Marketplace: What shall I buy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bilal, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Bilal New Player

Hello,

what is recommended to buy? Never bought a thing
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Legendary
    • Like x 2
  3. Bilal New Player

Already have legacy
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

All the things!

Seriously, though, just look through and see what you want. Want to complete briefings/etc? Grab a radar enhancer pack or ten. Legends characters are a good price right now if you need them for legends feats. Some of the style or base items/amenities...stabilizers are among the things that aren’t discounted very much if at all, though (no surprise there)
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Depends on what you really want out the game. I recommend not subscribing until you are sure you like what you see, then proceed to buy legendary, If not this is a nice side dish game to toss a few bucks on every now and again
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It's personal preference, literally if you're asking someone what they think you should buy. Expect alot of biased opinions.

In my eyes you should buy what you like and what you'll ultimately enjoy in the long run. Like for instance: If you like time capsules, you can buy stabilizers if you want; I don't buy stabilizers, but there's people on the forums that straight up hate players who do buy time capsules. Or if they don't hate you, they'll label you as a whale.

For me l went ahead and bought two lair themes because it's something I wanted and I liked to buy it for my characters. Again, there are some people who don't buy lair themes and don't like lairs, but it's all personal preference.

I bought the tech, and I bought the bunker lairs.

[IMG]

[IMG]

So again like I said buy something that you know you'll like and something that you know you'll enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

My personal opinion is to get things that actually help progression. Styles are such a waste of money, like its just a pixel, replays or legendary or a dlc you can use
    • Like x 1
  8. MastaMind Dedicated Player

High fives from me.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

buy the RnD station. it is the most helpfull thing you can get.
    • Like x 1
  10. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Combined with the RnD vendor, mailbox and broker it's heaven. I can do all my RnD fast and without having the Hall of Doom spam and crowd
    • Like x 1
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Depends on what you already have... What you want to do in game and what you desperately WANT/NEED

Now personally ....

My buys this holiday season, and MOST of the time, were along the same lines as what Philosphy said..

Bought replay badges.. I don't generally replay missions but I have a pile of ALTS and you can use them to but feats so any lower tiers characters don't HAVE to grind through some of those feats you already accomplished with another (examples include 5000 Reapers in CC, 500 Rogue Bounties, 99 Earth duos, ect...)

Bought a few more protective seals for artifact break through protection... hey the price was even cheaper than the Black Friday sale and I am leveling 9 different alts that can use those.

Bought some catalyst bundles.... Again the price was right and while some of those missions are easy to get a team for .. some can be a real pain. So why not have few ready to go packs for when you hit 60? or 80?

hmmm swore I spent more than that! Dang I may need to go shopping again LOL

OH YEAH I decided to create a special HOLIDAY outfit for my alt for the Holiday so i bought an armory just for THAT. Hey I never said EVERYTHING I buy is for game advancement.

Now your new.... I'd suggest amenities for your lair. Set up right you can get things done a lot faster than running back and forth in HQ. Grab the R+D station, R+D Vendor, Soda machine, Bank, Email and (dang I can't remember if this is a freebie or not but in case it is not) Teleport pad. others to consider but unless you use them a lot you can do THOSE things in HQ.. The Respec station and the Broker. Along those same lines I have no idea how high your level or CR is at the moment but grab an armory. you will get one free.. Guess what? unless you have at LEAST two that 1 is pretty useless except as a room decoration.

If you are a premium and plan to stay that way.. grab the Power Packet (gives you access to all the power sets available in game) Grab the DLC packs .. they bundle them so you can get access to almost the whole game for one lower price. If you are Premium? BUY SOME ESCROW tickets ... trust me you will need them since you can not normally carry more than 2000 in game cash at any time.

There is a whole lot more but that should leave your credit card smoking LOL
    • Like x 1
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

buy the game rights and save it
  13. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Buy Stabilizers
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

if your invetar is full, you cen salvage stuff on the run to make room for loot without the need to delete things you could sell.
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Meh. Get any styles you think you might use, if you want to get styles.
  17. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Up to you man. I bought 60 stabilizers and 350 replay badges myself.
  18. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

If you have literally bought nothing, first purchases should be teleporter and at least one armory.
    • Like x 2
  19. M.R. Thomas Level 30

i would buy the amenities pack. having a bank, broker, teleporter, store, amd respec station in your base is huge. No more going to a PD or WT after every run to fix your equipment or sell the junk you just got. No more going to the PD/WT to check your mail. No more going to the WT every time you wanna buy/sell something from the broker. Put the gotham/meto, bases & LH, and battlefromt mods in your teleporter and you can pretty much just stay home if you want. I dont have a R&D station but its pretty easy to use my teleporter to poof myself to Midtown use theirs and Poof back home.

Edit: forgot the mailbox gotta have a mailbox but if i remember correctly everything i mentioned comes in the amenities pack
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Im a whale? 0.0 lol