More important than gaming...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by melvinpox, May 15, 2013.

1. melvinpox Devoted Player

Leaving work yesterday...found a 70 year old woman wandering in the gutter alongside of the road. Stopped to pick her up. She was disoriented. Eventually got her to her family after a long ordeal which I won't bore you with.

Just wanted to say...

there are more important things than gaming.
    • Like x 8
  2. Mad9 New Player

Good work.
  3. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Thanks for bringing my Mom home Melvin. :p I was supposed to pick her up but I couldnt stop playing these T5 alerts.

serious though...that was very nice of you sonny
  4. melvinpox Devoted Player

I realize I probably could have worded my post better. I honestly didn't want any accolades or pats on the back or whatever. I just wanted people to stop and think and realize that there is a real world that we live in...with real people. And that's a world that we CAN make a difference in.

Oh we won't get a vault drop or anything as cool as a fake piece of armor that only exists in cyberspace...but the rewards are infinitely greater.
    • Like x 1
  5. razor Red New Player

I punched a guy off the roof then I realized I need to cut my dcuo time down some. But you did a good thing you deserve a Pat on the back even if not asked.
  6. Battle Man Committed Player

Ah, life.
    Something always comes along to put it in perspective from time to time, ya know?

For me and my wife this week, it was having to lose one of our cats, Loki. It was unexpected and very painful.
    And I tell you brother, looking at life through the eyes of hearbreaking pain will make you stop and think.
    We love and miss him terribly.

So thanks for sharing something with a happy ending.
    I needed that.
    • Like x 2
  7. Bastid New Player

I would of left her. Got better things to do than saving some old woman whose time has already passed.

Lol. But then again... I am just a bastid.
  8. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

One more sad aspect of these forums... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Grow up!
    That really isn't funny and what if that was a relative of yours? Would you still act like a smart a__? (doubt it, but, maybe judging your response!)

OP, good Carma can go along way my friend!

+1 too you, good sir!
  9. TheRealDeathern New Player

So you are a hero after all!!!! Seriously, we could all do a better job of being a hero's in our environment. At times, it seems that it's the opposite of this game, and villians out number heros 10 to 1 in the reald world, it's nice to know that hero's do exist. Good job man.
  10. TormentorX Well-Known Player

Nice job! Just think of how many people not willing to help just passed her by. Doing the right thing is a forgotten past-time, Good for you to bring it around!
  11. Deathmike Devoted Player

I agree with the message.
    I would also like to add that, even when gaming, people could try to be nicer, more relaxed and remember that a game is a game and all you can get out of it is to have fun.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 3
  12. TormentorX Well-Known Player

Well put sir!
    • Like x 1
  13. melvinpox Devoted Player

I want to commend you for your honesty. I am sure you are not alone in this. Most people wouldn't have the guts to admit it. However, I do hope your mom, sister, daughter, etc is never in this position...or if they are, I pray a good Samaritan will be in the area to offer assistance.
    I wish you the best.
  14. Dolfo Dedicated Player

So true if only more of us thought like that.
  15. Bastid New Player

You take this way to serious. This is sarcasm, and if you dont get it then its time to take a break.

And also if it was a relative mine, I probably would of pushed them into traffic to add to their confusion.
  16. melvinpox Devoted Player

I think the problem is that some things can be joked about and then others should just be off limits. It's like making a joke about **** or suicide. Or slavery. Or the holocost. That's just not funny.
    I think you should have probably anticipated this type of backlash.
  17. Deathmark New Player

Sorry i'm still not convinced there are more important things to life than gaming.
  18. melvinpox Devoted Player

sigh
  19. Deathmark New Player

Oh look guys, an idiot.

You can tell because they cannot spell. Also, because their sense of humor is terrible.
  20. melvinpox Devoted Player

See I can't even post the word ****.