My First Experience with Elite: FP Duo and Alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cerulean Osprey, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Soooo! While climbing from CR 85 to 338, I ran the Flashpoint event content everyday for two months. When I hit 322, I was able to instantly buy the full set of Ultimate gear straight-up. Then I ran the Normal versions of the duos, alerts, and raids. Normals were fun after doing Event versions.

So I was like, "Hmmm, I should try the Elite versions", and mind you, I've never actually done Elite content at-level before. The only other times I've done Elite were with my league, but they were all overgeared for the some of the Age of Justice and Earth 3 raids. None of my leaguemates were on, so I PuG'd it. It was an experience!

The Duo:
    • Pretty easy until the ATOM-Bot came out and my Duo partner didn't lunge it. We wiped a few times until we figured that out.
    • "Man, there's a lot of prisoners during the prison break sequence..... OH WHOOPS I'm dead."
    • Heatwave hits like a truck. I had to change my loadout to make sure I had a shield.
    • All in all, a nice challenge!
    The Alert:
    • Feels like Tank and Healer are REQUIRED. Just trying to find the right roles from On-Duty takes some time. I don't think I'm going to do this Alert without my league.
    • Aquaman---Once you get a handle on the GeoForce pulse, the jellyfish, and the water bubbles, it's pretty easy to watch for. Just need to react.
    • Queen Diana --- LOL, so before we start, the tank says "WAIT. Study the symbols!", and I look, and to my horror, there are 8 symbols. And to my embarrassment, the first time the symbols came up, I mixed up the two that look like triangles and died.
    • Queen Diana --- IIRC, it's pretty straight-forward once you get the patterns.
    • Reverse Flash --- Our Healer sure had to be on top of things! I think it was Page of Destiny that was really shining?
    • Reverse Flash --- We wiped a couple times, but I got a handle on the fight's patterns. Rallying people is a little more forgiving than I thought. I actually picked up the Tank right next to Zoom without incident.
    • Reverse Flash --- The only part we couldn't clear was the portals that heal Zoom. Those windows are really short!
    • Reverse Flash --- The group ended up having to leave after 80 minutes. Very disheartening to not finish, but I feel good to have learned it.
    THOUGHTS
    • I did end up with some good players, but I also had some very bad ones. It's a crapshoot. I don't think I'm ever going to do Elite without my leaguemates.
    • I get the sense that having gear and skill points and artifacts would help a little, but you need to figure out the Boss patterns and have good group coordination to clear these. My controller gear was only 332CR and I only have my Troll artifacts to about 100 level. Didn't feel like an issue.
    • It was a challenge.
    • But it was fun. And certainly do-able, but it's not something you casually jump into without either doing your homework first, or having a patient group to work through it with.
    How do other Elite instances compare?
    • Like x 4
  2. Roocck Committed Player

This will be a interesting thread. For me with my dps and healer or tank on the dúo elite was easy. Alert tried twice and raid once months ago with Tank and dps role and never tried it again and probably never will. To difficult!!!!! North worth the hassle and time spent for the loot received…
  3. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I feel that now that I have done the Duo, in retrospect it's easy. The one time I did it, me and the other guy rolled in there as DPS. I have a feeling it can be done with 2 DPS if both players can self-heal and/or shield.

The Alert... Takes some learning, I think.
  4. Shalayah Committed Player

Eh the elite duo is pretty easy. I like to dual role so I don’t mind going tank if need be. I have no need to run it anymore due to max renown and I got every feat so The likelihood of getting a good player nowadays might be a bit lower unless you LFG. I remember accidentally queueing elite and my partner left during the HW fight. Had to solo him and beat him.

The alert? I don’t touch the alerts unless it’s a feat run. The renown isn’t worth the time potentially spent in the alert.

The raids. FFE is by far the easiest Elite raid ever dropped so you already know that was being spammed. FVE is a good raid though. It’s not too difficult as long as you follow the mechanics (which can be said for just about every elite raid) but it’s not braindead easy like FFE.
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Take amazo out before the bot shows up and he's super easy. 2 dps makes that duo take about 6mins I think? Fire hurts a lot in this game. Like a tier 1 solo can have fire and still kill a 342 toon. Fire is op in this game. Not the powerset, just enemy fire. Same thing with heat wave tho, just nuke him and he doesn't even get to do a mechanic.

Alert, that was the toughest of the elite content this dlc. Yes, tank and healer. Troll helps honestly because debuffs so ideally a battle troll of not a buff troll. Not a power troll, better off doing 2 dps if that's the option. Sounds like you had fun tho so welcome to elites, they're the best part of the game. Well, some. Some are just a tad harder than event level. Others are brutal.
  6. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Oh really? My main Controller spec is a Buff Troll. I do have a Battle Troll spec, but I don't typically run those in PuGs because I find people complain about Battle Trolls they don't know. It did feel like the boss fights were prolonged when I was in my Buff troll spec.
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It's going to depend on group. If you've got a great burner vs a meh one. If they're great, debuffs and buffs will be nice. If they're meh, you'd be better off battle trolling or just straight dps
    • Like x 1
  8. inferno Loyal Player

An excellent and helpful report. Nice Job.
  9. spikeat Well-Known Player

It's actually easier if you run with 2 DPS for Amazo because you can defeat him in under a minute or so. If you run with a healer or tank then Amazo will use his shield or defense buff.