Most over powered dps power now?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Offline, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Offline Well-Known Player

First off. Just give tell me what's the most over powered dps power right now for ps4. Please don't say its about artifacts, your sp, how you play the power. Etc. I don't want that and half that isn't true.

1. I'm earth dps/tank and can't up my damage in any content if it comes down to range attacks. The animations are just so slow on earth that my dmg will never increase.

1.2 earth tank. It sucks. I used the pet and it died and I lost 50% of my health instantly. Jack hammer yeah for stone skin. Nope. In alerts it sucks. No heal, no troll. Earth tanking imo is bad.

2. I've just about enough SP to fill the bottom tree.

3. The artifacts I can rank up slowly for a new power.

I'm just sick of being bottom dps everytime by alot all because the animations on earth are just so slow.
    Upheaval... yawn 20 minutes later still in animation.
    I'm at the end of using earth now and need another OP dps power to use l. I'd prefer something that I can use as tank or heal preferable but I'm not bothered as long as I can do more damage.
    • Like x 1
  2. Siramez Well-Known Player

Too bad no one can give you answer except this one... SP, Artifacts, Allies, knowledge of the power are all the biggest factors in how the power performs for YOU as the player. But I guess if this is not the answer you wanted... you could try Fire, which is the best power of all tank powerset.
    • Like x 4
  3. Offline Well-Known Player

Look I've played dcuo for a long time before my break. I know for a fact we all say there is no overpowered power so everyone doesn't jump on it and gry it nerfed. Don't come on here saying anything other than the truth.

I'm sure fire is as a weak as earth dps?
  4. Siramez Well-Known Player

I will not argue with you as I see that as a biggest waste of time, anyway, Fire performs better than earth when it comes to single target might DPS, however, earth's jackhammer performs better than fire when it comes to multi-target (AoE in this case). Nowadays, single target DPS is far more important than AoE in the current content/meta, so I would pick Fire over Earth for that reason. Fire tanking, like other tank powers, are all viable and can be used in any content, fire tanking focuses on damage mitigation with Immolation ability and relies on proccing burn effect on adds to give you massive heal over time, fire tank also has great pulls compared to earth.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry to say this, but the issue you’re having is more about user skill than you not being a “broken” power. You can switch to a broken power and not do anywhere near the top damage simple because you just aren’t skilled enough to use them optimally.

For example, you say that you that in alerts it’s bad because if brick dies you lose half your health. I have seen every single tank power run the elite alert without a healer and have no issues. I’ve also seen tanks of every power die to adds and then I have to switch to healer. User skill is the number one defining factor when it comes to performance. You can be a “broken” power with maxed arts, allies, and sp and still lose out to someone not geared.

Having issues with something? Instead of saying that there’s something wrong with the power maybe check and see if there’s something wrong you are doing first.
    • Like x 8
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the game has changed a lot from back in the day. and a lot of the powers are pretty balanced and with lvled arts and the sp and know how of a power they are all good or can be good. out side of arts and allies being for sure pay to win. the biggest factor is the player. putting everything equal it all comes down to know how and skill. accept it or not its true.
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

What is your question? Which power is the strongest right now? Is that what yoy wanna know? Im cant tell what is that you wanna know.
    You want to be top damage with low artifacts and low allies? If thats what you want, then thats nonesense. Thats not how the game goes these days.

I can tell you that Earth is not weak. Is it the best? No. But its not weak at all.
    What i get from reading your complaints is that you want to play the game like if it was the same as 6 years ago (or more). And thats not an issue with the power, but with you.

If yoy want to change to a "better power" you can try Electric. I think most players would agree that right now is one of the easiest and strong powers.
    That one or Munitions, maybe.

But...again, if what yoy want is to be able to do high damage with low arts and allies, youre being delusional.
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Because I have the chance to flex here, I finished the elite alert with no healer & 3 dps as rage and I used severe less than 20 times. I specifically wanted to use it only when I absolutely had to. In this instance I limited it to purely bosses and paced each group of ads to avoid too much damage in
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Here you go.

• Like x 1
  10. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Check out some of Obsidian's you tubes and he goes through several powers .
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

People don't realize how important timing is. Sometimes you have to wait a split second to make sure a power hits before hitting another. Or knowing you have enough time to finish casting before rolling out of an AOE.
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I had a hard time staying alive as an earth tank, tried both pet and no pet builds but they just didn't work for me. To be fair i am still new to tanking but i ended up switching to fire and i do much better with that and was even able to tank the new alert on elite so for me fire is working out great. As far as dps side goes i have always been able to do good dps with any power so no issues there.
  13. oStainz New Player

I have no idea how people say brick tanking sucks.. like my brick barely dies and I take damage barely ever!? Use your shields accordingly and use the right arts.. I’m only at like 360sps and it’s a walk in the park..

As for earth dps it can melt with the right LO, again use the right arts when it comes to ranged attacks. Upheaval clips and other moves. Which I’ll let you figure out… but this post ain’t it. Earth is great and idk how people have such a hard time lol..

Xbox: OvaRated
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Seems like the OP is a bit high strung on conspiracy...

As if everyone in the forums, secretly is hiding that there's one particular power that just out-performs every other power, in every possible way.

It's serums dude. Serums is the OPest power.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Why would you tell them!!!!! Well… there goes my scoreboard chasing…
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The biggest issue I’ve seen with earth (and ice tanks) have has been dealing with damage in/self sustain. Yesterday (or the day before, can’t remember) I ran with an earth tank that does to hallway adds and died in LB. They were also struggling with 1st boss and kept trying to kite around the pillar playing keep away. Was funny actually. But this is something I’ve seen a few times with earth and ice. If they don’t have a healer they panic when they take damage. There are a good number of ways for tanks to self sustain from damage or to avoid damage. The reason I think some have an easier time with fire is that if they make a mistake they can just heal it back up.

On my ice I try to play a game when I run solos. I try to go the whole instance without taking damage as a dps. When I do alerts I do the same while I tank. Heck, I’m general I do that when I’m ice.
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've noticed a lot of tanks, when I was first running elite this dlc, were trying to face tank everything. Health taking huge dips, then they're running around trying to avoid damage until they can get healed back up. Personally I found it kinda funny, because I think people should learn their powers abilities.

Because of my last sentence, I started stretching my horizon of understanding of powers. My main is Rage, and it's an awesome tank. I switched another alt to atomic, learned that, became very capable with it, and got a nice understanding of it. Switched that alt to fire recently, will learn that and earth next.
  18. Offline Well-Known Player

I've read what everyone has wrote and not one person has actually said oh it's munitions and gadgets that's top dps tight now.
    I went into a raid yesterday and there was 4 munition dps in it as might. They absolutely killed everything in there path. Nothing stood a chances no tank needed because munitions killed everything.

Your all not gonna admit one power is op just because it will get nerfed. Well I will say it. Why does munitions and gadgets stay on top dps when the game is struggling for tanks on EU side.

All I ever see is players ask for tanks yet they're all so weak compared to munitions and gadgets. Either buff tanks or nerf munitions and gadgets.
  19. Siramez Well-Known Player

because people prefer big damage numbers and scoreboard chase so why bother using a tank power? its a meta problem, not the game itself, i used to be a healer until people went on Gadgets meta bandwagon so i had to switch to tanking to help my league and friends do the content.
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...i did mention Munitions, along with Electricity. So...i guess you did not read everything.
    Didnt mentioned Gadgets because i know that you would do 1 rotation, run out of power and then come here to complaint about how you cant do damage because youre out of power all the time.
    • Like x 1