MAIL IS BROKEN. FIX IT NOW! PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 1stCmdMent, May 29, 2019.

1. 1stCmdMent Level 30

I've tried to retrieve mail on two different toons and both times I was unable to receive my items. The first was mail that I sent from one toon that had sent a Chaos Gotham collection before the servers went down today. And the second was mail from the Broker from an item that had expired. Now, let me be clear, this isn't too big of a lost at the moment IF I don't try to think to hard because I did have a few 100k items also listed.
    However, I HAVE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR items on the broker that I know for sure across my multiple toons (19) total. I'm beyond scared to even think about what item that I've already lost from the broker due to the mailing system era (There was a problem with retrieving item) message. And to think about the possibility of LOOSING MORE items that are listed rather it be to sales or expirations. FIX IT AND FIX IT NOW. RIGHT NOW PLEASE. A
  2. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Adding 'please' on the end of a sentence written in capitals, following a sentence highlighted in red, demanding 'now,' and finishing with an explanation mark, doesn't disguise its petulance or rudeness.
    People are more inclined to be sympathetic and helpful if you are at least polite.
    • Like x 1
  3. El Guapo Well-Known Player

To be honest his post is pretty civil given the possibility of him losing all his stuff. He's expressing his anger. He has a right to express his anger. He pays for a product thats supposed to work. Its a pretty civil angry post if u ask me.
    Now although it might be fixed and might not need to panic, having something as important as mail not work makes people worry. Excuse him for having a normal human reaction.
    • Like x 5
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 1
  5. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Agreed, it is mostly civil... just the title and last couple sentences.
    Well, is getting angry and shouting and making demands normal acceptable behaviour? It's the sort of thing a five year old might do. Having a tantrum. :)
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sorry, what? Would you be upset if your most valuable items suddenly disappeared for no good reason?

Would you care if you left your laptop on the table at a restaurant and someone took it when you were using the bathroom?

I guess only a 5 year old would get upset about that, right?:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  7. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

I'm all for politeness...but I empathize with the OP, as I'm losing my patience as well.

I logged in to a character last night to have the same thing happen. Invisible mail attachments turning into no attachment at all. I didn't log into any other characters, as I hoped not clicking on any more attachments will hopefully make them not disappear and hopefully the issue would be acknowledged and fixed with the update today.
    The same issue with the mail and the broker happened a few months ago. Money and items were lost.

Not only was it seemingly not fixed with the update...it has yet to be even acknowledged.

Instead we got an update that provided the paying customers with spam that we're unable to turn off, a new gambling box, and survival mode.
    One out of three ain't bad.

For the last...half a year?...the game has been crashing and disconnecting us.
    How this isn't an all-hands-on-deck priority #1 issue is bewildering.
    If it happens during an instance (which of course it has, many a time)...and you're not in a pre-made group that can invite you back, we've not gotten loot and wasted our time.

But rather than insuring server stability, we've gotten an announcement that DCUO will be coming to a new platform, gambling boxes, and spam.

Perhaps what's most disappointing is that if the issue was a glitch in one of their gambling boxes...well, then. The sky is falling. The game shuts down. The glitchers get reprimanded (which i view somewhat akin to blowing on a **** whistle while you're ****** someone).
    But server stablility? Us being dc'd during instances for months on end is low on the priority list.
    Fixing mail & broker stability so the paying customers don't lose items & millions of in-game dollars is low on the priority list.
    PVP (which at one time was the most fun I had in the game) is a lost cause.

Instead we get breakthrough failures (that make my disdain grow exponentially for those that implemented the system every time it fails) that can be avoided with purchases from the marketplace. We get gambling boxes that can be purchased through the marketplace. We get now spam that I can't turn off, even though it has absolutely nothing to offer me (New players? Great. But I know where to get my information from. Or lack thereof, as the case may be, when it comes to a mail & broker glitch that's been happening since yesterday).

So pretty please.
    I look forward to an update that doesn't make the game worse than it used to be.
    • Like x 4
  8. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Sure, I'd be upset, but that doesn't mean I'd have a tantrum about it.
    Shouting and making demands doesn't help your cause. He clearly isn't aware of that.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What tantrum?

You seem to equate expressing displeasure over a legitimate complaint with being childish, which is definitely not the case.
    • Like x 5
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The mail is definitely screwed up.
    I just received someones mail. It said that I sold so & so for 10m. My items are still in the broker.

You definitely might want to get someone to start looking at this and not send them to support.
    • Like x 1
  11. mdharlem Active Player

I've started experiencing this yesterday and it is still happening. Initially thought it was a fluke or just me mismanaging my inbox, but after seeing these posts, I see it's not just me.
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

I did that once and reached out to you. There was NOTHING that could be done about my missing mail.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not on a private forum, actually. Private forums can make whatever rules they like and enforce them as they wish, so long as they don't violate the law in some way.

That word, "right": it's greatly misused. It may be reasonable to expect a person staying within the TOS will have the PRIVILEGE of posting to the DCUO (or any other online) forums, but there's no legal right involved whatsoever.

I really wish people would stop claiming they have this and that "right" to do or say something on these forums. Because NOBODY has such a "right."
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Actually public forum, private company.

There was nothing wrong with the OP, they were clearly reasonably upset, he didn't swear or abuse someone, he just made demands but that's what the forums are for.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Remember that not all rights are legal.

Rights can be inherent to humanity, such as the right to an education or the right to know the truth. Wives have a right to expect their husbands will be faithful. These aren't legal rights (well, the education one is according to the UN)

Sometimes people use the term right in this figurative sense, not a legal one. In other words, we could replace that sentence with "He has the freedom as a human being to express his anger."
    • Like x 1