make berserk the only 100% SC

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Red Skorpion, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Giggles Loyal Player

@Hornet

I do not believe anyone can say Rage is balanced after watching this video below. This video only shows everyone why Rage needs to be looked at further. Also please notice Outrage and Berserk in this video. :)

2. Alexonic Committed Player

sooo, rage is not op:

cause oneshots are balanced
    • Like x 1
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

That was a horrible video to demonstrate Rage man. You purposely let yourself be countered in Open World where there is no Crit Cap (I've seen people pretty much 2 shot in Open World from counters and one combo from all sorts of power sets). Don't get me wrong, I agree Beserk is a powerful 50% SC Buff along with Rage in general but that video isn't very good at demonstrating it.
    • Like x 4
  4. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

you make it seem like you have to use outrage only.. u can use Block breakers or use dreadful blast or just be near enough someone who's getting berserked on
    • Like x 1
  5. ??? Well-Known Player

Not even that, you can focus a pet that won´t block and wipe everyone lol.
  6. Zim New Player

I dont think there should be ANY 100% SC in the game.

Beserk could use a little attention, but...... We are basing our opinions from what 8 people are doing on the test server. Lets let it come live on the PS and PC where the main population can mess around with it and then we'll find out whats needs adjustment.

Until then I am holding off any judgement on what needs to be balanced and what doesnt.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ogat New Player

Do You people realise the sc takes all of your already high damage which you can deal to any hostile target in an area (so you pick the one you can damage), and due to not splitting on two delievers back it back twice on everyone within this area in form of unblockable might damage? Bringing up other sc's to this lvl is not the answer because this would effectively kill pvp, we'd have a situation where people would be bombarding each other with nuclear Nukes all the time.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zpred Dedicated Player

That video above just demonstrates how good weapon mastery is combined with rage, that specific wm combo is very strong as it has the combined massive aoe damage of 1h and dw, but tbh that video is invalid to what this topic title is about, but hey you know giggles always wanting a Nerf on something.

On topic: Beserk, granted there are no other supercharge like it, I suppose that's what makes it unique, surely not every sc should do the same thing because that would be boring, but I agree they should do away with 100% sc in all powers, an maybe buff some up a tad.

Also about beserk and rage there is a lot of risk involved.

You don't just cast it and does damage, it will do nothing, it accumulates all the damage you did and re applies, however you have to be in melee range.

The risk:

outrage-vulnerable to block- on ya back side.

Revenge-vulnerable to block -on ya back side.

The scratch combo (apologies forgot the name)- vulnerable to block- on ya back side,

Dreadful blast- vulnerable to interupt- on ya back side,

Plasma retch- vulnerable to interupt, on ya back side,

E chain- vulnerable to block (full combo) you know where I'm going with this.

In PVP this is very easy to counter, now these combat mechanics are in PVE fully, can be difficult to pull off, granted when pulled of it does do good damage.

Most of these videos you see including kaisers are people that are very good dps's. They utilise dps to the max potential on what can be done, also what you have to consider most videos show the perfect hit, perfect rotation and so on, you don't see many videos of the opposite where they are constantly getting block broken, interrupted etc etc and falling and dieing, and let me tell you it's not as smooth as these vids show most of time, of course not because people would laugh and it doesn't premote much and it doesn't give people the chance to qq so much in which I see on here so much.

I mean come on people get a grip with this constant qq.
  9. Zpred Dedicated Player

Alex you do make me laugh sometimes, that video was a poor poor demonstration lets be honest, i can't figure you out sometimes, when I ran with you once in para with VOLGIN too and you went in prison I could here you proper screaming at him to get you out the prison, and then at the end you 2 argueing about the dmg numbers because neither of you was top of the board.. Was quite embarrassing to hear you guys arguing over that.

Then you do some good footage of some 1 man stuff which is quite impressive and now you go back to qqing lol, with a poor vid demonstrating nothing.
    • Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

worst berserk demonstration ever

epic fail

-u could have countered the outrage combo
    -u could have countered berserk with ur own heal SC
    -u could used atleast some heals/shield

...instead u just decided to spam tap to be countered by a outrage combo ending in a big hit of berserk!

PS: this doesnt mean i say berserk is not strong!
    • Like x 1
  11. Ogat New Player

Would berserk only Proc of Rage combos you might have a point, But it does not- you bb someone for 3k with berserk active He'll get hit for another 3k on top, aditionally his buddy next to him will get 3k as well.. This works on pets too- absolutely no need to attack the player if you can get the berserk procs damaging the team surrounded by say brick, or turret. also you're not a mindless animal derping away with rage combos, yes your opponents can get immunities, but so can you all it takes for a rage guy is to counter one person and he can insta wipe the whole team without worrying about beeing countered.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zpred Dedicated Player

I can agree on what you are saying, and as I said once pulled off can do some pretty mean damage, but people have to consider everything to this power, and not what they just see in certain videos, they need to consider the risk vs the reward ( like th devs said), but I do understand where your coming from, thing is there's way too many factors, and a lot of ways to counter a rage player using beserk weather it's a weapon combo or rage combo, the thing is this move can be your best friend or your worst enemy.
  13. xM1ABRAMSx New Player

You know what would stop this, if they make it so that the rage crash moves like relentless anger and severe punishment only worked while in tank role then RAGE DPS would never try to fight close combat. Also kaiser is on PC and his Keyboard is modded so yeah his ability to still clip fast is due to that.
  14. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I highly doubt his keyboard is modded, I can clip just as fast and I use nothing other than a normal keyboard setup. Just cause someone clips fast doesn't mean they're using something extra to achieve it.

Back to outrage, it does need an adjustment but not to be made a 100% SC. Maybe make it split.
  15. xM1ABRAMSx New Player

he posted a video where he shows his modded keyboard lol.
  16. xM1ABRAMSx New Player

and this is Why DCUO needs to get rid of ARENAS PVP and just leave LEGENDS PVP. The devs have to nerf powers because people are getting owned by it in pvp, but if you try using these OP combos on PVE content like NEXUS or DOX half the time your interupted by the bosses. PVE and PVP should just have their own servers and make adjustments to powers for each server
    • Like x 2
  17. Alexonic Committed Player

so you guys saying that is normal being oneshotted if the rage counter you ONE time...

if the rage gets immunity in arena then use out rage+35% skill (dunno the name) while in berserk, he kills everyone...there are no powers in the game that can kill an entire team with 2 combo + sc
    with my friends i'm a show man, i like to make them laugh...i scream even when i die and i'm dps, just to make fun...
    just for example, if i'm in prision and also the healer is in prision, i would say to my friends 'fu** the healer, free me!'
    • Like x 1
  18. SuperBlur Level 30

using one of the best pve'r to make a point does not hold much credibility
  19. Brice Allen Loyal Player

If a team is organized they can prevent a player from killing their team. We've lived through quite a few Beserks with just one Healer against other premades and we've had a few Beserks go to waste because the opposing team CC'd or utilized Consecrated Ground properly. Now that being said, that doesn't mean I don't think Beserk isn't bananas. It really is. If you don't recognize the signs of a player going Beserk it will end up wiping you.
  20. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I take it back, I guess he really does mod his keyboard. That's still possible with a plain keyboard however :p