Match making Lair 1v1: Why am I fighting you again?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Zylo, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Zylo Committed Player

Well, yesterday I was doing lair battles trying to get to the 500 lair win feat. all I needed was 17 wins. I won 17 "straight" times. thats 17w/ZERO losses. out of those 17 i baisicly fought the same 3-4ppl over n over. isint this game suppose to pair me up with ppl with the same win/loss ratio? 17freaken straight WINS!!! i should be up there with the "PROS" but nope. am still fighting these guys.

it sucks. it really does an I really feel bad for them. some of them after a 3rd-4th time meeting them they just stood there and so did I.

I didint know what to do. I didint want to feel like a complete a-word and drill them into the ground again. so......ppl start to either talk to me in versus chat or through PSN. so I ask.....

have you won the weekly reward/daily reward? they either go no or yes or there just there for marks. the ppl that say no and have been trying a bazzilion times only to loos time n time again. so I let them beat me up so i can send them an their merry way and tell them to stay away from this evil place.

am suppose to be a villain.....I sure dont feel like it sometimes.:oops:

17straight wins...........were the so called win/loss match making?
    • Like x 1
  2. Liongale Dedicated Player

Yeah, I was doing some fights 1v1 awhile ago for badges, but 3 times in the row I fought the same person- I was all in full purple save my trinket, this guy was in full greens. How on earth did he have the bad luck to fight me that many times? Feeling bad, I let him win because it was unfair to him he had to fight me.

I don't really believe in matchmaking. I know the system is there, but I know in my heart the system is broken.
  3. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

So you get the favor of the lag? I fought players that could block break me 30 seconds later and i couldn't block break them at all. Game play is a utter joke right now. Lag issues be rampant,,,
  4. Zylo Committed Player

Wha....?o_Olag? uh....i guess....wrong topic,but...uh YEAH! GRRrrrr lag. I HATE IT!!!:mad:
  5. Thechemicals New Player

server population coupled with the amount of people doing pvp.
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

And ELO ranking. If you have the same ELO ranking you tend to get matched with the same people and if you have the highest ranking tend to get a random opponent regardless of their rank (after wating 5 minutes).

This is the ELO ranking system that some people like so much. :/
  7. MARK2099 New Player

If you feel bad for a player who constant face just to get their weekly box, why not just give him the victory? if i'm farming victory lair feat and find a player undergeared more than once, i give him the victory so he don't have to waste time, a single lair lose means nothing to me as long i can help the other.
  8. Spidersting Committed Player

Basicly it has to do with who is queing. If say 100 players are queing for pvp but only 5 are doing lair ques then you will face the same players over and over. When you have a small amount of players queing for 1 map only the rank system is basicly going to be thrown out the window at some point because if wait times.

You might of faced some players in your ranking and didn't see long waits but the same players you crushed over and over could of possibly been sitting in the que for a bit because no one was around that players rank and they were only queing 1v1 to get the win of the day.
  9. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Fact is less people are doing PvP since the update, even less doing the lame lair battles. So you were 1of 5-6 who were queuing for that. I do that map 1 time per week, sometimes i just dont bother at all, usually thats the case with 3/5 of the crappy rotation. This team of devs have the opposite of the midas touch when it come to PvP, they really should always do the opposite of whatever their main ideas are.