Mic bug on Ps3

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by 478874, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Citrik Well-Known Player

To add to this topic, in addition to the volume glitch, there is also an issue of the mic staying connected. If you turn the mic on before starting the game, all is well aside from the volume glitch. However, if you turn the mic on after the game starts, it will be fine until you join a group or instance, in which case the mic cuts off from the game and you can only hear voices from the speakers, as if the mic isn't on.

I'm not sure if this issue is happening to users with a USB headset, but I am using the official PS3 Bluetooth headset and this happens, without fail, every time.
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

^ It doesn't happen with usb as the mic is always on when you start the ps3 or it probably would have the same issue
  3. NexGen New Player

Just to add to this: this problem has existed since launch. I've used a total of four headsets here in DCUO. My first was a wired ps2 Logitech socom headset, same problem. That died so I used my bluetooth cell phone headset, same problem. I got the cheaper pulse sony headset wireless stereo whatever it's called, same problem. I now have the pulse elite, same problem. Does not happen anywhere else (other games, or using the headsets on my pc) at all.
  4. twist New Player

LoL. Seriously, when I read Mepps saying we are investigating. This has been an issue since launch. So, maybe they really are investigating, I don't know anymore.
    I have a theory though. Because they included the 3rd party mic vender in the software, they can't fix it. It has been almost 3 years.
    If they ever do fix it, they will need to send all their players an email message. Because I'm like a lot of other players. It's the first thing I do after I log in, otherwise my ears can get damaged.
  5. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just so people know what I submitted back in March and then again in April, here is the video. Today is July 10th, 2013.

6. TenTailsTsukomi New Player

i have a fix for that put your microphone volume down not speaker volume but microphone volume down 30% this in voice chat setting i know this is off topic but that will help people stop practically yelling when they are pretty quiet it makes me mad.
  7. Statman New Player

Not to sound rude, but workaround =/= fix. We all know the workarounds, we just want it finally fixed! :D
  8. Treat New Player

I just saw this on your signature. I agree it should be fixed. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. Zozame New Player

This permanent problem started the first time I ever touched and saved the mic volume in the settings. Even attempting to adjust the volume to fix this would not fix the volume as the sound would sound funked up.
  10. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Unfortunately this doesn't fix it. This makes it so the sound doesn't blow everyone's ears out but the persons voice is still super distorted and the mic is full of static as if the sound is being overdriven and clipping. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(audio)
  11. Whiteroom New Player

So

Mics

And stuff...
  12. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

upvoting this one, just wish I could use more than one vote on it.
  13. Scott Zyur New Player

The mic staying connected is a huge problem for me. I would really like to be able to talk to my league without having to turn it off and then back on any time i need to zone or leave / join a group.
  14. Infiniti New Player

I too have this problem. Its a ritual for me everytime I log on to change the volume.....Always cross my fingers that no one is whistling or singling at the time I log in......I'm presuming everyone in the game has this issue.
  15. Ch3wtobacco New Player

yeah id love to see this fixed instead of yelling at my leaguemates to toggle their mics (ie move sliders up and down on the mic and headset in the voice options tab)

I would like to see some update on this Mepps its been 2 months now...
  16. Statman New Player

Yes please!!
  17. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

And aside from this issue if I don't have my mic turned on prior to even starting up the game after I enter a group then leave the mic is dead and will only come back on after I completely restart the game. First I thought it was just me but everyone I've spoken with is having this issue as well. Then I also thought it was the type of mic I was using and went to sonys pulse headset with the same issue.
  18. ARI ATARI New Player

maybe it will work on ps4, never getting fixed on ps3
  19. XxReCkLleSsxX Well-Known Player

I have a usb mic and it happens to me. Sometime randomly people will start to echo off my mic mid play and i have to adjust the settings again ... There has always been one problem or another with mics since this game launched. The mics have never worked properly but they have improved since launch believe it or not.
  20. Whiteroom New Player

Happens all the time. No fun. Its really annoying when the mics act up during the T5 Raids, you need to communicate in there, yet most of the communication problems come from DC.