Might stick with ice tanking for a while

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gam3r4Lif3, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Currently have 160 manacle, mystic and Everyman prototype as well as 200 EoG (which I thought about feeding into either Laz or Clarion on the next double)

I have 2 routes im thinking:
    1) Keep 200 EoG and get manacles to 200 and get 200 laz pit. Run that with pheromone bloom to help with Laz res

Or

2) Manacles, Mystic and Clarion

What do y’all think? And what do ice tanks usually run?
  2. TheEnquirer Active Player

I have everything but Lazarus Pit. Great if you get KO'ed often, not so much if you want to avoid it. People do mention how amazing it is for Elite Plus and SM. Clarion is a shield artifact, so it will complement your build and it helps support team survivability. Both allow you to play a little more freely and aggressively.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ice the power I have the least amount of experience (tanking wise) so maybe things have shifted since I last ice tanked but generally speaking the 4 best tank arts are symbols, manacles, Everyman, and laz pit.

A typical ice tank loadout will include:

Adds:
    Inescapable storm (pull)
    Reflect
    Hard light shield
    Winter ward
    Resonating gale
    Flex slot.

Flex slot usually depending on the situation.
    Shatter restraint: extra shield
    Frost slam: extra CC
    SC shield:

While for ST bosses they’d replace resonating gale for shatter restraint and the flex slot being a sc shield, Amazon deflection, or frost snipe if you are 2 tanking and need to have a priority taunt.

If you have superman then you’d also want to have shatter restraint because it’s how you give the group a shield. Not to mention turning shatter restraint to a slightly better shield.

Regarding the clarion, you’ll have to pay attention to shield rotation since it doesn’t stack with HLS so you will essentially waste the art slot if you keep overriding your own shield. Not to mention your clarion shield not stacking with standard healer shields (same as HLS).

With that said, I wouldn’t recommend feeding arts outside of double nth. I wouldn’t be in a rush to level any arts if you already have 3 arts you can slot in. I’d also wait for an experienced tank to give a better recommendation but in general I’d say you have these:

Adds: manacles, laz, symbols
    Boss: manacles, laz, Everyman

Or if you want to use EoG: manacles laz, EoG.

I personally think having the double safety net if manacles and laz to be hard to give up. Especially if you don’t run with the best groups (generally speaking).
    • Like x 1
  4. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

This is my alt toon, so my Allies are on a budget lol. Only leveling them if I have them from opening TC’s or if they are cheap. Im running a lvl 6 nubia in combat and calc passive 1 and lex (at level 7)

But thank you for loadout advice and I think I’m going to try Manacles, Laz and EoG build. Worst case scenario I have Everyman and mystic at 160 too
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You could also try calc bots passive as it will give you a small heal if hit. (Been a while since I tried that one. But it’s a rare so doesn’t hurt to try lol)
  6. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I run Manacles, Symbol, Clarion for my hallway / group tank. Since I’m that scenario I’m usually doing a weapon combo to juggle between Resonating Gale and shield powers, it effectively makes my weapon buff power into yet another shield.

I usually swap Clarion for EOG or Laz Pit in boss fights, since I tend to spend more time trying to kite / pull in those so I prefer to have a straight shield power in that weapon buff slot when I can’t be sure I’ll have weapon taps.

I’ve been skipping Everyman in lieu of Clarion / EOG because Ice has no innate heals so I like something in that third slot that can give a heal bump. Because Ice is a shield tank, Ideally your health doesn’t yo-yo the way heal tanks do. That makes Everyman more of an “oh $%#” artifact for when all your shields are melted — and I think Laz Pit fills that role better, personally.
  7. Zargon7 New Player

I got Mangles, Circles Mask & Mystic. (I also use lasso for big pulls in the halls) EOG is still fine to use when running things with no healer with a suoercharge. I have death metal solo as combat ally for the debuff. Queen Diana is also good when trying to contain a lot of ads. I also have superman and Lex for support. I recommend Lex for any tank it goes a long way. I never used Clarion but have thought of adding it.
  8. Zargon7 New Player

Cal is still good to use. The small heal along with a EOG is a nice combination. I've seen some tanks use batman who laughs in support. Not sure how far that goes.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s because BWL is an all around ally that can be used for all roles. For a tank you get the beneficial primary stat boost as well as the health boost.
  10. Zargon7 New Player

All this time knowing you. Didn't realize you had a YouTube.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I don’t even use it anymore lol. I never liked showing loadouts and rotations to begin with since metas change all the time. I only posted them for friends and league’s initially but was talked into making them public lol