 and so on. I found Fire can still do big numbers but in a different way. A more efficient way. You have to be a more balanced player, instants casts, self heals, clipping, and even a cast time or two depending on the content played. A little more conservative with power, like everyone should, poor Trollers. You need to be active and aggressive. You can now stack DOT's which is great. They don't tick for a hole lot but stacked together getting up to your 50/60 percent damage increase can be nasty. Especially with the new home turf mods. On the down side, if your running with other good dps's then they will kill everything before you can stack dot's and get off good weapon combos with a clip. This is where you will fall short on the board. In that case you need to abuse your trinkets, cast a single dot and move onto clipping your weapon. Find a good quick rotation but keep a 60 percenter in there for bosses, this is where you can catch up. Once a boss fight starts, hit trinket, cast 35 percenter & clip, cast 45 percenter & clip, cast 50 percenter then hit the cast time of mass det or fireburst for your 60 percenter, then follow up with a weapon combo. If you have the home turf mod that keeps 60 percent up you will be beasting numbers on your weapon combo into your next clip which should start that rotation over. You will catch up or surpass the others here.

Tank role -

My favorite. I don't really need to go into tanking to much, they really didn't change much except animations. They made it possible to use some differnt moves for healing but I still stuck to the oldies but goodies. Fire tanks are beasts, cast your power to raise your health and grab aggro, pull em, knock em, heal, repeat.

Hope this made since, im not the best writer but wanted to shed some positive light on Fire.