My Midnight Masquerade issue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Random Mind, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I would ask why no one tries to capture the masked apparitions but I know the answers. "Gotta get me the most damage", "Someone else will do it", "If I'm capturing apparitions, I'm not doing damage", "Capturing apparitions means I'm not fighting the boss" and so on. I always seem to end up doing it because no one else will and even though it is only the first day, I am ready to just sit back and watch the apparitions stack up until someone else does does it. It's not that I mind doing it, I just wish more people would show the incentive to do it as well.

It is the same as the Bat-Mage where people stand on the hill even though the faster you kill the shadow bats, the quicker the boss spawns. The whole attitude of "someone else will do" gets pretty annoying.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

It's more that it's not needed cause he can be killed and the instance ended before they even become an issue. :)
    • Like x 4
  3. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I guess, I am noticing that more as I've stopped doing the capturing, though they get annoying if there's too many of them.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

If there were too many I'd do it as well, anyone with sense would, so with that in mind, people that let the room get out of control are silly yes :)
  5. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I also thought I remembered that the more apparitions there were, the less damage you do to Klarion. I'm probably mistaken though.
  6. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

That is rng on 1 of the first 2 phases. Depends which "powers" he "steals", where he is immune to damage while the adds are alive.
    As Proxy stated, the last phase is not necessary to do anything about the apparitions. 1 person using Krypto before apparitions appear, and Orbital when he has his defense buff (thought it was entire last phase, never noticed it being tied to apparitions) with at least a decent ST rotation can spawn last crystal long before it becomes an issue. Having the apparitions help Target Lock 1 where you throw the Crystal in a perfect line for gg ty.
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"Because I'm an end game player and it would be embarrassing to die while carrying that thing."
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually, with the HOL bot on a few toons, there is very little reason to capture the apparitions. However, along your 'I gots to do most damage' lines, people will probably blow off HOL and orbitals during the earlier phases and make the run go slower. It's actually funny as I see people going ham on him when the crystals are up but not placed when he will take no damage. I have a bigger issue with that (or people chucking the crystals AT Clarion) than people not running around with the absorption device.

Doesn't have to be HOL, could be any of the good ST damage ones...HOL is just very common, and 2 or 3 of them will burn him before the apparitions are an issue to deal with, if dropped at the right time. The absorption thing is a PITA in my opinion as is recharging it ever 30 seconds.

EDIT: Which I see Proxy and Red Wave already said.....so...'ditto'.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I always save my Henchmen (Creepy Crawlers for 10 percent more damage assuming that works this year) and Orbital when the Masked Apparitions spawn and that usually wipes out the first batch of em and enough damage on Klarion to spawn the last crystal. If the burn in the group is bad and no one seems to want to football toss the crystals then I'll probably run to the corner grab the Spirit magnet and bust me some ghosts. Hopefully that's enough for it to get done since it's embarrassing wiping on Midnight Masquerade with a weaker alt.
  10. GermanM Committed Player

Welcome to DCUO, here the only thing that matters is how big is your D...amage.

But in this case, to be fair, you only to de mechanich of crystals and that is all you need.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Ran it yesterday and at the start of the instance, 2 people dropped and no one joined until the very last minute. I had to switch to tank and I started controlling the adds. It took a bit before the other guy figured he needed to use the pot to capture them.

That was a struggle. I have not struggled like that since they introduced this content years ago. Back before they clamped all season instances and it was at end game level.

We would have 2 manned it okay and I am sure I could probably have soloed it, but dang it, it's a seasonal, I don't want to spend forever in there.
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Just nuke the boss and be done with it. Every year it gets easier. And if you die in there…you suck. (Just saying). And save pets and krypto for his last phase. No reason to drag it out.