Loyalty Vendor and Points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Oct 30, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

So... Got Legendary on the Switch because once you hit JLD on, you start getting way too much stuff you have to hold onto and no room to put it as a F2P. Of course, I could just delete it, but the problem still remains after every instance. (Heck, with basic Legendary, I still end up capping my inventory sometimes, but this conversation is for another thread.)

There are just a few of questions when it comes to the Loyalty system they have in place for the monthly stipend.

1. Why are the vendors in the safehouses and not anywhere else? HQs would make more sense to have them there. Heck near Booster Gold's Quarks vendor.
    2. Why does it not contain the same things as the Marketplace? This confuses me and makes a little surprised, since it's supposed to work as Station Cash works for PC. Why aren't there things like artifact stuff on here? Why does it have WV augments catalysts?
    3. Why isn't there a way to combine your loyalty rewards with marketplace cash to buy something? It comes from the legendary perk. The creation of the MP currency was to help with this transition long ago. Something like being able to buy Loyalty points with MP currency would be better than the other way around. Unless I'm missing something here.
    4. Why is it ALL in one long tab? This game has the capability to separate items by tabs, please do this for styles, lair, upgrades, etc. There is NO REASON why I need to scroll so many items. lol Very slow to do with a controller.
    Finally, I'd like to apologize to any console player that I may have offended because of my Loyalty system ignorance. I'm aware of it now and it is pretty bad. lol
    • Like x 1
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I suggested to have a amenity for this and 1 for donating added to the game probably a year or 2 back. But as you see nothing has happened yet. Hopefully they will get around to it.
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

1. This was a choice early on when Loyalty Points/Station Cash (now Daybreak Cash) were added as a membership bonus. At the time, there was till a reason to go back to open world Metro and Gotham regularly, so you were going through the safehouses often. If they insist on sticking with the Loyalty vendor system (more on that later), it would be nice to have more options on where to go since seasonals are really the only reason for late game members to visit the safehouses.
    2. This is simply things being overlooked, since they have to add things to two places. We've gotten some things added by complaining in the past, but things aren't always added right away. I've personally pointed out that the Artifact XP is missing several times, but it still has not been added.
    3. Back when Loyalty Points/Station cash (now Daybreak Cash) were added as a membership benefit, every marketplace transaction on PS3 (the only console at the time) was a PSN transaction. So the benefit as proposed for PC would have required essentially a $5 US refund to your PSN wallet every month, something that wasn't supported by Sony and was also undesirable for SOE (now Daybreak) since you could spend that $5 elsewhere. Since the MP and Loyalty vendor are two separate systems, there isn't a way to purchase items with some from each. The console marketplace did move away from only PSN transactions, but it was explicitly stated that this was to give the Devs greater flexibility for sales. Before the change, the Devs would have to wait for a PSN store update to start or end a sale. Now that we have MP cash, sales can happen whenever and even at a moments notice (for however long the Devs want) without intervention from Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. We are also able to have the membership discount, which couldn't have otherwise happened since the PSN store doesn't evaluate your membership to a game, so it only had fixed prices for items.
    4. This is due to the limitation of in game vendors. The only available tabs in the UI are Purchase, Sell, Repair, and Buy back. They have worked on some filters for the vendors in the new episode, which will hopefully make it to the Loyalty vendor (as long as it remains) and the two vendors with items for quarks.
    There is one other downside to the Loyalty vendor that you may not have noticed. The membership discount is not applied at the Loyalty Vendor, as that was not possible when the vendor was introduced. However, several different vendors since then (the quark vendors and even the Aether vendor in WV) have membership discounts on items, so this could be added if they decide to go back an code it. It should provide the discount as long as you have an active membership, then remove the discount once your membership expires (since you can still use remaining Loyalty Points even once your membership expires). Some of the recent MP sales have had the sale percentage adjusted on the Loyalty vendor, but the actual membership discount was never applied.
    I mentioned several times "if the Loyalty vendor system remains". This is something you may have started to see from my response in 3. The reason for the Loyalty vendor system was removed when we switched to Marketplace Cash for most MP transactions on consoles (way back at the launch of the PS4). With the introduction of MP Cash, the console monthly bonus should have switched to 500 MP Cash, with all remaining Loyalty Points converted to MP Cash. This could still be done now. The amount of MP Cash on your account is a number stored on Daybreak servers, and is not controlled by Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo, and very likely can't even be seen by them. So there would be no implications for them if this change takes place. They get a cut of any transaction that happens with your console wallet (mostly membership purchases and MP Cash purchases, but there are a few other things as well). Some people have claimed that they get a cut when you spend MP Cash (as well or instead of at the console wallet transaction), but this simply would not make sense from a business standpoint. Also, how far removed from the wallet transaction would they continue to get a cut? Would they get a cut when you use Replay Badges, Source Marks (which can now be purchased), Stabilizers, and Quarks? No, they can only see when you use your console wallet, and take their cut there (and just there). Technically, you are paying the console company for an item, then they let the game know you made a purchase and give the game company the money for the item minus their cut.
    Removing the Loyalty vendor system resolves several of the open issues.
    • The Devs would no longer would miss adding items that console players could purchase with their monthly reward.
    • They wouldn't need to maintain the secondary vendor for seasonal offerings or other MP changes.
    • They wouldn't need to update the UI for this vendor, since transactions with the monthly reward would be in the existing MP and players can already easily find what they want there.
    • Console players would no longer need to go out of their way to use the monthly reward.
    • The usefulness of this benefit for console players would become the same as for PC players (combining your monthly reward with your own cash to buy something).
    • The MP membership discount would apply to purchases with the monthly reward without reworking an in game vendor.
    Edit: sorry for the long response, but this is one of my pet peeves with the game.
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, but we have vendors everywhere for repairs and what not. I still don't understand why only in safehouses. lol But I understand that reasoning.

I feel they don't want to, because they can add the WV catalysts, just fine.

So it's essentially an obsolete system that should be redone and absorbed into the MP. It still doesn't make sense why you aren't able to buy LP. I can understand the other way, which is why I didn't say that, but you are using MP to buy LP.
    Its kind of disappointing in that regard tbh, they could have made a special version that allowed for tabs to be renamed and sorted out. I'm aware of all vendors being the same, they just disable "repair" on most.
    I noticed it and you know what, they have tech in place that can actually do that, but I bet like how they have to add it, probably requires it to be done by hand.

It should probably be absorbed into it.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For whatever reason, those type of vendors are easier to add and maintain and only require a few updates vs the regular updates the LP vendor needs to go through.

Those items are added manually by a person (not a pre-set script), and just like anything done by people, it's easy to overlook (hence why people make threads reminding them that they've forgotten to add certain things).

Redoing the system with the spaghetti code that can easily break something unintentionally is no small task. Like everything in this game, they prioritize. This just happens to fall pretty low on the list (as of now at least).

As for why they never made it an option to buy Loyalty points? That's a mystery we'll have to live with (unless they one day choose o enlighten us).

The regular vendors are pretty much copy and paste, and then they add the code representing the new items. The LP vendor is likely more woven into other code that could potentially break something, so a different approach is needed there.

Maybe this is something they are working on, and being a big foundational system requires more time and testing. It's also possible that this is all being included along with the membership perk changes that Mepps hinted at.