Material styles: Color change please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 6ix9ine, May 31, 2018.

1. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Can we start getting material styles that are actually color changeable like the void is? pretty please with sugar ontop :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To my understanding, tintable materials are less complex, but then again the liquid material was pretty complex and tintable.

I definitely agree, whether they're tintable or not plays a big part in whether I want to chase it or not.
    • Like x 5
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I loved the liquid material, I just wish it could use a multicolored hair palette instead of two of the costume palette slots when applied to hair (though Megz did at one point say they were working on giving us multicolored hair, hopefully that will mean hair palette instead of drawing from the costume palette) :D
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And ugly.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

So far the reason for so many being colour locked is because it's needed for them to achieve the desired FX. At this stage I'd happily take diminished FX in exchange for tintability. So many awesome materials that I just won't use because they're colour locked to colours that I don't like using.
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It seems like there's a trade-off of sorts with the materials that can be tinted. You get the option to color but you can end up losing some of the details on the costume pieces themselves. I think something along those lines was even brought up by one of the devs on a livestream (either the Phoenix material reveal or the Negative Speed Force material reveal).

Personally I don't mind things being color locked. Mainly it's because I don't feel the need to have every material on every character (Phoenix material really doesn't go with an Ice character LOL) but I do like being able to see details of the costume pieces I use them on. It's not as consistent as I'd like (some hairstyles can end up less defined with some material use) but I do enjoy seeing the detail. Even so I can understand others wanting more color options for the materials.