Might based earth dps?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Calditil, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Calditil New Player

Hi all im currently working on a earth toon and i see alot of people are precision based earth players.I wanna try a might based one and see how it works i was curious to know some loadouts people are using right now.I am super speed so im probly gonna use whirling dervish as part of loadout,sandblast, crystal golem.I am unsure on the rest though.

Also another question i have is whats a good dps super charge for earth i havent really tried one but i was curious see what others be using.Thanks to all that post.
  2. Pew New Player

Balanced is always the way to go for all powersets (HL can have a slight advantage with certain playstyles in precision, but it's minor) .
  3. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I prefer balanced but Might-based is good. Try Debris Field too, plus you need either Tectonic Break or Rumblecrush to go along with it (Tectonic is easier to set up though).
  4. Spidersting Committed Player

If you are doing a might based earth dps you want to use the dot power interactions it has from crushed effects. I have done this before and it works fairly well you just need to keep things crushed to stack dots.

You can even make it easier and use the consumable stuff that gives the crushed effect as well.

So you could use Rumblecrush, debris field, shards, striking stones, sandblast, whirling dervish (since you said you were taking this)

Basicly keep stuff crush and hit them with debris field, shards and striking stones, all 3 will add an additional dot to crushed targets in addition to the dmg they do.

It takes some getting used to but targeting correctly with striking stones is key because each target the stone comes in contact with will do dmg and dot the target if they are crushed even if it wasn't the main target you casted it on. It is a very fun way to play and it was how i first speced my earth dps when it first released. Is it the most effective probably not but i haven't tryed the spec out in a while or with the crushed effect nades so it could be more effective potentially with those nades.
  5. AIpha New Player

Guide in my dog goes over might based earth dpsing. Everyone is right in telling you the crushed effect is for might. Try rumblecrush-reinforce-debris field-shards-sand blast-whirling dervish. If you don't want whirling dervosh use totem and clip the animation with reinforce.
  6. Sytenia Committed Player

Tectonic Break gets everything in a quite large radius around you dazed.
    You can then put up Debris Field which does a bit of extra damage bacause of that, Localized Tremor makes for a good fast AOE clip that also gets an extra tick of damage on dazed enemies.
    Some more powers make use of that PI and I've always felt that playing like that with might worked much better than spamming Jackhammer with precision or whatever probably also because of mobility but that's another story.
  7. AIpha New Player

Pebble Blast will also do extra might damage to dazed but its single target. It is possible to be might based and run daze but might works much better off the crushed PI dots than daze's added damage.
  8. Sytenia Committed Player

I know about Pebble Blast that's why I said some more powers use it.

I never actually tried the crushed PI so I dont know and I dont play earth anymore so I cant test it.
    My reason for never trying it was that I could not find a way to apply that PI as easy as I could with dazed.

Are you sure about the DoTs though, since everything dies so fast now I'd prefer burst?
  9. thoughtpatern New Player

The dots from striking stones and shards are fairly quick. So the first set of dots should go thru. ( I'm still thinking that those dazed powers you'll get an extra 50% of damage from the dots vs. The dazed gives you like 30% burst damage extra. This is what I'm seeing but I may be wrwrwrwrong)