Martial Arts and Block Breakers

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Duskstrike, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

I'm a decent PVP'er. Not the kind that makes it look easy rolling over people, but I hold my own. I have a weakness, though. Martial Arts block breaker is hard if not impossible for me to see at certain times. I see it most often in legends with characters like Amon Sur. I do still see it in 1v1s sometimes, especially against Gadgets.

What happens looks from my POV like this: I see someone going through a couple hits of a MA melee combo, I hold block just for an instant, then I see some kind of move I can't make out (as if they clipped heavy shuriken or cast a power), I'm block broken, and then the other player is back on a melee combo. I'm not holding block long at all. I'm not spamming block. I am, however, holding it for a fraction longer than a tap of block.

What is going on? Is it clipping the breaker? Or clipping a power? If so, what power?

Thanks for the help and info!
  2. Cadens Dedicated Player

They are clipping the block break. Brawling is even better with it :)
  3. recespieces31 New Player

Yeah, with Amon Sur/Sinestro, players literally hold Trianlge long enough (usualy less than a second) to start the BB animation and then immediately clip it with Ram (L2 Triangle)...when I first saw this, I thought I was lagging or the player was glitching, but then a friend told me about it and I haven't looked back...it is quite useful
  4. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

Yeah, it felt like lag a bit to me, too. It's pretty impressive to watch. I'll work on strategies to deal with it now. Thanks for the info guys!
  5. Talve Dedicated Player

There is only 1 very reliable way with dealing clipper blockbreakers, unless your opponent is playing like a broken record.
    Its sound.
    Turn up game effect sounds, turn down everything else. Learn the sound on blockbreaker animations. And next time he tries to get away with it, make them pay for it. Over, over and over again.

Other than that, its just learning your opponents mindset, patterns and strategy.

A lot of weapons have access to clippable blockbreaker, some do it a little better than others.
  6. Zizzi New Player

Lunging works great too ;) when I see people doing this they usually repeat the same pattern, so I throw in one or two lunges and that usually knocks them down and throws off their rhythm.