Massive FPS drops in specific moments

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Wallachia, May 15, 2017.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hi, how are you?

You know, I run games like Paladins and Overwatch at 150 fps, GTAV at 84 FPS (on high settings), and Star Wars latest game at 74 fps on high settings. I used to run DCUO so easily it was like a flash game, specially as I play it on window mode. Pretty cool, no?

Too bad this changed in the latest update. I decided to run Ice party 1-player instance (I freaking forgot its name) with my mighty moral-support Rage DPS, and, much to my negative surprise, that using Galling Eruption - and while it was active - my FPS fell to 4.

FOUR!

I had to play the entire instance without using that power, which sucks, since I'm already a deadweight to my league in raid runs, I will be a total deadweight to my league in raid runs if I can't even use G.E. I might as well change my IGN to Yamcha.

Seriously, whatever you guys did in the latest update broke something in the game. I don't want to be THAT guy and say "fix it", but, well, fix it. Please. Like a spoiled brat I bought legendary just to play as a lantern, don't that take away from me.

Sad violin.
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I'm bumping this thread blatantly, as I've noticed I'm probably the ONLY rage player in the world above 175 CR.

Why?

Because I only started playing DCUO because of lantern powers. Even more when I got into the game and realized I absolutely hate the exobyte concept. Yeah, yeah, Rage is underpowered, I get that, but it has a very unique mechanic, and I love it. I actually learned how to use it so to be relevant even in raids where I was the team's krillin. I still have a lot of fun.

I logged in ONE DAY before previous update (not counting yesterday's), and everything was fine. Then the update hit live and, when using Galling Eruption, my fps brutally dropped. It can't be my comp because it would be illogical to turn it off then back on and have that, specially since all the other games I have load perfectly fine as they are, even Paladins, the buggy mess. And now I simply can't play my favourite power. I have enough tokens to buy a power change token and join the HL ranks, but, while I like HL almost as much as Rage, I really wish I didn't have to.

@Mepps or whoever, someone please address this issue and change that. I don't want to stop playing Rage over something that I have no control of.

Come on.