Marketplace Content Vs In Game Content Drops

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fleetstdemon, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Hi everyone.

I bought this game when it first came out but only messed around creating new characters. That, along with all the updates and changes that have been implemented since release, has made me realise that, although i am now getting into the game properly and enjoying it a lot, there is an awful lot of things about the game i don't know.

I have a few questions regarding the content available for purchase on the marketplace and how that relates to in game drops and players with legendary subscriptions vs those who have FTP or premium accounts.

I know legendary subscriptions open up a whole lot of content such as new Alerts, Raids, the ability to open lock boxes etc.

My questions relate more to things on the marketplace like style items, trinket toys, auras, base items, consumables etc, not things like new powers or episodes.

Can all, or even any, of these type of items on the marketplace also be found as drops in game or can the items listed there only be purchased?

Is there some content that can ONLY be obtained by purchasing it?

Are there items that can drop for legendary subscription players but not for FTP or premium players?

The main reason i'm asking this is that i don't want to buy items that are easily obtainable during the course of the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

The Marketplace is extra...the only thing that you really need is an armory or two.
    Everything else can be earned in game if you're subbed.

I would recommend playing until you feel the need to subscribe and then buy into a plan.
    If you play really casually without the desire to play in end-game, you can get away with buying content as you desire.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I bought the gorrilla form trinket along with the cosmic ball, just for fun and to mess around when taking a break from playing properly,and noticed that the had yellow inventory icons. Thats what made me ask.

Although i had only played casually before i had always really enjoyed the game and i wanted to level up my characters to play the 'end game' content but i was playing so many large games at the time, like Skyrim, which when modding can be like a full time job, that i couldn't really focus on getting right into this game.

I can now however and bought a subscription and as i said i am really enjoying the game.

Speaking of subscriptions, are there things in game, such as rewards or drops from enemies, that will only appear or drop for subscribers but not for premium/FTP players?
  4. Castrato Well-Known Player

Nope. Everyone has the opportunity to grab lockboxes off of enemies, but the only differece is legendary members can open every single one for free and the free/premium players have to buy keys to unlock them.
  5. Fleetstdemon Active Player

Got it. Thanks.
  6. Red Templar Dedicated Player

Well if you are on USPS feel free to add Red Templar to you friends list. I will help you out where I can, and I am always running older content as well as the new stuff.

It's a game. I just have fun with it.