Mother + Father Box Artifacts + Other Ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Apr 21, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

-While we wait for the gift lol I thought we have a discussion on these two as potential artifacts and not trinkets. Correct me if I'm wrong but I never seen either one floating in the air in the shows or comics. I do know however that both boxes have many abilities which is why I made this thread. The potential for them to be artifacts instead of trinkets is huge. Them just doing damage as a trinket is boring and not really exercising your potential to do what they are designed to do. I'm sure the idea has been brought up behind closed doors.

-Extend the reach of melee weapon attacks such as One-Handed, Duel Wield, and Two-Handed. It's odd that we have different weapon sizes such as a claymore but then we have a pipe or a baseball bat. Increasing the reach by 5 meters isn't ground breaking to say the least. Just a thought. (think of Cao Cao from Dynasty Warriors when you use Musou his sword reach extends.)

-Bring back the concept of having weapons with special effects such as the Central City ones.

-Lantern Rings as a trinket. Since more lanterns threads have been popping up ever so often we could have the exemption of having them as a trinket instead of a full power. We already have trinkets that transforms us into something new such as the Kryptonite Chunk with Kryptonian powers, the same can be applied for lantern rings such as Blue, orange, violet and so on.

-Give us the ability to customize our side kicks/henchman appearance to the say the least. They have the same bodies as the ones you're able to choose from when making a new character.

-Would it be possible to have choices when speaking to an npc and the choice you make determines your alignment or whatever? I know there was a thread or a discussion on us having our characters speak and it defeats the purpose of having a mic. Batman and many league members have different view points and having that freedom would make the game more immersive.
    • Like x 3
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

M + F Box utility belt;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Fwames Well-Known Player

Don't forget there is an Orphan box too
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Grandma Box as well
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

A size alteration , phasing, boomtube, soul self, Starbolts, Lantern ring, and weather Artifacts would be cool
  6. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Seeing as we had size alteration with the Mordru's crystals during the Legion bounties, a size altering trinket or artifact I think should be easy enough to accomplish and I would be 100% on board!
    • Like x 1
  7. Radstark Active Player

Lantern Ring would work better as an accessory IMO. Just the ring's glow on the left hand.

Size altering was a thing for Venom power when that was in the works before being scrapped and I think the idea would work well for a full powerset. Or make it a part of a full shapeshifting power like Plastic Man's.

A system that lets our choices influence our alignment was suggested multiple times and I really love that idea! It could also be done with the NPC interactions that are already in game - we could choose whether to talk that suicidal NPC off the roof or to push them down, and that would influence our alignment.

Customizing sidekicks is also a very cool idea. Probably customizing their whole appearance would be a lot of work if even possible, but making their colours depend on our palette's would be great. Their appearance already changes based on our lair anyway, so maybe they could be based on that lair's palette?

Mother Box and Father Box artifacts sound great as well.