Make essences account bound please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zpred, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Zpred Dedicated Player

As the title states can we please have it so essences like vindictive, monsterous etc are at least account bound. I see no real reason why they couldn't be.

This would make it so handy for toons/alts for gen mods and equipment mods.

Thanks in advance.
    • Like x 9
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't get why they aren't tradeable. I understand they want people to grind for mods but I mean c'mon, when you don't need them anymore or upgrade to a stronger mod, they just sit in your inventory. Don't see why we can't sell them to people who still need it.
    • Like x 7
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

Well yeah that too, but that's why I put at least account bound. If they were even tradeable super great but if not at least account bound, no decent real reason why they cannot be.

Plus it's another one of those small qol features that makes a big difference in people's play in general, sometimes it's just the smallest things that make the biggest differences.
    • Like x 1
  4. Perdition Committed Player

well, at the current pricing of those mods i would love nothing more for them to be account bound. Crafting those mods is a complete joke and way overpriced. so indeed, the least they can do is make them account bound...
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Right before the revamp dropped, the broker was actually completely empty of Olympian mods because so many people were stock piling them to use with the mod conversion kits.

I imagine the amount of essence/materials in the world didn't meet the demands
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

what makes it worse is that not even generator mods are accound bound tradeable...
    now, we got essences you can only make those and if your character is equipped with all generator mods,
    the essences are basicly trash because you can not give them to alts, nor make mods for them with it...
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah it is a bit annoying. You can still somewhat "trade" them, but you have to have a trustworthy person. I sell all of my SF related crafting stuff to one guy. Mostly though I just sell the time-warped essence. He tells me which equipment mods he wants, gives me everything but the essence, and I craft them for a nice profit. It was definitely better then letting them sit there pilling up. When I first started selling to him I had in between 700-800 essence just sitting there. Not counting the focusing and core elements.

What is truly annoying is having to craft older stuff only to delete it or throw it away. When I started playing this game AF3 was still end-game, and I got halfway into crafting my generator/equipment mods when AoJ was released. As a result I put all of that on the back burner aside from the equipment mods. Right as I finally got caught up on those to where I could perhaps focus on something else they release the RWC Goons mods. I finished those earlier in the week but I still needed to make 6 Olympian generator mods for that feat. I've made 4 so far and it is just a waste. I cannot sell them, tribute them, or really do anything with them. At the very least make them something we can tribute for prestige. I can't bring myself to delete them yet. It definitely would be nice if they could be traded or at the least sold to a vendor for something.

I truly do not mind the prices. I salvage every single piece of gear that I have, and as a result I have enough materials to fund the crafting of at least myself and 2 close friends. All the core/focusing elements pile up easily if you just run that content. The essence purifiers are the reason I have a massive signature full of alts. The main thing that I have a problem with is throwing all of this material into something that is a 50 point feat, but since I was not around for the full stent of AF3 I am basically throwing away all of those materials. Account bound on the generator mods or the essence would be nice.
  8. Zpred Dedicated Player

9. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

simple. less replays will be used.
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yes yes please.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

+100.

Honestly as a whole, modding needs to become less annoying. Trying to mod now is far too tedius and disencouraging. I'm all for working your *** off for good stats but this is going overboard and it's not even hard, just irritating.