Max CR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Aug 25, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Alot of yall seem to be missing the point, BoP we had 2 OP items yet the difference between reg and full elite was only 4cr

What I dont get is we have 4 elite pieces brand new to this DLC and they still register CR wise like regular vendor gear.
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Am I missing something? 2 op items in bop?
  3. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I'm pretty sure you can get higher than 316. I am currently 316 and all I really have equipped so far is the OP legs from BoP, the elite weapon, elite neck and 2 elite rings. I haven't even touched the regular 275 gearset yet. I expect I'll jump about 2 levels at least with a full set, maybe even 3 if I'm lucky. With the OP head (when I eventually get it...) I might even hit 320, but that's a long shot.

Without the OP legs, I'd guess that a full set of 275 gear plus the elite weapon, neck and rings should get you up to 318
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Because rings and necklaces contribute the lowest amount to the overall CR of your character. We have an OP head at Item Level 292 (I presume. The legs from BoP are 282 and it generally goes up 10 Item Levels per episode), which contributes 11%, and OP legs at IL 282 which contribute 12%. The OP waist from Metal II only contributed 7% to your overall CR. When doing calculations you must remember that every piece of gear contributes differently to your overall CR.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What you're not understanding is that every piece of gear is weighted differently. For example, when it comes to boosting your CR Chest/Legs/Back individually contribute significantly more than rings/neck/face combined. Just because they are Elite/Higher item Level doesn't mean they've gained any significant weighting when it comes to CR calculation (in other words their contribution is minor despite the higher numerical value).

Use this handy dandy CR calculator from Odyssey and input your numbers...with each gear piece number you add pay very close attention to what the numbers look like in the CR calculation box. Then bring down a number in a different gear piece and see for yourself how big or small of an impact certain pieces have.

TL; DR: Your CR is calculated from all of your gear pieces to come up with your 100% total, but not all pieces have the same value (chest piece weighs more than hands, hands weigh much more than face mask etc.).
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I know all of this, doesnt change the fact that if I bought a 275 weapon I'd still be cr315 right now, and I have a 277 weapon. Which last I checked back when they showed all the percentages of how each piece effected CR, weapons effected it the most. So why doesnt a ELITE weapon effect the CR more than a regular weapon would?
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

As in 2 that were relevant
  8. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm sure it does, I just don't think those 2 levels is enough to move your CR anywhere from where you're at, Just look at the CR calculator they linked, 2 level difference in weapon will not be enough to change your CR by a whole number. The (Elite) tag is really just letting you know it's a higher level (in this case 277 as opposed to 275.) For example, I don't think a regular 275 and an "elite" 275 would ever exist nor be any different from each other.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It does, but the increase in item level is only two points, which is insignificant. The amount that it increases your CR is a number that is not reflected in the number we can see. I've gone ahead and done the work for you - I went to the CR calculator at the DCUO Bloguide website. If I put in every single item level for my whole set of gear as 275 then I have a CR of 316.25. If I change the weapon from 275 to 277 (the item level for the elite weapon) then the CR becomes 316.49. It DOES increase your CR, but not by a full point, and we can only see our CR in full unit increments of 1. The elite weapon on it's own increases your CR by a number less than 1, so therefore the increase is invisible to you.
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's my point, these elite weapons and jewelry make 0 difference CR wise. They should have a bigger impact then they do.

Also why was there no elite face or utility belt?
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well I can't speak for the rings or neck, but the weapon does have a proc that gives you a % boost in your primary stat, based on your role, so there is that benefit. CR is just a number at the end of the day and has no actual effect on how successfully you play, but those elite items do have higher stats (albeit minimally higher), which is attractive to min/max players. It also means that you can proc the generator affinity mods without needing a full set of the normal elite gear (although I have read there were some issues with that, idk if it's been resolved). For me personally I always skip the rings, weapon, UB, face and neck from the regular vendor because one or two extra CR makes no difference to me and I'd rather have the marks to spend on other stuff. I do intend to get the elite weapon this time around though since there is the % proc boost for your primary stat, so if their aim was to get us to play more and buy more items then that has worked on me at least.

I can't speak to there being no elite face, belt or trinket. Only the devs know.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

321 is the cap.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Why? They are basically given away. They honestly shouldn't even count as elite.

The raid in this DLC really does test players if they are good or not. It's very much like the old days, and I love it.

Remember, it's really no longer about CR. It's all about them artifacts. CR in this DLC just shows who is beating elite and who is not.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Weapons affected it most compared to other accessories, not gear (chest, legs etc). At the end of the day Weapons and other accessories still rank lower than the other gear, it being an Elite weapon but only being two CRs higher isn't enough to make that big of an impact. It's no different if you were fully geared in vendor gear minus the vendor weapon, and then got a purple drop weapon that was 2 CRs higher than the last vendor gear weapon. Your cr will only move incrementally by a small number. You're getting caught up in the "Elite Weapon" wording when that never meant "Significant CR boost".
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They do have a bigger impact...just not as big as you'd like because despite what most people think, they still care about some level of balance in the game (if Elite weapons had the level of impact you seem to be wishing for, it would be OP and content would have to be adjusted to take that into account). Besides, it's an Elite weapon, not a Weapon of Omnipotence. If it was an OP weapon your point would be legit.

That's one we'd all have to guess at since they'll likely never answer that. One possible answer: The face mask would have required them to come up with another style and they didn't want to waste time thinking about it. Another possibility: Maybe it'll get added to the vendor at a later date so people have something new to chase besides style items (or in addition to, since face pieces have styles attached to them). It's also possible they didn't feel like it...like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop, we'll never know.
    • Like x 1
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have to ask.
    What dif does it make what the CR gap is? The stats r what they are no mayter what the gap is..... the CR gap is a “fake stat” as it gives u nothing more. The gap could be 1cr or 1,000 cr and nothing changes.

Its a genuine question, Im not screwin w/ya. Just asking
    • Like x 1
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Because when I originally added the item levels to a CR calculator it was putting reg gear at 318, 319 with OP legs, 320 with helm and 321 with full 277.

This was when everything was showed on test. But when we got it on live it wasnt the case.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That was going by this cr calculator

https://tools.dcuobot.com/character-checker?name=Offending habits&world_id=2
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Rite but why does it matter? So what if the cr is different than anticipated? The CR u get is above any requirement for anything so its an arbitrary # that carries no value because threshold is exceeded so its trivial.
    So i ask, why does it matter tho?
    What if the cr was 100 different? Why does that matter? The arbitrary # changes nothing
  20. Webley New Player

I have a HL TROLL and my current CR is 322. I’ve not even gotten into getting the best gear available for my toon yet..