Make Movement Gear as Accessory please?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

It's frustrating having to buy movement gear from Dr.Fate only to get a level 1 item where you lose all the stats. And you have to keep switching gear between moving vs combat. Why can't it be accessory so it won't affect the stats of the gear while equipping with the ability?

Like Joker Jetpack can be an accessory. Or speed ring or the gloves. They don't have to replace the existing gear where you lose all the stats of the gear just so you can have the movement.

I know I can purchase movement token and switch. But I don't want to have to change everytime I want to use the other movement. Each one has it's uses.
    • Like x 2
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I doubt they'll blur the lines between cosmetic and functional like that. However, every time the topic of movement mode imbalance comes up, I've been suggesting that until they have time to do a proper movement skill tree balance pass that they include rings for every movement mode with each new DLC like they did with the Dark Robins ring in the Death Metal aka Dark Knights episode. It's be an easy and effective band-aid on the problem until they have the time and resources to properly address it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

These were introduced as playful trinkets/iconic pieces that give you the traversal experience. They were not intended to aid you in combat, which is why they are level 1. They’ve added rings have do both - give you the movement style as well as stats.
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I wish. But as you know, this would kill the sales of movement tokens.
    There are, however, actually items with stats that do these things thankfully. Dark Robin Ring grants Acrobatics, Legion Flight Ring grants flight, and the Anniversary Speed Ring grants superspeed, and all have stats attached.

Currently, the anniversary speed ring is the only one in which stats get updated every year. The previous devs (before they left) mentioned they were thinking about adding the other movement types in the same fashion, but that idea seems to have gone into the wind since.
  5. Prindacerk Committed Player

The stats don't scale up so you still lose some value. Like if you buy the Legion ring, it would be far less than current Cursed Elite ring.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

True but the Legion ring is a lot closer to the Cursed JLD ring than it is to 0. And in clamped content, the legion flight ring would actually give identical primary role stats and higher secondary stats than the Cursed JLD rings.
    • Like x 3
  7. Prindacerk Committed Player

True. I noticed the big difference during the current Anniversary open world when I was struggling to kill adds with the Legion ring but was able to with Cursed ring. Compared the stats and it's pretty big. But like you said, not as bad as 0.

That's why I felt that the movement change should not impact the stats at all. It should be an accessory with 0 stats that we use when we want the other movement or have trouble navigating (flying instead of acrobat or superspeed).
  8. Sollace Well-Known Player

Not as an accessory, because too many accessories can't be fitted at the same time, and that's also very frustrating, it has to be detached.
  9. Prindacerk Committed Player

Also, Legion Flight Ring is a rare drop. Not like the Joker Jetpack you can buy from Dr.Fate.
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

It used to be a vault drop - exceptionally rare. They moved those items to Dr. Fate when the vault was changed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wait a min. You were 'struggling' to kill OW event adds because you were wearing a single ring that was 180 or whatever CR lower than a 'current' ring? What was the hit to your total CR? 10?...11? Assuming you are wearing at least purple gear that should still have you at 427, with the CR loss that should put you at 416 or so....14CR higher than 'endgame' CR. Sounds a bit over dramatic at that point.

While I get that if you were running it in endgame elite or something it would make a difference, but you should be able to REMOVE a ring and still kill OW adds. Probably a few pieces of gear actually.

Would it be nice as an accessory? Sure. Should it be the end of the world that prevents you from killing adds? No, not really.

BTW. I'm guessing it's at least a portion of the idea of these items. You sample the different movement mode, get kind of used to it and realize that for $10 or whatever, you can have the change permanently WITH full stats...sure, sign me up DBG.
  12. Prindacerk Committed Player

No. Actually I don't have the Legion Ring (rare drop right?). I was wearing the Joker Jetpack back piece which has 0 stats. Compared to that with Elite back piece, it's a significant stat drop. That's why I noticed the difference in damage.
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Ah, sounds like you’re trying to cheese a boss ;) :p
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, well you 'actually' said you noticed a difference while wearing the flight ring in the post I quoted...so I kind of worked off that info. It kind of makes it hard to take what you are saying seriously when you contradict what you already said. "I was struggling to kill adds with the Legion ring"....then "Actually I don't have the legion ring." See where that MIGHT make someone question what you are saying?

And still, even with the jetpack back. Were you losing 50 CR by removing the OP back piece? I'd guess not...and you'd be bumped to 402 in event area anyway. I just tested and going down on my 430 in her birthday suit (just keeping the weapon so I could shoot vs punch), I was 402 and dispatched adds easily, if a touch slower. Definitely not a 'struggle' by any sense of the word.

And they wouldn't really even have to make it an accessory. Just give us 3 options for our trinket (I guess 6 as you'd need one for 'role' too). It could come in a box for DPS or Role...you open the box and see 4 choices, one with no alteration to movement, one each with flight, acro or speed. The trinket, when equipped, in addition to the stats granted, could grant an alternative movement style, and NOT have to alter your outward appearance by having you HAVE to wear a flight/acro/speed accessory.
    • Like x 1
  15. Prindacerk Committed Player

Yeah. I mistyped in there. Was thinking of the backpack and typed the ring. My fault entirely.

Don't know why else I would see the slow struggle with the adds. With the elite back, I was able to kill adds and move through the area easily. With the jetpack, it was taking time and I died a few times as well. And only change was the back piece. Everything else was the same.

I'm good with a trinket too. Any option that would work as long as it doesn't reduce the stats or we need to keep upgrading every episode..
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I mean, sure....I suppose it would be a little bit slower...I saw that as much, but just figured 'struggle' was a bit of a stretch. In the event areas especially, where a low piece of gear wouldn't really matter, as the event buff will bring up your overall stats.

No worries. Trinket to me would work better and wouldn't require altering your character look. I can imagine that we'd get some terrible 'flight' accessory like the giant wings Oracle bot has or some silly monkey claws for acrobatics or something. No thanks. I'm not really a 'appearance' guy, but I wouldn't want to be forced to have any particular style just to take advantage of some kind of non appearance benefit. That's why I always kind of liked the rings ideas...they just need a way to update the older ones like the speed force one gets a refresh every year.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

This is a tough one tho but devs can make the gear to where we can convert it to our current equipped gear.
    Joker Jetpack > Covert to currently equipped back piece gear.
    I don't know but maybe devs can make some cool styles from old days to be converted.
    Like Joker Jetpack can be an accessory. Or speed ring or the gloves. They don't have to replace the existing gear where you lose all the stats of the gear just so you can have the movement.
    • Like x 1
  18. Prindacerk Committed Player

That's exactly what I proposed. A movement accessory that people can choose to show/hide in appearance.
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think accessories are visual only, like auras…there is no other programming tied to those slots - correct me if I’m wrong!

Adding in the ability to change movement from an accessory slot would take programming work…and why would they?…especially when they can continue to add it to the ring slot (gear pieces) that already are coded for this.
    • Like x 2
  20. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I think they should make it so you can respec your movement mode anytime you respec skill points. Just use something like the specialization they use for the stat point, you can only select one at time but can swap between when respec.

Maybe link the ability to access the movement modes to getting all platinums in the classic races or something. Then convert movement repec tokens to power respec tokens.