My First Rage Quit

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mysticwraith, May 31, 2013.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

So I was on an alt when unpaid was looking for players. I joined up and off we went. Now unlike most people with alts I take time to make sure I get sp up to be effective. I have 6 lvl 30's, and only one I would consider a DPS. Why? Because most classes are capable of DPS. DPS is a dime a dozen compared to specific classes like Heal, Troll, or Tank.

Now when I'm running a group I always say loot rules( Since the ingame options don't allow for class lock outs) which normally is need for need, greed for style. If I'm in another group I respect their loot setup and always make sure to ask before raid begins this way I'm aware who might be rolling for what. Most of the times I have no problems even if I loose on the piece.....name of the game sort to speak, but after being told the loot role was greed on style I was more than a little frustrated when a DPS specific rolled on a piece he wasn't going to use other than style. After this occurred I told the leader either kick him or loose me. He was upset and asked me to please just finish the raid. I said you know normally I would but I think there needs to be an example here, and I dropped.

Now most are going to say there's no such thing as ninja looting which is fine, but there is a thing called common courtesy. This tool even asked if anybody needed before the roll which I replied "yes", and he still rolled. I'm sorry but if that isn't rude than I don't know what is. If he was going to use the piece for another role for later use I might not of been so upset, but to go against the raid leader loot rules, asking the class, and still rolling is disrespectful to everyone in the raid is completely selfish.

My advice to others be careful who you upset in this game. You may think "oh well I really don't know this person so I have no problem offending them", but when your needing that specific class to get through the run, and if they rage quit....good luck. You might be able to replace them, you might be able to get a little further, but from my experience when one important piece goes so does the raid.
  2. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

You have my sympathy at being treated poorly by a clearly rude player, and it was completely reasonable to leave.

However, I have to say that the last part of your post is pretty silly, IMHO. Especially for filling a DPS role, they most likely had a new player within a few minutes. There are a lot of people playing this game, and while it might be a fun fantasy to imagine that someone will eventually get a 'bad reputation' and no longer be able to find folks to play with... that is simply just not reality. Focus on finding honorable friends to play with, and just leave the rude ones behind and put 'em on ignore.
  3. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Thank you and I agree, but replacement while the most logical approach isn't always a successful one. The reason being, a pickup looses marks and drops just by going into last fight. To be accurate I would say you have a 60/40 chance of picking up a heal, troll, or tank depending on how far along you are, DPS is almost always replaceable. Though you might be able to get a replacement sooner or later, but majority of the time that I've raided and lets say a healer drops, half the time the raid is a bust.
  4. YodaDog New Player

Im with you.. the guy was rude, you have every right to be upset..

But just food for thought.. Did you really teach anyone a lesson? Doubtful, IMO. Jerks will continue to be jerks.. They found someone else and moved on, and that guy didnt spend a moment of time worrying about offending you or reflecting on his actions, if I had to guess. You slowed them for a minute, but likely they filled the slot and finished the raid.. Meanwhile, you burned up 30+ minutes and didnt get the rewards for it.. I understand you drew a line in the sand, and that is certainly your right and prerogative.. But Im not sure you didnt solely hurt yourself there, with that decision.

Plus. You said he asked first, then rolled anyway after you said you needed it. Clearly rude. But if his intention was to roll regardless, then why ask in the first place? Isnt it possible he just didnt hear you?
  5. MetalMario Loyal Player

Did you already get something you rolled on that run? Were people greeding for salvage? Asking if you can roll on something against the loot rules is basically just ninja looting the people who agreed to follow them anyway, to be honest. That being said, unpaid should be a style run unless everybody needs the gear for upgrades, otherwise it's unfair to the people who don't have crappy toons. Sorry this comment isn't very coherent.
  6. lackofinterest Well-Known Player

I wouldn't consider that a rage quit, Mystic. Believe it or not fellow forum folks, with the USPC villain side being so small, sometimes this does make a difference.
  7. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I'm with you on this, though I have to admit I've been REALLY tempted to need on style in some runs, especially when I need only one or two pieces to complete a style set (and have run the instance lots of times). It's especially tough in pugs when I know some people can actually use that gear to level up.

On the other hand, I ran Wayward last night with someone in full blue, fully-modded t5 gear, and he needed on every single drop. Now THAT's just rude.
  8. rockyourworld New Player

Maybe he didn't heard you or read what you typed??
  9. Hendrix Well-Known Player

Every run is a style run. That is the only thing that is 100 percent fair. That is how the game is designed. The artificial need-on-role rule favors the DPS getting fully geared in both stances first (3x as fast) and that is obviously not fair because everyone spends the same time in the instance, everyone gets locked out of loot, everyone contributes to the completion, and everyone needs to gear up their toon to play solo and duo content in dps stance, and to complete style feats that permanently advance the character. All of the artificial reasoning and shaming and black listing to force people to use the DPS-first rule are bullying tactics that are invalid and should be openly discouraged. Players in either stance can and should roll for the gear that they need and no one should be outraged and immature about losing a fair roll. Stop imposing unfair DPS-first rules. Stop quitting when you don't get what you want.
  10. Goony New Player

im confused just a little bit here, were you a dps, if so they prolly didn't even look for another player they prolly just went on without you.
  11. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

No I was a Troller, a DPS only rolled on the piece who had no need for the piece other than style because he doesn't troll. That's what made me a little upset. If he trolled at all that's the name of the game which I'm fine with, but he asked if anyone needed and I said yes, but he stilled rolled for the style.
  12. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Exactly:) I'm a villain on USPC on and it's rough replacing a certain roll if anything other than a DPS drops. Can't say it can't be done but we know how hard that can be don't we lack? The hero's have a nice cushion compared to villain's on that server. I just feel that if more DPS would play the other rolls that would justify the need roll, but sadly majority don't and this is why we have issues filling raids because of that.
  13. About 2 Punt New Player

Loot rules? You were pugging , do you understand the concept of the word? Pug = Pick up group alias people you don't know and have never played with. If i pug i always need on everything devs have put there for me to roll on it. Nuff said.:cool:
  14. About 2 Punt New Player

15. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

You sir are example of what the problem is and selfish hope you don't believe in Karma.....enough said:p
  16. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

No I didn't receive any piece that run, but majority of time I'm fine with marks, however the shoulders drop which happen to be an upgrade for me. Now the raid leader told us prior to greed on style so unless you were rolling need for an upgrade no one was supposed to roll need at all, but he did and I lost out on my upgraded piece even after he asked if anybody needed and I replied yes.
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Yes I know what you mean with low population on villain side. It's the same issue with hero side, too many dps and not enough support roles. Just seems lately on vilain side, healer population has dropped and troller population has risen a bit.