Microsoft visual C++ runtime library

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Newtech Bat, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Newtech Bat New Player

i cant load my game, it keeps crashing OR i get this microsoft visual C++ runtime library error thing that says:

runtime error!

program: C:\users\public\Sony Online Entertainment\installed Game...

this program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    please contact the application's support team for more information

any takers on the answer to my problems?
    • Like x 5
  2. Grayson New Player

Every couple days I get this pop up two or three times. It lets me in on the next try.
  3. Myxo Active Player

I was looking for a solution to this error as well. I get it almost every time I log in the first time of the day. I close the error and then can login just fine. Seems like it's been happening since the latest DLC.
  4. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

i get this as well. it is irritating.
  5. Teknyka New Player

I've been getting this same error message. Any Devs out there have a solution (?), or at least let us know you are looking into it...
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I too get this at least 3-4 times a week. It was more frequent a few weeks ago, i.e. 9-10 times a week, and reduced with one of the server updates. Wish I could recall which exactly reduced it.

A little more information to help the developers out from my Event Viewer logs at the time of the runtime error.

Code:
    Faulting application name: DCGame.exe, version: 0.0.18945.43205, time stamp: 0x51ccd518
    Faulting module name: DCGame.exe, version: 0.0.18945.43205, time stamp: 0x51ccd518
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x00904b14
    Faulting process id: 0x11e0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce79e572a2013e
    Faulting application path: D:\DCUO\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\DC Universe Online\Unreal3\Binaries\Win32\DCGame.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\DCUO\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\DC Universe Online\Unreal3\Binaries\Win32\DCGame.exe
    Report Id: c11f79c9-e5d8-11e2-be7e-84a6c8a95eec
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I am running Windows 8 on one system this occurs on and Windows 8 Pro on the other system this occurs on. Are others who experience this also running Windows 8, or is it occurring on earlier versions of Windows, too?
  7. General Zod 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Very helpful advice. However, this has come full circle, and it turns out it is a bug with the PC version of the game. I was told by the technical support team to submit a bug report, which I did in the game, and also to try to get the attention of the developers here.

I am posting here in hopes that a developer will see my post. Any developers willing to look into this?

9. Magnificent Loyal Player

I get the same problem every now and then on login when holding the mouse button down to skip the movie (Win 7 Ultimate - 64-bit).
  10. Liongale Dedicated Player

I had this problem for awhile, did some research. Tried all sorts of updates, driver changes, ect. What I found what works?

Making sure Steam was up to date. I found a thread about that, updated Steam, fixed it.

The kicker is: I don't use Steam to access DCUO at all. I never even run it except to play Team Fortress 2 every once in a blue moon. And yet, when I updated Steam, the problem ceased.

(If you don't have Steam installed on your computer at all, it could be another out-of-date application that effects your library)
    • Like x 2
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Some games will install secondary visual c++ libraries and dll files that do not come standard with the redistributables provided by Microsoft. I believe that may be what fixed the error on your system. It is not so much having out of date software on the system as lacking those specialized libraries and dll files.

I found that out when helping users with side by side errors and having them list the WinSxS directories. My old Sony laptop came bundled with some of those secondary dll files and libraries that I found some users were missing and those missing files resulted in side by side errors for those users. You will see them labeled in the following fashion:

amd64_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_none_93b21c24844efba7

As an example, a side by side error might say it is missing the following file:

vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_none_93b21c24844efba7

It will also tell you which application failed to run due to that missing file. These can be found in the Event Viewer logs.

The runtime error is similar in some respects to the side by side error. It may indicate missing visual c++ libraries. It may also indicate that the application itself is interfacing with the libraries on the system in an unusual manner. Perhaps the application interfaces better with some secondary libraries that steam installs. I will have to install Steam and see if it fixes my issues. Thanks for the info.

WARNING: Never manually make changes to the WinSxS directory; it can result in Windows being unable to boot or cause other errors with how Windows operates. If you are missing libraries, install them directly from the application that requires those libraries or from Microsoft.
    • Like x 2
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Installing Steam did not help, unfortunately. What games do you play on Steam? Maybe one of the games had some libraries/dll files it installed as part of its download and installation through Steam.
  13. Izumi937 New Player

I have the same problem, nice to now i'm not alone xD
    Usually i get the error 2 times and then i'm able to enter, but particularly today, i have tried like 8 times already and still having the error! i can't enter yet :/
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The error is more prevalent when the WORLD IS DOWN message appears on the Character Selection screen. I believe they are related. Likely a timeout occurs due to the server being reset/busy.
  15. Izumi937 New Player

i was stuck at "Connecting to Login Server", always crash at that part, but now i tried once again and i saw the world shutdown message, with the catwoman picture. No crash this time, but server down, let's see what happens when goes up again
  16. Trinidad James Loyal Player

This bug is so annoying