More Big Gun powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IIThe QuestionII, Mar 4, 2016.

1. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

So, this idea came after this last couple of missions where BigGun has been (to me) a really valuable tool when helping a raid's progress.

From taking down turrets, orbs and droids to shaving the amount of adds gathering at bosses, and even taking down that stray add that goes chasing after a teammate.

I know some people use them exclusively to pad their DPS numbers, but the truth is, it IS a valuable tool.

My proposal, idea, thought, or whatever you wish to call it is:

Wouldn't it be good if more powers had a BigGun type of SC?

Before i get burned by this, i'm munitions myself, but i really don't care about being top in the scoreboard as much as i care for actually completing stuff (No point having 999,999,999 score if you will disband anyway) , and BigGun, when properly used, can really turn tides in a raid. (Think of how it can take down the annoying Dr.Light's drone and make the fight so much smoother).
    So i really think groups would greatly benefit from more powers being able to completely obliterate stuff every now and then.
    Anyway, what do you guys think?
    • Like x 4
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I think all DPS supercharges should do this, it would make them actually viable.
    • Like x 5
  3. TestReporter Loyal Player

I think neither biggun or any SC should one shot adds, it kinda ignores some mechanics in raids/alerts, for me Ice Elemental and Grand Summoning are at the acceptable level of a SC.
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

On the contrary, I too believe they all should one shot and/or heavily damage trash mobs, after all it's a charged power, the kamehameha of a hero/villian if you will. So i find it just wrong that some SCs barely do more than a normal AM attack.

Maybe another acceptable variant would be to have them deal 50% damage of their current HP, so regarless of the HP the trash mob may have, it will damage half of that life.

The point would be to make SCs feel like an actual supercharged power, not a slightly better punch.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

I think biggun was a huge mistake. It should never have been put in the game and we don't need anymore trash like this.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I'm all for this! It feels weird having not having a supercharge on my DPS tray.
    • Like x 2
  7. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Care to explain why you feel its trash?
  8. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Do I think SC should be one shots no. They are supercharges not finishing moves....you'll have everyone DPSing or having their SC as a one hit kill. So no to that....If Big gun is the one SC that is really causing a lot of damage, then bringing attention to it is needed and that SC should be brought in line with the other SC really...is that what this thread really want?
  9. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Smart way to turn things around! (not really) "What this thread really want" Is written there in plain english.

The fact that many dps get their scoreboard egos/feelings hurt by BG is comepletely their problem, but supercharges should be more useful than just a slightly stronger hit. As someone said above, some powers have supercharges that are not even worthy of a place in the loadout. Trash mobs are not important to the mission, so having powers that take them out fast doesn't really seem bad to me.

If the scoreaboard hurts feelings that much, make it so that whatever they kill with SC does not count for the scoreaboard.
    But i do believe powers called "supercharge" and that require you to gather a separated powerbar and that takes about 50% of said bar, should be more useful than your normal powers.

To this day, i have yet to hear any good explanation on why BG is bad other than "it be trash because i be top dps but then im not so my feelings are hurt :( "
    • Like x 3
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

I'd love for Supercharges to mean something again. Maybe with the #statsmatter this could be looked into?
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Id love celestial to have one big burst power for a super charge.
    • Like x 2
  12. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Yeah, it's kind of my point, supercharges should be worth it, like "Things are getting tough! Time to use THE Supercharge!"
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Lol so you want healers and trolls to be about to one shot things as well as lower DPS to one shot things?
    Like I said if Big Guns is doing that much more damage than the other SC then maybe by making a thread about it you will have the Dev's look into that hence them making a nerf...I tried to hint at that.

now as for the scoreboard couldn't care less if it was here or not wouldn't change anything just make it easier to place blame on people without evidence, like CR then there will be that. And I think its on the forums where the scoreboard is mentioned as being used negative. I've only hear about how people miss use it on here.

They wouldn't be Super Charge's anymore like I said they would be finishers. And if that's the case how will the work on Bosses? Can everyone in all roles use them? How many times can they be used in an instance? If someone 10-20 CR below the minimal can one shot then what is the point of gearing up? Do they charge normally? If so what is stopping people from saving them and everyone using them on bosses? Whats stopping people from running 8-0-0-0?

Those things will come up and it could hurt the game way more than what a few people think the scoreboard actually did...Like I said no to this one though becasue there could be more harm than good. And will lead to unbalance. The scoreboard so far hasn't done that well not that I know of anyway.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Seriously, do people actually know that Biggun only works on the really weak enemies? Bosses and the super adds that actually counter and stun are immune and just take about 40k on crit.
    • Like x 1
  15. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

I'll be honest with you I have no clue what it can do I do have like a CR 50 Munition but I hate that "power". My comments where more for what was said about 1 shots there no way that will happen. and if Big Guns SC was that strong as describe then people would either want it nerf or the other SC buff to match it.
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

As you can see, BG isnt as unbalanced as the score cries make it look, the unbalanced thing they see is that it "pads" numbers, thus severely crippling their ego, as i mentioned above, when not used to pad numbers, it is a really useful tool, it wouldnt really hurt to have more useful SCs and if the crying is too loud, they dont even need to count towards dps score. again, i've yet to hear a compelling argument against BG that cant be summarized as: It hurts my dps score.
  17. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Oh but they do mean something..just not the DPS ones well most of the DPS ones don't mean nothing....the other roles have more meaning to them I think.
    • Like x 1
  18. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

^ And this, summarizes basically every BG hater out there, no knowledge of the actual workings but feels it is a direct afront to their dps score.
    • Like x 3
  19. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Lol my point was about Big Gun itself....
  20. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Lol not hating on BG if you had said Mental or Atomic or any power I would have said the samething...lol