Munitions suggestions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by American Marksman, Jan 20, 2019.

1. American Marksman Active Player

I have 2 suggestions for munitions that I think should be implemented

1. The animation for particle gun looks terrible. Would instead love to see the laser animation like the Lexcorp NPC’s use which in a way would function like the eye beam from iconics.

2. Instead of having both a single and multi-net launcher power would love to see a flamethrower power. I know rifle has flamethrower already but you should be able to have a much better version of the power as part of the power set without having to change your weapon.

3. Last thing is do people even use the under 35% powers still? I just think it’s odd to have powers so far down in the tree that most don’t even use. I think you could increase the power cost of those powers and increase the overall damage or effectiveness (for support roles) of those powers. As a DPS I haven’t used those powers in a while
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

A laser would be cool. Single net works great in combo with Mini-Nuke. They can't evade it. Multi-Net has it's purposes too.
    That's where mulitple Armories come in. Are you fighting a bunch of adds or a single target; or a Boss?
    Munitions is quite flexible. Even for a Troll.
    And yes almost all my toons use the 35% finisher. It hits very hard on single targets, when they are below 35%.
    • Like x 1
  3. American Marksman Active Player

I guess what I’m saying about the net launcher is you could use that power on both a single or multiple targets. Really no need to make it two separate powers. That and the shotgun don’t make much sense and they could do more there to add more variety to loadouts for both dps and support roles. Are you using below 35% powers with a hybrid or pftt build? Would love to see how much more damage you’re getting with special package compared to rail guns or 5 barrel mini gun.
  4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I run PffT. The difference is noticeable to say the least. It is not a great power prior to the 35% door opening up. Once that door is open, the health bar of the target drops precipitously. It is called a finisher; although that word is not mentioned in the description. On raid bosses it may not be as noticeable; due to the large bar. But it still hits very hard.
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What's wrong with Shotgun? Use that all the time: hit it, BangBangBang, repeat, it knocks back and stuns most mobs, which is what you want for a troll
  6. American Marksman Active Player

• Nothing wrong with shotgun really it's just that it is an odd fit for the power set (munitions = channeled base powers & shotgun is a combo power). There are other powers in the set that are better. I could see it being useful in pvp but that's about it.
    • As far as having small package on the loadout I went back and did some testing. Obviously when the target's health is above 35% rail guns, rocket launcher, 5 barrel mini gun, and chain gun are all better than small package. When the target's health dips below 35% then yes small package is better than the other powers but it's not that much better than rail guns. Only a one to two thousand in damage (29,695 to 27,620) difference actually. If you look at the per tick damage rail guns (4 ticks) and chain gun(3 ticks) are still better than small package. So what I am saying is that small package is only going to be worth having on your loadout for a small duration of time as compared to the other powers which will be more useful most of the time. The damage numbers I included below and they were on single target but most of these powers are exponentially better than small package on multiple targets. I think if they made an artifact that increased the damage of the 35% below health powers it would be much more worth it to use. I may still tinker around with it and have it on another armory/loadout. Numbers are below
    Above 35% - single target
    small package (6 hits) - 13,053
    Below 35% - single target
    small package (6 hits) - 29,695
    Other powers - single target (no burning PI added)
    Rail guns (5 hits) - 27,620
    Chain gun (3 hits) - 21,076
    5 barrel mini gun (5 hits) - 21,135
    Rocket launcher (4 hits) - 15,594
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

My only issue is how weak it is. Of all the 100 powers in the game, a kind of combo power at that. I was really hoping after the revamp you'd be able to use shot gun in pve like we used to in pvp.

It's really only good for troll role, and I wouldn't really call it "good".
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh well, that's the problem then: you are a DiPS