Marvel Project at Daybreak Games is canceled

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Jcal, May 25, 2022.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

Yeah someone posted about it in the Funhouse section of the forums already. They did say these resources will go to current projects and DCUO is one of them. So hoping to see great things.
    • Like x 3
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Wasn't there literally just a thread about this moments ago?
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 1
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

There's always that Marvel's Anthem game that players all ditched DCUO for. I'm sure everything is working out just fine.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Marvel: ever since 2007 failing to work with mmo games.
    • Like x 2
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Well at least its not a name reclaim or fix pvp thread :p:eek::oops::D
    • Like x 2
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Or another "rEmOvE tHe StAt ClAmP"-thread :rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:
    • Like x 2
  10. KidKretz Committed Player

11. DarkMastery Active Player

I believe this is fate and quite frankly all those resources should be put back into this game and make dcuo reach it's true potential.
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

As someone who is a DC first guy at all times, I was looking forward to it. I’ll always keep a toe in the water in DCUO, but also it’s an almost 12 year old game that looks and feels like one. To get my hands on what I can only imagine would FEEL like a DCUO clone in a fresh coat of paint with a larger player pool would be incredible considering a DCUO2 isn’t a reality. I’m glad some resources are heading to the DCUO dev team, and I hope it runs forever, but I can’t help but be disappointed.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Saw this coming a mile away, not surprised at all, not in the slightest.
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I was so pumped to make a Marvel version of my self insert as an X-Men since I'm part of marginalized groups (queer, autistic) and the X-Men are essentially one big allegory for that. But even more so, I was so pumped to have Kestrel fly around with Falcon since he was my first big superhero love and part of why I chose the Kestrel name and theme and since I discovered as a little kid he's been super important to me both for that reason and because of diversity, representation, a lot of the values his character is rooted in, etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"...will cost Enad global 7 around "SEK 230 million in project-related assets."

Um...noooo. Just give those assets to us. Base items, new maps, styles. I'm sure we won't waste them. :D
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I wonder if development for the Marvel IP could be translated into DC IP. Like maybe add DC iconic buildings to the cityscape model they made, or was the coding for game combat mechanics based off of DCUO. It would be awesome if the development can be salvage for say an updated DCUO or DCUO 2.0. Since they spent $$$ on it. I'm curious what game engine they used for the Marvel IP.

Guess it would be a few years to see leaks of the cancelled project. :oops:
  17. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed it's not coming out, I was really interested in seeing what the game would look like, especially with modern graphics and engine dynamics, and to see what we could come up with as far as creating DC characters in a Marvel world. I hope the reinvestment into DCUO is going to be significant and worthwhile
  18. KidKretz Committed Player

19. Shazam Well-Known Player

20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

• Like x 2