More Movement-Powers please ...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by aortenruptur, May 28, 2016.

1. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

Found a 6 (!!) year old clip from another Superhero MMORPG (Champions Online).
    They have a lot of movement modes in an older game.
    I heard City of Heroes/Villains had a more than our 3.3 movement modes.

Why don't we?

2. Midnight Malice New Player

Most of those are just more specific variations on what we already have... only 2 were really 'unique' tunneling and teleport, which would kind of break the game... you have like 7 forms of flight, with slightly different visuals, 4 or 5 skimming, and muliple jumps. Most of those are covered. It would be kinda cool though if they had styles for the skimming discs, or variations on the movement effects based on your powers that you could toggle on or off.
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

NONSENSE!!! Champs and City of games had more moves and more control and usefulness in their moves than ANY DCUO player of ANY skill has with this games "version" of supermoves..played City of since Beta to server shut down...subbed Champs for at least 1 YR...Preordered PS3 disc for DCUO to get my original acct...gave up all kinds of original things to put my acct on PC...considering all the ******** about PS3 whatever I lost in swag I gained in simple playability...still subbed ...I know what I am saying...
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

They announced movement skins alongside movement variants. Of course that's been so long ago now that we can assume they never had more specific plans other than Skimming.
  5. Midnight Malice New Player

It would be cool... bursting into flames when you fly, leaving atomic trails behind, flame debris left on the ground when running, using a friggin glider, or ice chuck with a trail... They could even friggin Iron Man flight and have random armor pieces fly in from offscreen and attach as you take off... or just boots... whatever. YOU HEAR ME DAYBREAK! I feel like I should write up concepts for each power and movement mode...
  6. Impulsively Committed Player

If they really want to stoke up a fire and possibly make some money, they should add a new section of the style screen to modify your movement mode aesthetics.

In the same way that you can acquire and equip auras, they could add new style objects that can be consumed the way that auras are and will add one of your specific effects to your super speed/flight/acrobatics animations (fire trails, atomic particles, etc.) Put them in Booster Bundles or simply throw them on the marketplace.

They're sure to make a pretty penny off of something like that.
    • Like x 1
  7. PrinceOfNsanity New Player

Honestly what can they add? We have flight, speed, acrobatics and a hoverboard. Idk what else they could do other than tucking into a ball like Sonic The Hedgehog/Blanka and rolling from Point A to Point B.
    • Like x 1
  8. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

So you didn't see nor understood the video?
    Tunneling, Teleport, Swinging are unique and have no equivalent in DCUO.
    The different flight modes have different (max.) speeds, maneuverability and hover capabilities and of course looks/cosmetics.
    Same goes for the different "Jumps".

Here are the Travel powers in a nutshell, again:
    (Found it on wikia)

• Flight - The standard for comparison.
    • Superspeed - Fastest travel power; restricted to ground movement.
    • Teleportation - Only inertia-free travel power; requires constant reactivation.
    • Swinging - Least precise, most engaging; requires constant reactivation.
    • Jet Boots - Fastest flight; slowest acceleration, no jetpack option.
    • Earth Flight - Flight, but with a chunk of whatever you were standing on.
    • Super Jump - Slow walking, fast and high jumping; can't reach all rooftops.
    • Acrobatics - Run fast, jump high; not as fast or as high as Super Speed or Super Jump.
    • Ice Slide - Faster and harder to corner than flight; sinks downwards.
    • Tunneling - Avoid enemies - and lofty places.
    • Hover Disk - Fast, flying, color options; no shape options, worst cornering.

I would love to see some or all in DCUO.
    Or even more :D
    AND I would pay extra for them.
  9. PrinceOfNsanity New Player

We should just have special auras based on our powers for every movement speed. Super speed leaves a trail of fire if you use Fire AM, spores fly off of you with flight/acrobatic rocket glide if you use Nature, Electricity sparks off of your hoverboard (SUPERHEERROOOO STATIC SHOCK YEAH) etc.
  10. bagofboom Committed Player

Meh.
    Swinging....YES. I'd support this with my wallet. There is a villain in the DC Universe that has "Spider" abilities (Comic Gods please forgive me for not knowing), I've seen him most recently in season 1 or 2 of Young Justice so the history is there.
    Aside from that anything they could add would just seem like variants of what we already have. Yes, even Teleportation. Especially if done like that video, and I know of no other way to implement it.
    Would it be cool if they had more? Yes. Would it be better to fix what needs fixing first? Bigger yes!!
  11. Joybird Committed Player

I absolutely loved Super Jump in CoH. I'd love to see it recreated here.
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Because daybreak does not care about us, lol and they are making money regardless, so not in this lifetime for dc.
  13. Rekn Well-Known Player

Yea Teleporting and Super Jump!!!!!

The thing with teleporting in City of H/V games is you had to get hover from flight to make it more effective but teleporting was a blast. Most everything else in that list that was posted could be a variation of what already exists with flight/hover discs/super speed.
  14. Shadow Force Committed Player

Well Mepps did say more movements are not out of the question when i asked though didn't say he had any new about that though.
  15. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I would like a revamp of our current acrobatics movement. The run is fine but I'd like the jump (Space bar) to be replaced with a KONG VAULT like this
    [IMG]
    The animation is already in game with Cheetah's Feral Lunge.
    [IMG]

Tapping space bar 2x gives you a front filp which is great the way it is.
    However RAG (Rocket Assisted glide) and glide in general should look more like this
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    As you can see the feet are together and the wings if your character wears wings are uniform instead of lop-sided.
    This is also already in the game because it is the front flip (Space Bar 2X) about midway through the animation. Not only does it look better IMO but also it would make for a smoother transition. The way ACROBATIC GLIDE banks slower, rises and falls and it's inability to hover are fine. After all it's not flight, it's gliding!
    No, Not looking for a different kind of FLIGHT.
    Well no I take that back...
    [IMG]
    Yeah that looks HOT!
    [IMG]

Having both hands forward during flight has been a dream of mine for DCUO. No other game has done this that I've seen and again the animation is already in game!
    [IMG]
    This is a quick shot of SWOOP ATTACK from the flight powers tree. Would be cool.
  16. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Villan? Not sure but I do know that Nightwing is good for swinging for sure!

[IMG]
    And of course he is and excellent acrobat too.