Missing Character Presets in Character Creation?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

I can't find some of the templates I think we had before. Listing the ones I noticed.
    - Quantum Villain (Major Force)
    - Celestial Villain (Eclipso)
    - Electricity Villain (Livewire)

We used to have them before. But not anymore. Any reason why?
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Could be that..... nobody ever used them before??
    or not enough people used them???

So no point keeping something people were not using??

That would be my guess. ;)

But only Mepps really knows.... and the Shadow.... of course. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

i thought something seemed off when i was watching vids of the new character creation but couldnt figure it out

will drop this here too, just level'd a toon up, and augments/artifacts tab still say to get to lvl 20 to unlock, but its actually 23 now it seems.

seems like they still need to polish the 1-30 experience
  4. Prindacerk Committed Player

But LiveWire and Eclipso looked cool before. I just wonder if the styles were not compatible with the new designs they used for the other characters.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Cool or not... if people were not using them..... I could see why they would not be included.

Also.... they are characters with paid powers.
    And they are Villains...... more people play Heroes.

So I could see how not many people maybe were paying to use Celestial??....
    and even less would pay to play a Celestial EEViLLL Villains???

But sure.... it could be designs not compatible somehow.

Until we get some sort of official reply...
    All we can do is speculate. ;) :)
  6. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

It always struck me as off that they had a cold villain template (Mr. Freeze) but no cold hero template.
    Of course there are very few male cold-powered heroes in the DCU! There are cold powered heroines!
    Ice, Glacier (formerly Icemaiden), Frost (formerly Killer Frost…and they could have used her as a template instead of Mrs Freeze) but not many male cold-powered heroes. If you want to be super obscure, there’s Frostbite from Young Heroes in Love, and occasionally there’s Captain Cold going down the road on the side of the angels.
    which is probably why it was easier to do the female cold template as Mrs. Freeze rather than referencing established female cold characters (for good or evil) and having to do a male counter-part.
    setting all that aside I wonder why Green Arrow and Sgt. Rock Templates got bumped off the startup roster.
    Granted, Archery is more of a skill/fighting style rather than a power set. While Munitions is an actual power set as well as a fighting/weapon style (or two!)
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did they re-write history???
    I had to look it up because at first I thought you made a mistake with IceMaiden.

Ice started as Ice Maiden... but now... she was only Ice and IceMaiden is someone else??

Fire and Ice started as Green Flame and Ice Maiden in the Global Guardians.

For a second I thought this was the Mandella Effect.... but I checked to be sure... Ice is called Ice Maiden in JLI #12.

Turns out there was a retconn?? Where Icemaiden was first.... then replaced by Ice??

Comics are weird. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Prindacerk Committed Player

Isn't Superman Ice hero?
  9. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The original Icemaiden debuted in Super Friends and had blue skin and went on to be part of the Global Guardians alongside Green Fury (later called Green Flame and then Fire)
    when Who’s Who came out, Icemaiden was listed not as a single character but as part of the global guardians entry. Her name was given as Sigrid Nansen.
    When Kieth Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis took Icemaiden and Green Flame into the JLI they had no idea that Icemaiden was already named so they gave her the name Tora Olafsdotter and presented her Origin in Secret Origins… (I’m blanking on the number!)
    Then they shortened their names to Fire and Ice and Sigrid didn’t appear again until after Tora was killed in the Justice League titles crossover storyline: Day of Judgement.
    Shortly after Zero Hour, Sigrid resurfaced and joined the Justice League under Wonder Woman’s leadership.
    Icemaiden stayed with the team until the beginning of the Morrison era JLA when she was injured in an attack by White Martians posing as Superheroes called the hyper clan.

Eventually, Tora was resurrected in the pages of Birds of Prey but her origin was horribly retconned by Judd Winnick as a byproduct of hysterical amnesia! (Total BS and in the recent Fire and Ice miniseries, they are happily ignoring it.
    I think one of the various DC specials over the last year or two has returned Sigrid to the DC Universe after various sufferings and she has taken the name Glacier
    • Like x 1