"mechanics..."

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Nyema, Apr 20, 2014.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

It's because why take it away from the power? If it was truly "0p" then I could see from a balance stand point but that's not the case. So why take away half of a brand new mechanic from 2 powers??

Just cause I'm not going to use it doesn't mean other people will not. And while I might have a edge not using it someone who doesn't like the fast paced playstyle I do could benefit from it and I thought that's what we were going for with WM. It's supposed to help the people who like a more slow paced playstyle. But by taking the crit bonus away from someone who plays slower takes away that bit of a edge it was supposed to give them.

And I'm not after a rage nerf at all. I just used rage as a example cause it's prob the best dps power and for nature or sorc to be so called "OP" they would have to be beating rage. Which they are not so taking away the crit bonus from nature and sorc holds no merit cause they are good powers but not the best.
    • Like x 1
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

And yea I might come off as a little hard but if proper testing was done before such a change we would not be having this discussion.
    • Like x 1
  3. Nyema New Player

Celestial doesn't have PI, so you might as well leave it alone (purified is a waste)
  4. BumblingB I got better.

That's the thing, players are resourceful. They also are cunning. They figure things out that are never intended by the developers. Example would be the jump cancel loophole. Or how people currently do Light. The mechanic for Light was supposed to be infinite combo, I bet the devs were surprised to see how players were using Light. Power clipping to the extent that were was no animations running. lol

It also doesn't seem right to think that just because it doesn't affect the precision aspect of a combo, that it can't create a bigger damage and imbalance the game. Personally, yeah, the precision tick is usually bigger, but critting the yellow damage does make a big difference. And if you are using the quick WM combo, I still see this as OP. Them changing WM to exclude Sorc and Nat is to preemptively keep balance. If Sorc and Nat have their awesome mechanic, then the ones that already do should get some exclusion too, because you know it will get found and abused.
    • Like x 7
  5. Nyema New Player

to be quite honest, yes... it is a rage nerf call... well not a nerf call, but a hinderance call. Just like they hindered sorcery & nature they should do with rage! rage users can QQ all they want. idc, it's not fair what so ever & if they don't do anything about it, I am legit going to quit. I don't like shady business. & this is exactly what it is. Like I've given SOLID proof, which these guys should've already knew about. So its either they know about it & don't want to do crap about it, or the don't know nor do they really care. it's no middle ground.
  6. Nyema New Player

Bumble Bee... I found something before it has a chance to hit live server. & this is it... They need to stop it, honestly rage nor HL should be able to get the crit from it IMO because you can get dazed from many power sets... so that is an awesome level mechanic. & with rage, you get a 150% dmg modifier for outrage when used with PI, plus you can clip that AMPLIFIED outrage combo with WM & get a huge crit bonus on top of that... that's very OP!
  7. Nyema New Player

wait wait wait wait wait... the devs were going to make this exclusively for a DLC, so a f2p vs legendary member... lol, that's OP & unfair. So when they do this "blanket nerf" of sorcery & nature, I get defensive
  8. Nyema New Player

if they don't change rage... or let sorcery & nature fully utilize the benefits of WM, then what they should do is
    Let Wolf Form Bug Form & Ape form use WM combos...
    & restore offerings old capabilities, & get ride of RW! It's a waste! but a real buff in there for sorcery!
    also, make WoD have a 45% crit chance attack & dmg for its duration & 3 seconds afterwards
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Let me clear something, I'm not asking for a nerf in anyway. I'm actually kind of mad that they excluded Nature and Sorcery. And the fact that they can't really utilize it, that just means the top 3 will stay the top three and the low enders will never catch up. WM is intended to bring up the low end, but all I'm seeing is the high end getting higher.

But alas, it's coming.
    • Like x 3
  10. KidVicious93 Well-Known Player

So...... what about electric?
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

From what I've tested, Electricity will be close to Celestial in DPS with WM. It will be very helpful.
    • Like x 3
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, you don't. Outrage does 150% damage when hitting enemies with the P.I., that is an extra 50%, not an extra 150%.
    • Like x 3
  13. Kristyana New Player

Use the superfast Brawling into Shuriken Storm and use a WM clip to get the guaranteed crit on the celestial power. I need to do more testing but it appears the difficulty of the combo scales up the amount of critical damage it does, same with power consumption.

If you use a weapon at all with Celestial you'll want a superfast WM combo strictly to get the guaranteed crit with all those innates maxed out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Grid Ion Committed Player

People thinking that Nature isn't up there with the top 3 haven't tested enough I guess. Run the new T6 alert with a decent Nature dps utilizing WM combos and see how he smokes you.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

That's exactly the one I tested with when I found the DPS loss, and that's the fastest one out there. I used Hand Clap/Shuriken Storm into RcW. I could get 3 clipped RcW off in the same time as the one buffed WM combo, and the DPS was half. I guess you could use ScH, since the might damage is the same, but the combo is a little shorter. Still won't equal the DPS of RcW spam, though, because you can clip it into itself.

Yes, the longer the combo, the greater the damage buff, and it's not just a time thing. I posted by testing results in the WM testing thread. I assume the power cost reduction is similarly scaled, but I haven't tested that.

EDIT: Here's the post. Not exactly half, but close.

16. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

I have some interesting theories to test that involve maximizing damage output for celestial, rage, and mental from weapon master combos. Currently, a celestial build that I used upon first trying the powerset looks rather promising with this newly added feature.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

so sick of this bs. Its always "please nerf this power devs" buncha crybabies. If u r good enough u will find a way 2 do good/great dmg. I see people do it all the time no matter what is done 2 the powerset they play. STOP this nerfing stuff now. It has gotten so ridiculous lately. No content in this game is hard where u need 2 do insane dmg. The point is 2 finish the instnace u r running. Stop worrying about the other dps and their powerset. Just do u and play the power u r and have fun and STOP looking at the scorecard. That overall dmg # is meaningless anyways. Its the ratio of dmg out to power in u should b looking at and nothing else. Sorry 2 b blunt but im sick of there nerf threads. Is everything always right and fair? No its sure not. They say balance but true balance is a pipe dream. Will never happen. Know y? Because 1rst of all the powerset is meaningless, its about the skill of the player. 2nd of all u have this group of people that think if u play this or that certain power it will make u better. All i can do is laugh at this. Practice with your rotation and testing with your powerset r what makes some1 good. I have watched a league m8 prove my point on this as he has switched 2 every power in the game and done amazing dmg with them all. U know y? He is simply a great player. Thats it, thats all. If u r bad or average, switching powers wont make u better. Practice, practice, practice. Learn the powerset. Thats what makes alot of the good dps great. They actually read the power description and know what a pi is too and how 2 apply it. And they spend hrs at the dummies or in nexus testing different loadouts and rotations. And i think u r confused on what an awesome level mechanic is. A pi is not that. The reason WM wont work with natures dots and sorcs fury is u can just apply your poisons and then do WM combos over and over and use harvest as the buff power and your dots keep ticking y u hit 4 big dmg with WM. Sorc is the same way with the fury and offering. This is the reasons 4 those changes. HL and rage cant do these things. A dot is not an awesome level mechanic.
  18. Kristyana New Player

The largest return of investment by far I've seen and used with Mental is to use TK Bolt with Enduring Damage, apply the Dazed PI with Boxing Glove, then go to town with quick WM combos spamming TK Push which crits for anywhere from 2800 to 4500 depending on the combo in question.
    • Like x 2
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Why not just use Mass Lev to daze AoE and apply the 60% buff, then go into WM + TK Push? That's what I've messed around with.
    • Like x 1
  20. Trinidad James Loyal Player

if only they would revamp Mass Lev, we shouldn't have to use a none power set power to apply a PI. But I've tried this as well and its awesome fast damage.