Fixed Missing leagues....

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Emoney, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Ensabahnur New Player

League Halls didn't exist until GU39 2014. so no one has had one for 10 years. 9.5 at the longest. and to be honest this has happened once before with all restorations made intact (fortunately I wasn't affected at that time). I've been with my League Nubians for 4002days so I get the frustrations, I'm certain Daybreak/EG7 will make this right but if not, people will leave on the strength of losing all their hard work to a software issue.
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

My characters in an account with a paid membership (lifetime) have leagues. The characters in non-member (currently) accounts have had their league disappear and can no longer be invited. All the characters are still on the rosters, but that's it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Who said they had a league hall that long?
  4. Ensabahnur New Player

"Gemini Warzone" post from earlier and I didn't take your post to read that you had a Legue Hall since 2011, There is also another thread where some players are claiming to have had a League Hall for a decade (10 Years) which isn't possible, bottom line as frustrating as this situation is, don't do anything drastic I'm certain it will be corrected even if they have to roll back the server to a checkpoint which is possible on Unreal Engine 3.
  5. myandria Item Storage

For a disband, yes. A disband would mean that you are fully shutting down your league. Purging means that you are kicking out your league members. You can re-invite them later on. It is just a way of ensuring that the league owner is also the league leader and it is a fix that can be done right now. I've just went through this with a league one my alt is in and it worked.

Purging league members who have become inactive for a long time regularly is a healthy way of keeping your roster up to date and active (unless the inactivity has a valid reason and the league leader doesn't mind).
    • Like x 1
  6. Gemini Warzone Well-Known Player

Nothing in my post about about the league hall. All I mentioned is that the league was formed nearly 11 years ago.

I did manage to create a case with DB, shortly after my post and received a response in the venting yesterday. Wasn’t very helpful, just a long winded “looking into it” and acknowledgement that it’s something which is affecting other players.

Definitely frustrating, with it happening on a weekend even more so with the back end staff probably off, so that’s not fair to them either.

Hopefully this is fixed at some point soon.
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Ok thanks! I hope this gets fixed soon. I have had an inbox full of upset members who think they got unjustly kicked from the league when they were not.
  8. myandria Item Storage

Understood; that seems to be the song of the weekend.
    • Like x 1
  9. Gemini Warzone Well-Known Player

Just logged in and the league is back.

Checked through and everything seems to be in order.

Uncertain if this was a fix for all.
  10. myandria Item Storage

I don't think so; some leagues are still leaderless, some players have alts that are not in leagues at this point, and some league owners' league rosters are completely empty.
  11. Wanning Comet Committed Player

As far as I know, it's fixed for everyone that just waited it out for the hotfix that went live Sunday at restart. If people tried to fix it themselves by leaving the league or getting kicked from the league to be reinvited, then those characters are now broken and can't join leagues and are still out of their league. Those people will probably have to contact customer service as CS might have to manually fix the issue per character.
    • Like x 3
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Well, that didnt happen for some of my characters and I waited it out for them; they are still without a league. I think, at this point, it is best to wait until Mepps pops in with an official "it's fixed/we're working on it" response. Otherwise, we are just guessing based on our own individual experiences.
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Happened to me and my league on the weekend but the problem fixed itself it looks like. Or Devs found what was wrong. Cheers
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Do we know if this is officially resolved?
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are still confirming what needs resolved and making sure we catch everything.
    • Like x 3
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

All 3 of my characters were out of leagues over the weekend, but were back in leagues yesterday. Hopefully they know what caused it.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Asking my league if everyone got back in. I was in yesterday, just fine. Most of the members that I "knew" had the bug appeared to be back in. I'll wait and see if anyone is still bugged. I made sure to let them know not to try to leave or join other leagues until this was resolved.
    • Like x 1
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

That's a bizarre part of this...in my league I was one of 4 people that had this bug. My league leader kicked and reinvited the others and it fixed them. They kicked me, but I didn't get the invite back because I had invites turned off, and I had logged out that day before I even knew they were attempting that. Now my main is still glitched. I don't show up in their league list anymore, my league management tab says I'm not in a league, gives me the option to create a league, but if I try to create one it says I'm in a league. If anyone tries to invite me, it says I'm in a league.

On Saturday 13 of my 15 characters, including my main, were out of leagues. All of them were restored on Sunday, except for my main. I'm thinking there's a issue specific to my main character now....and that's the only character I need my league for, since he's setup for elite plus content.

This whole thing makes me not want to play anymore. I've tried to reach out to Mepps, and I submitted a ticket. The response I got emailed to me makes it sound like it's just another non priority bug, and I've seen bugs go on for years on this game and never get fixed. I won't accept that in this circumstance, I've put WAY too much into my main character. If this was an alt, I could get over it. The fact that this bug was resolved for most people on Sunday, but only a few of us still have issues lowers my confidence that this is even being addressed right now.
    • Like x 1
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

Also, I may sound impatient or not understanding...

But my point of view is...
    This wasn't caused by new coding, it wasn't a game update, or new dlc, which I know stuff can happen unintentionally...
    No, this was a routine server reset that caused this. So it dumbfounded me that we will be going on five days and it still seems the devs don't even know what happened. When I get an email that says there's no ETA, we're looking into it, and watch the forums....it doesn't really instill confidence, nor does it make me feel like they are addressing me as a customer personally. Just go to the forums and wait, is not customer service in my opinion. Other game developers would log into the game and set me right, but this one all we get is, we're looking into it. Just go watch the forums like everyone else.
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

Thank you to GM Dunbar for logging in and fixing me up, I appreciate that. I retract my last post lol. ;)