Movement Trinkets

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Guamanian, May 1, 2013.

1. Guamanian New Player

I was just thinking: wouldn't it be cool if, the Monitor Propulsion Pack (Joker Jetpack), the Gloves of Clinging (Batman Gauntlets), and the Journeyman's Boots (Super Speed Boots) were trinkets instead of armor... They Could keep the same stats and be activated by pressing the number key assigned to it. Just a thought. Please make it happen :)
    • Like x 5
  2. Mileena New Player

That's a good idea. I like it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Octantis New Player

If they were trinkets then they'd have a duration, and couldn't be cancelled, so you'd have to wait for the effect to end before you go back to your original movement mode. Additionally, they don't give you the upgraded autorun skills (like the Grapple Lines, or Super Sonic), so if you needed to use one of those, again you'd have to wait until the effect's duration ended.

Keeping them as gear allows you to swap movement back and forth at will and without negative consequences.

It seems the way they are now is just functionally better. But to be honest, I can't tell if I would use them more, less, or the same as my Journeyman Boots if they were trinkets. I don't really have a spot on my Utility Belt i'd want to give up for a movement changing trinket.

What I would do is just add the ability to change Movement modes to the Mainframe as a Feet Tactical Mod.
    • Like x 1
  4. BerzerkerUnit New Player

Not if you made them like costumes. This needs to happen now. In fact, you could double the awesome by having a "transformation" that tacks the graphic onto your current costume. Let the trinket add a style or add the styles to the vault as purple.

Make it so.

Please.
    • Like x 1
  5. BerzerkerUnit New Player

And by "like costumes" I mean like Manhunter circuitry or clown nose.

Double points if the devs figure out a way to leave movement skills intact on the hotbar.

I love the idea of speeding around in combat then SWOOP!
    • Like x 1
  6. CheckmateEnjoi New Player

Phantom Zone Kryptonite Chunk or whatever does flight
  7. Guamanian New Player

I like all your posts... Thanks guys. I really like the idea of mountable pets ( like other games) and so I thought making movement trinkets would work the same way. I like my main movement style, but I hate how the Jetpack, Gauntlets, and Boots lower my stats when I wear them. So I don't use them as much. That's all :) I hope the devs read these posts.