Might builds, Prec builds, Hybrid Builds & Generators in bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by wisetoons, Aug 20, 2020.

1. wisetoons Well-Known Player

You misunderstood everything or i am failed on explaining it. I am talking about generators tied to a character. I request seperate generators for each base i own so i can imprint my role builds actively. Suppose that i own 4 bases. I will install Prec dps elite affinity mods into my BASE 1, I will install Might dps elite affinity mods into my BASE 2, I will install troll affinity mods to my BASE 3, i will think about what will i install on my BASE 4. I will spec as prec dps and use my BASE 1 generator on related armories. I will spec as might dps and use my BASE 2 generator on related armories. I will spec as troll and use my BASE 3 generator on related armories. So my armories will be usefull. Currently i am forced troll elite raid with prec dps elite affinities and i am not going to install new mods for trolling or might dpsing.
    • Like x 1
  2. wisetoons Well-Known Player

We already purchased armories, we already purchased seals for artifacts, and i am happy with that, great games costs, i am good with that i don't need to go out a lot to spend my cash, i feel dcuo is good to spend, do you know how many months and seals it took to get my dps artifacts to rank200 and my troll artifacts to rank160. purchasing additional base won't hurt me or most players who wants to use their gear and artifacts effectively.
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

youre right, didnt read that carfully enough.
  4. wisetoons Well-Known Player

You keep misunderstanding or i keep failing to explain. first of all you don't need to do anything just stick to your current generator in your single base or your additional bases. Each generator in your bases will be flexible to be installed by different elite affinity mods, which will allow us to use our roles or dps builds active. for example prec dps elite affinity mods installed on BASE1. might dps elite affinity mods installed on BASE2, troll Elite affinity mods installed in BASE3, battle troll elite affinity mods installed in BASE4. you can do it as tank or as heal or as hybrid dps or any BUT you do not need to do it if you don't want, just stick to your current generator. My topic is mostly about high end players who are running latest raids and want to be more effective on their roles.
  5. wisetoons Well-Known Player

By addition new elite weapon, elite rings and elite necklace into game, now 4 pieces of elite gear are attainable by all players above cr299.
    If i choose troll elite affinities in my single generator, why will i buy elite dps stuff?
    Without having additional generators we are not utilizing our armories effectively. When trolling elite raid with dps elite affinities installed in your generator is not cool, you just lose 2% vitalization for not having troll elite affinity mods installed. Or dpsing elite raid with troll elite affinities is not cool as well, you just lose 2% might or 2% precision depends of the the type of dps elite affinity mods installed.
    You mostly know what 2% is. It is boost difference between rank120 and rank200 artifacts. Not a joke xd.
    Armories introduced years ago and that was great so we mostly purchased several armories to use. and we used
    Elite affiniy mods introduced and that was great as well and we bought them with source marks.
    Now 4 elite pieces are there and easily attainable by all players above cr299. now all we need as a final step of armory customization is having seperate generators in our owned bases. I know it may force people to buy additional bases if they want to play their loadouts/roles/builds actively but come on we all know how much it costs a rank200 artifact.
    Currently we can not inspect other players elite affinity mods, if it happens then i wonder what happens in elite raids, Full elite geared healers may be kicked from zeus fight because of having dps elite affinity mods installed. or vice versa. Just consider it guys.
    As i note i noticed that when i tried to make a might build, i bought new might head augments, specced might, but nooo my elite afifinities are prec boosts. no way. ı am stuck there. ı cant play with 2% might and i can't keep changing my elite affinity mods for my armories each time i switched my armory. Not a joke yeah.
  6. Kestral Committed Player

Some people are willing to spend the money to do this. I have 4 bases personally because I like decorating them along with various other extras. But I don't see the benefit in this type of UI change that would force all players to buy multiple bases. A better suggestion would be to tie these generator mods to the armories themselves instead of the base.
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

No one wouod be forced to buy anything.
    Why do so many ppl react to a suggesting about something in addition to what we have with “then i would be forced”. Where is the gun? Who is threatening u?
    Now you could CHOOSE to or not to buy a 2nd generator. But i assure you that its not a rule or in the TOS that you have to.

That said, i read through alot of this an i feel like there is a very very basic aspect to this the “nay sayers” are overlooking.

Im a might dps, thus i have all elite might mods.
    Perhaps i have an extra armory an have a precision loadout rdy to go fully spec’d an rdy to use. Now, currently, no one is forcing me to get dif mods (lets be super clear there). But if i CHOOSE to use the prec loadout i have to either go get more mods (and loose the ones i had in there) OR i have to just use the orec loadout w/might mods.

What i believe is being suggested as i read it anyway is a 2nd generator option so i could fully Spec might In one an prec in another (as an example). New elite mods cost 150 aether each, thats 600 total to swap in 4 of them. 600 aether takes roughly what, 8-9 hrs of farming spam phases to get?
    This suggestion alleviates all this as we couod then save multiple specs to armories (generator included so the proper mods were used with the proper loadout).

I cant stress enough that no one would be forcing you to use or buy a 2nd generator but it would be an option if you CHOOSE to

(Caps cause the Word “choose” is important. Too many ppl act an speaka s if theres no choice. Theres always a choice)
    • Like x 2
  8. myandria Item Storage

I humbly disagree; I think I understand perfectly.

I still agree with Brit; this is just too much work. It is much faster and cheaper to just switch to the toon that has the build you want to use. Again, what is the point of having these choices when you cannot work on your armories/generator remotely via a bot? Even the mainframe bot only lets you power up your generator, not slot any mods. So, you would still have to port back and forth to EACH BASE to make any changes you need to, especially with Armories if you gain sp and acquire higher level gear. I still see a problem with your suggestion working with role gear and artifacts; I still think it will cause more issues, as you have not elaborated on how your idea would enhance their use/effectiveness. What about new gear that we get with every episode? Players would STILL have to go back to their armories in EACH BASE to update their new gear and loadouts, as we usually get new artifacts as well. Too much work for a small QoL adjustment in my opinion.

Just focusing on the affinity mods is not good enough; ALL generator mods would have to be included as many players who do not have high end characters would want it and that alone would better convince the devs to consider it, instead of just focusing on the small amount of "high end" players.

If each base has a separate generator, the cost of upkeep would increase because players would have to upkeep each one separately, even if they are account bound. The devs would make sure that players pay for that type of convenience, one way or another.

Again, I still think that your idea would work better if gear was role agnostic (that is, no role gear). Then it would make more sense to have ways of accessing every build possible easily and quickly.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

wouldnt it just be easier if they combined might and prec as well as health and power? i dont know if that would help affinity or not(i dont run elites myself) but it just seems like that would solve some issues....
    • Like x 1
  10. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I wouldn't really say that is worth having two or more bases for though. At best that's just a minor 'passive' bonus. If someone has dropped cash to get an additional base (guilty) there should be something a bit more noticeable or useful as a reason to own them. There used to be more of a reason to own 2 bases when you could only place 4 armories in a base, but now you can have up to 8 in one, it kind of renders the need for additional bases irrelevant, and lets be honest, who really needs more than 8 armories? I have 10 and it's too many! I use maybe 3-4 at most, and I can only equip 4 at any time anyway, so the other 6 are basically just decorations in my base.

Ideally, what they should have done from the start would have been something like - if you place an amenity in one base, you can't place it again in a second base, meaning you'd have to 'spec' each base differently - one base for RnD/Mail/Bank/Broker, and a second for 'training' - Sparring Targets/Re-Spec/Repairs, for example. Now, of course, you can choose to do that anyway, and I think it's way too late to force that change upon us, but it would have been a reason to own more than one. (my bases are basically set up identically, amenity-wise)

Thinking about it, owning a second base should allow you to equip 4 more armory builds, so you could choose from 8 on the fly. Buy a third base? That's another 4 you can equip, up to 12. That would definitely make it worthwhile to have multiple bases set up.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They would need to figure out how to set up additional armory changes for a console controller. I have 16 armories on one character.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because Armories wasn't a thing in this game till years later. And what people are asking for in this thread sounds convoluted from a programming standpoint (because of how this is system is unfortunately built).
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Gen mods were introduced with GU38, armories with GU33 and this has nothing to do with armories. What is being asked is literaly a switch, if it is toggled on, you get might stats, if it's not, you get prec stats, for example.
    • Like x 1
  14. wisetoons Well-Known Player

All i suggest is very simple, just allow us to have seperate generator for each base we own.
    No one need to use this option if they don't want to.
    This option also will allow healers, trolls, tanks to have their role elite affinities and dps elite affinities,
    so they do not need to choose either their role elite affinities or dps elite affinities,
    also more flexibility will be there on what kind of dps builds they play.
    I will effectively use it if it happens.
    Also i am sure people will purchase additional bases for to play their roles effectively.
    That is an idea where all wins. Daybreak will win and players will win.
    And to the devs, i can say that noone buying elite affinity mods when they switch their roles daily, we just choose it, buy it from tech wing vendor, and install it, and live with that. We are not spending our source marks daily to change our elite affiniy mods.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

I think this is a good idea.

It seems to me that restricting players to 4 elite affinity mods was designed around the limitations of having one set of generator slots, and the system could use an overhaul to allow for the fact that so many players take both roles seriously. There have been some really good moves over the last few years to build variety and choice and to offer us different play styles and this idea would seem a good fit with developing more options for players.

It could sit alongside moving tactical mods out of gear and into an inventory tab, in the same way R&D mods were moved there with the implementation of the augment system.
    • Like x 1
  16. wisetoons Well-Known Player

This will make it perfect, like a post;

Game Update XXX:

- All bases now will have their own generators, armories placed in a base will benefit from the generator of that base.
    - This will allow players to make build specific armories with required elite affinity mods and other mods installed in the generator in their bases
    - from xx.xx.xxxx to xx.xx.xxxx, additional base prices are on 40% discount.

I promise i will purchase 2 more bases to make my prec dps, might dps, regular troll, battle troll builds within the required elite affinit mods. Xdd
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's simple, they dont like the idea so they respond with 'oh I'd becforce to do x then' that's happened for now 10 years
    • Like x 1
  18. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Got an optimistic feeling as usual.
    No green names comment about this topic yet, but i think they are making preperations about this topic now. As well as this will be the final step for armory customization which we players are deserved for.
    • Like x 1
  19. Goyim New Player

A dev post would be nice to see here - at the moment, the affinity mods shares across your builds, and if you play duo roles, you are forced to either use all 4 spots for one role, or cripple it by going 2 for each role.
    By having your generator reset per armory, or per base would be nice so you fully use it as you want to , instead of going hybrid , aka half for each role.
  20. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Of course they do that. If they allowed us to do what you're asking, then they may as well allow us to make artifacts account bound instead of character bound. It's all about the bottom line... money.

If they allowed us to spec for multiple roles simultaneously in our base generators people wouldn't have the need to create alts anymore. And I know a lot of players that spend good money on their alts. (replay badges for feats, artifacts, seals, catalysts, perfected exobytes, etc...)

One player in my league has one alt for each role, each with CR at at least 319, SP over 400 and arts at 160+, with most at 200. Alts like that do not come cheap.

It's never going to happen.