Metalloid Scrap Boxes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Leafy, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Leafy Committed Player

ha 2nd highest! lol
  2. anotherpacifist Well-Known Player

132...out of a green 122 mask that I scoffed at when it was the last drop for a BDn (initially thought to myself, cheated again out of a purple).
  3. Waterfall Well-Known Player

Wait.... so you are saying that I have been running the duo daily for scraps for 4 weeks now and I still have less scraps then someone can get out of a single drop??
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yes, although you're eligible for the same drops so you're not disadvantaged in any way.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Interesting. The most I've gotten is 24. I will have to run more.
  6. Waterfall Well-Known Player

Totally understandable. Yet still find that disheartening. My grind of 6 scraps per duo will continue :(
  7. DanXVII Committed Player

12, and I'm happy with that, they're nearly useless since the drop rate on gear is in such a perfect sweet spot right now. And if anyone has had such bad luck that they haven't gotten all 4 130 pieces yet from running BD (without replays) they should be in the 300-400 range by now.
  8. arcfussion Well-Known Player

The highest I've gotten is 132 from a green chest piece . I was shocked to go from 45 scraps to 177. Hell yeah ,I need more like that!!!
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

10. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I got 10 off a belt once lol... never lucky with this stuff.
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

Just bc everyone is eligible for the drops doesn't make this right. They have taken something that was supposed to lighten the sting of bad luck and added luck to it. Definitely no reason to have that big of a gap between highest and lowest scrap yields.
    • Like x 6
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

one of my healers got one of the larger bundles. the 132 I think. few of the 12's and 15's across everyone, some 5's and 6's...lots of 2's...
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Which is more than we had for Episode 17 or earlier.
  14. areacode8O8 Committed Player

x10

I need 80 more to make a leg piece
  15. Waterfall Well-Known Player

Lol. Using a luck system to fix the problems of a luck system. I wonder when we will get a luck based system to fix the problem of ppl getting bad luck with the scraps so that we can have a luck system in a luck system in a luck system :)

Had to read that a few times to make sure I typed it right.
    • Like x 2
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

So just because it's something that's been added means it's good? The rng is ridiculous. Please give good reason for the huge discrepancy between the low and high end scrap yields.
    • Like x 1
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Exactly. They deal with "frustration and randomness" with more frustration and randomness.

Fight fire with fire. I guess.
    • Like x 2
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You're not supposed to grind your full gear sets via the R&D system. The whole point of it is to fill in the gaps left by the God awful RNG. That's the reason why there's a huge discrepancy.

If every drop yielded many scraps, people would be able to obtain full sets of raid gear without ever stepping foot in the raid. As someone who has been on the front line of the debate for many years, that reason alone is one of the biggest reasons thrown at me by people who have flat out refused the idea of putting the best gear in a vendor.
    • Like x 1
  19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well, you know, why not just basically get an entire piece from one salvage? ;) I'll have to dig deeper to see how many 396's are out there if I can later on.
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

They supplemented God awful rng with more God awful rng. You should not be able to create a piece of drop gear after 1 or 2 salvages.