Melee DPS gone

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Scorpion, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Just got off of the test server and tried out the new T5 content. Its nearly impossible to get close to an enemy without getting hit since most of them have some sort of aoe attack (even in small mobs) also with the new Whirling Dervish fix that makes it so it cant be clipped anymore (not even with consumbles) and if you cancel the animation you also cancel the damage. Basicly any kind of melee dps is now useless in pve after DLC 7 comes. This changes the game in a big way for alot of people especially since all the know is "weapon combo>(clip)> power". So safe to assume alot of people gonna be respeccing to different weapons and powers just so they can dps at all.
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta795 New Player

Wow...wish I could've seen that coming;)
    Think about it...were people getting right up in the Meta's face when FOS was released?
    Don't worry though eventually we will all become WAY overgeared again, and people can resume
    the PEW PEW with out fear.
    • Like x 6
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

I don't see how melee damage is useless in PvE from now on. It may not be ideal for T5. But we're still over geared for a majority of the game. You can still use melee weapons in PvE T1-4 content.
  4. Meta Flare New Player

what delta said

it will be back eventually
    • Like x 1
  5. Meta Flare New Player

this could be viewed as a good thing for me cuz now maybe people will shut up about me range dpsing with HB. now i can make fun of all you melee wierdos :D
    • Like x 4
  6. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Unless they nerf the T5 content I dont see that happening. In the raid mobs are hitting almost 1k per hit and sub boss thing 4-5k regualr over 10k on speical attacks only tanks are gonna avoid getting 1 shotted. BTW this is damage I recieved while having the HP and DEF iconic inates and 2 new lvl 83 pieces.
  7. crownclownking New Player

i dont know if it will be back even with full t5 cause when Odyssey did the raids didn't they have a couple pieces of t5 and they were still getting beat by the luthors. Maybe when t6 comes out lol so if you're a melee dps trying to dps the new raids you're gonna have a bad time getting one shotted by lex .
  8. Delta795 New Player

My point was EVENTUALLY it will come back. As it sits right now I'm CR 90 entering an instance that only requires 70.
    People will figure out the tells and how to beat a raid, become fully geared, modded and loaded with trinkets that eventually it will
    begin to happen again.

Not day one but EVENTUALLY...Remember how hard FOS2 was when it first came out for most groups? Now you can walk in
    with a couple league buddies and speed feat it.
    • Like x 4
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Based on the numbers from T5 raids with T5 gear. Melee will only be possible when people have T6 or even T7.
  10. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

DLC 7 - Back to Bows
    • Like x 7
  11. PrimedKrypton New Player

lol oh I already got mine in the first inventory slot just waiting to poke ppl with my arrows :D
  12. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I remember when mellee was a way to die in fos1 :)
    Just a gear issue, soon will be back, stronger than ever.
  13. Dump Truck New Player

Dark is right. When Prime came out many of us, myself included, respect our powers for ranged damage until we were T4'd enough and could withstand the hits, fugured out the attacks, and healers resto was higher. New raids are actually my favorite part of the game and I get the most enjoyment from so I am eager to gear up and try it out. I just hope that if the cr is 86 - a talented group of 86 minimum cr can beat it.

I also owe dark one for grossly misstating how a gadget power works, which was more out of my own envy as fire has nothing like Fear Gas so I will gladly preach his statements until I feel I have paid my dues.
  14. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I know that feel bro. I heard about the Whirling Dervish and deleted all my DPS gear. I only troll, tank and heal now...:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I think Spytle uses MA for T5 Raids as controller. I could be wrong though.
  16. Radium Devoted Player

I haven't rocked DPS HB's since the days of Inner.

It should be a welcome change again.
  17. Dump Truck New Player

I've always faired best with the rifle. Grenade -> power -> support power -> DMG consumable -> grenade -> power -> DMG consumable
  18. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Guess I will have to add to my signature: "the last melee dps" once t5 raids come out.
  19. Radium Devoted Player

Please let me be there for that run, please!!
    • Like x 2
  20. Radium Devoted Player

Hmmm, maybe I'll take a look at Souls tap triangle load-out and see what I can put in place for Ice. Can't be to difficult to change around.