Mepps, Is the event still broken?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritech, Jun 30, 2015.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

NO! NO! I wasn't saying stat clamping was to blame its just the only change I know of in the years I have been running it. Yeah I figured it had something to do with NUMBER of people playing.. I did a quick in game check and OF COURSE today the same ships that were broken last night and working perfectly fine today. it just seems like this year the whole thing has had a jinx on it and, as Mepps said, its supposed to be fun.
    • Like x 1
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah I have had this same thing happen Mepps. Ran with a 17 and 14 level on my team and they showed as 17 and 14 NOT 34. I didn't realize that WAS an issue????? Just assumed their stats were increased and the game was just showing their actual Level.
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I can confirm this. Sometimes I, or another player became insanely weak. Especially when there is a level 10 or 11 it becomes really hard, because they seem to die in just 3 big hits.

Then again, I went in with broken gear (0/100) and just 3 gear pieces as a replacement, including a spare weapon and it went surprisingly well: It showed my character as being buffed, while her normal CR is 65.
  4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I have had troubles with the event on cr155 toons, but I think it might be only when I end up with people under cr30.
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

Yes, all the time before and after the adjustments.
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I tried this instance the other day with my Munitions Villain that's Level 16. I used the "glowing headband" buff, I was using all of my best crowd control tactics, that normally take enemies down and keep them down, and I was specifically targeting Aquaman with things like Laser Net and the 5-Barrel Mini-Gun to do as much damage to him as possible. Aquaman still spanked me like a redheaded step-child. And that was at 5-6 levels above the required level for the mission! I'd hate to see how quickly a Level 10 character would buy the farm! :oops:
  7. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

This is possibly a coincidence, but it seems that whenever I run the event with my CR 122 toon, I get grouped with players that are all showing CR 30 to 34.

Whenever I run as my level 15 toon, everyone I get grouped with is level 10 or so.

It's probably a small sample size coincidence, but it has been consistent for me for the 3 or 4 runs I've done with my level 15 toon. (I've yet to group with a high level toon).

Can anyone confirm if they see the same thing or if they can confirm it's just a coincidence? I wanna know if others who are running low level toons are getting grouped together with other low level toons consistently, like how I've seen.
    • Like x 2
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I can confirm that in the two years I have run seasonal events, I nearly always have been placed in groups that are 34+ when my character is 34+ and in groups around my level when I am below level 30. There have been some outliers where my 34+ was placed with 3 under level 30s or my under level 30 was placed with 3 34+ players, but the majority have been as you stated.
    • Like x 1
  9. No Crying Committed Player

Just don't understand why so many people are having trouble with this event?Are the people you guys running with not familiar how to do the event... Because it is very simple to complete I have said it many times I have pugged every time I have ran it and had no problems...

Is it really that hard for some????
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

I felt the same way until I created a new toon just to test it at level 10. There is definitely something askew with players being buffed up to 30 stats. Try it for yourself. The event is supposed to be able to be done by four level 10s with no support roles.

No T1+ player should be having issues though.
    • Like x 1
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Never thought anything of it until reading this post. The last one I did with a lv 29 alt and was in there with two 10's and an 11. Didn't think it would end well and we were slaughtered almost instantly. I am now guessing this may be the missing link as to why the low level seasonal tries seem to be hit or miss.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Nah I understood what you're saying. I was just pointing out that the mechanics themselves possibly are a bit confusing when you're new. Not because they're particularly hard they're just not what a new player is initially thinking about.

We need to think of new players as children they're not stupid (ok some are) they're just uneducated so sticking a prompt in isn't particularly a bad idea.

As for hitting too hard I do concede this may be the case and is likely a combination of stat clamping mixing with cr scaling. I guess only the devs can answer that one.
    • Like x 1
  13. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Glad to know I'm not the only one experience that. I don't bother running it with my sub 30 toons, as it always end badly. Post 30,no problem. I'll try it again with my lowbie, and see if I predictably get other lowbies in my group.
    • Like x 1
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

I'm sure it's to do with gu47 changes for low levels vs lvl30 enemies (do less damage/take more damage, cr differential).
    I entered clamped Valentine's event this year many times with a 20-something quantum and was out damaging T6 players. No chance of that this event.
    • Like x 1
  15. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

That could be, but I'm referring more to who I get grouped with in queues
  16. Veritech Loyal Player

Oh ok, yea that's the matchmaking for you. Picks similar levels to you first, before looking at other tiered players.
  17. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Ah, I did not know that was intended. Thanks. It certainly doesn't help the lobbies when all are inexperienced while trying to run it lol.
    • Like x 2
  18. Young Savage510 Level 30

I can do it in that scenerio too pal. It's a seasonal.
  19. Young Savage510 Level 30

Maybe stop complainging and just put a little effort and it'll be easy for you to
    js
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

I'm not complaining, and I doubt you've done it with 4 lvl 10s this instance, this year either. I bet I could out dps you on any of my mains while grabbing 2 devices each time on an under 2min run too, but that's not the point.

Take your 'get good noob' attitude elsewhere.
    • Like x 1