Make seasonal styles/gear you buy account bound.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, May 22, 2019.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The spring seasonal is almost over, which means the summer seasonal is going to be up next in the usual line up.

Now I've been considering buying some currency off the MP to get the full poison ivy style, but I have one problem with every seasonal style/gear that comes out: it's not account bound.

Why is this still the case in 2019? It's a (minor) inconvenience.

First off, I'm speaking from an alt perspective. If you make an alt, you always gotta first level it up to 10, get it to the watchtower, and then because currency is individuated among characters on your account, you have to get them the currency as well. So in this case: you could have already bought a 50 X currency item off the MP on one character, but that character can't buy the style that you may want on another character because it's not tradeable, and it's not unlockable.

"Oh but leveling's not that long, what's your deal?" Maybe I just want to spend some time customizing my new shiny and save the leveling for later? Maybe I just want to have a toon with the style already in hand. You can already do something like this with style unlocking.

"But why not push for seasonal styles to be apart of style unlocking?"
    A: I'm strongly in favor of this and everyone else is already pushing for it.
    B: Beyond that justification though, I just don't have the patience tbh. The last style unlocking update we had was in August of 2018, we've not seen any update since. Granted, the developers did state that style unlocking had no timeframe of any kind, I'm just looking for a more straight-forward fix to a somewhat minor inconvenience.

"Why do you want it to be account bound and not just buy the currency on that toon again?" Because it's more convenient. We can already buy the styles, they aren't tradeable or sellable on the broker as it is, they cost the same currency from running the same instance at the same combat rating, and so on....

So why can't we just send our seasonal styles/gear that we collected on one toon to our alts if we want them to equip it? We can literally send our alts base items, collection pieces and other stuff we buy from the seasonal vendor. (Granted, they're tradeable,not account bound) But... gear and styles we still can't send them to our alts once they are purchased on that particular character.

I'm not asking for them to be tradeable, I'm just asking for a small quality of life change and asking for seasonal gear/styles to be fully account bound moving forward.

Thank you for your time.
    • Like x 4
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Actually, you are asking for them to be tradable
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Uh no I'm not.

Account bound=You can only trade them to other characters on your account.

Tradeable= You can trade with everybody and everyone, no limits.

Yes they still involve trading, but they are two different terms of what's allowed to be done.
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What part of 'trade them to other characters on your account' does not register as being 'tradable'? o_O
    "I'm not asking for them to be tradable, I just want to be able to trade them with other characters"
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"I'm not asking for them to be tradable, I just want to be able to [share them with my other characters.]"
    • Like x 1
  6. myandria Item Storage

Unfortunately, *sharing* items within your account tags the items in the system as *tradeable*, even if it is account bound. There is no *share* tag in this game; an item is either tradeable within your account, tradeable by default, or not.

In short, there is no *sharing* between your characters in this game.
  7. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Account bound would be great, and even tradeable would be ok with me. if someone wants to spend the time and marks to then sell stuff, more power to them.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

True, account bound does (by definition) mean 'tradeable', but we all know there is a difference between the 2...he clearly stated 'account bound' more than once. Tradeable in your shared bank...and tradeable in the broker or via toon to toon trades are 2 very different things. Technically you cannot 'trade' account bound items....you cannot mail them or do a hand to hand trade...only move them in the shared bank, so although we'd call it 'trading' it's really 'banking' them in the shared bank. If you believe they are the same thing, please send me some Kryptonian feet or Raptor Tech hands next time you get them out of a promethium box.

I agree with this request. It would make life a lot easier when farming seasonals on alts. Sometimes I don't want a style on an alt, but don't have the marks on my main, but want to complete the feat. So I buy the style on my alt...claim the feat and just hope for some future round of style unlocking...or maybe next year's seasonal (whichever comes first, but I'd bet on the latter situation if I'm betting)...so I can get it on my main at some point.

I don't play dress up a lot, but seasonal styles are normally pretty interesting and unique...making them account bound would be appreciated.

Reinheld