Munitions Dps Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by gold heart, Jul 11, 2018.

1. gold heart Active Player

Anyone got a good munitions loadout for me to try which isnt too power hungry? Thanks
  2. SearchName New Player

Here.

Little Power Consume - 240CR , 9-12K/Sec Single, 16-20K/Sec 3Target
    Shrapnel Grenade Launcher, Chain Gun, Railguns, Five Barrel Minigun, Robot Sidekick and (Neo-Venom Boost or Mounted Turret or Biggun)

Easy and Better Loadout. I use This. 240CR , 12-15K/Sec Single, 23-26K/Sec 3Target
    Shrapnel Grenade Launcher, Mini Nuke, Chain Gun, Railguns, Robot Sidekick, Neo-Venom Boost

Biggun - good but charging too long and too much Supercharged consume, Interruptible
    Mounted Turret - poor damage, Interruptible
    Neo-Venom Boost - good choice, increases damage

Skills Focus Superpowered only. Might.

THX.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

4. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

hope that helps
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

'Splosion hitting harder than Mini-Nuke w less power cost.

Shrapnel Grenade Launcher, Mini-Nuke, 'Splosion is a nice hard hittin' combo.
  6. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

if you want to play up close, yes, splosion is nice, especially with rocket retreat. I wouldn't say it hits harder though. You can also change flak cannon for chain granade launcher for a little more burst DPS. You can also change mini nuke to 50cal if you like. You can take out flak cannon and put in 5 Barrel Minigun if you want. You can use Biggun or MT or Neo Venom if you want.

If a player wants the best loadout for their power then they should spend a few hours on the dummies finding one that works best for them.

There are tons of ways to play all the powers. That's why there's at least 2 threads going rn rating DPS powers and everyone has a different opinion.
  7. SandMancr Active Player

what about this loadout I try it and think is good .. I want to listen our opinion
  8. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Killer Instincts works well for munitions if you have the mod in and I've tested rotations involving it before but I don't think it works best. For me.

I've found that the KI loadout and my video loadout cause roughly the same damage throughout an entire raid/alert/duo though so there's really no huge difference in my opinion. My main loadout, which is not what's in the video btw, causes more damage in my opinion than using a KI loadout. Yes, you get the 2% buff if you have the mod in for KI but using a damaging power in the place of KI seems like it causes more damage in the long run.

For example, with the KI buff I get 2% more damage/criticals for 12 seconds (I believe). If I parse 30k over 10 seconds on a dummy, or dummies, then I've only gained about 700 (at most) damage by using the KI mod. If I put a power such as Chain Grenade Launcher in it's place and stick with other mods, like the MT mods or Biggun, then, to me, I'm doing more damage because CGL hits multiple times and targets for quick massive damage.

I've also tested the 2 against each other and not using the KI mod/loadout works a lot better for DPS.

The thing with KI is it's only 2%. I've talked to other munitions players who use it and they swear by it, others are like me and don't really like it, others use it in their loadout and just don't have a SC on it (which is actually pretty godly in short raids/alerts/duos). It really just depends on what you like and how you play.

Now, there are other variations of my loadout that work pretty much the same way, but none of them involve KI.

Use my loadout and replace Flak Cannon with either Chain Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Particle Gun, or 50 Cal. All of those work nicely in it's place also.
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Try Shrapnel Grenade Launcher, Mini-Nuke, 'Splosion.
    Check DMG out; 'Splosion hits harder most of the time.
  10. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Yes, use splosion if you're playing up close if you like. I still wouldn't say the dmg output in an actual instance is more or even on par with ranged attacks though unless you're playing with a tank who can ball up ads, such as a rage or atomic tank, something with good pulls. If you don't have that then the ads are too spread out to be really effective. I've also tested the dmg output on a splosion loadout vs a more ranged loadout, ranged wins hands down for me.

But like I said, there's many different ways to use the powers, find one you like and stick with it til you find something better for you.
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Like you said depends on the instance but I did find Mini Nuke/KI>Flack>Chain>Splosion>Flack>Mini Nuke repeat would parse higher than the range combo's but it would be situational depending on the spread of the adds because of the range limitations. Like in pano/esc it was fine but not zoo etc

12. dogmaticus83 Active Player

Damn... now I want to play munitions DPS with acrobatics... get that Winter Soldier/G.I. Joe feeling in DC universe :D.