Lower Level Content Near Impossible To Complete

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Sep 19, 2017.

1. MastaMind Dedicated Player

You've also played the game for a long time I am assuming? Again why the developers should take what is said on these forums with a grain of salt since most of it comes from people who have spent half a decade on here. It makes it almost impossible to empathize with someone who is new to the game. Imagine knowing absolutely nothing about anything, and more so not having a league or friends to fall back on. It makes it a bit more difficult I can assure you.

As for the OP. I wouldn't give up on the villain side. At a certain point there is no difference between the two really because all the missions are cross faction. I have some hero characters now and I've noticed the same issue with queue times on most lower level content. Depending on your servers (I'm US PS4/PC/PS3) I would be willing to help out. I also have characters that are pretty close to that level (Around 60 CR) and I can do that or just heal you through stuff.
    • Like x 2
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's just it, they are not cross faction until after T4.

And just because someone like me has been here for 7 years doesn't mean I can't empathize with a new player. OMG, you have no clue what a real harsh community is. I started on TKJ, The Killing Joke. It was a PvP server. We didn't have safe areas to play, do races, etc. Missions while leveling didn't just appear as they do now. You pretty much are lead thru the story now. Back then, you have to find the dude in the city to start the next mission. Plus, there weren't treasure chest jewelry, TC gear, vault gear, etc.

While I do have empathy for a new player, I'm not gonna sit here and listen to people saying it's harder now. Cause it's not. If you were talking about gearing up from T1 thru T4, I'd agree, but not leveling.
    • Like x 2
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

This. I have been levelling a hero and realized that, past some specific time, it's 100% useless to queue for alerts and raids past certain time, because NOBODY does them. You will even have to wait a while to do duos, so either play early in the day or level on solo content.
    • Like x 3
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes I have been playing the game since.... oct??? 2011.

But I did not do anything special..... just made a few new characters and played the missions as they appeared in my journal same as if I was a new plpayer..... and sped up through the leveling process at lightning speed.

Already they sped up how fast you are levelling up.
    Then they give you an XP boost that makes you level up even faster.

You used to be about level 9 when doing the Watchtower missions.
    Now you are Level 14+ when reaching the WT mission.

Even faster if you get the Lexcorp Starter Pack thanks to the XP boost it gives.
    With the Lexcorp Pack you are level 19+ when you reach the WT.

No League.... no friends.
    Just playing the missions as they are available.

I empathize a LOT with new players.... and I don't need to imagine......I play with them pretty often. ;) ;)

Yes..... what is said should be taken with a grain of salt... heck a barrel of salt. ;) ;)

Which is why I have video evidence. ;) ;)

2 years ago I reached the WT at level 10;

NOW at level 14;

NOW using the Lexcorp Starter Pack level 19;

They DID increase the speed at which we level up. And they keep on adding tools that will allow players.... even new ones.... to level up faster.
    Just playing the missions.... new players will level up faster.... thanks to how they increased the speed at which our characters level up.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Prior to the revamp..... you could level up quick and and still not play a single raid.
    Before GU73.... you could speed trough Tiers NO Raid required.

I even have examples of that.
    Here from Level 29 to CR 61 in just a few hours (yes...... there is a Typo in the Thumbnail ;) ).
    No raid required. ;) ;)

And I did not even try to go as fast as I could.
    I would even stop and explain things and stuff. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. BustaPrimes Level 30

I'm from TKJ server also lol, and yeah I agree it was much harder back then just like many things that have now been simplified like having universal marks instead of a different mark for every gear set and stuff. I do feel they should come up with some sort of solution though cause in all fairness it was easy for us to queue content back then cause everything was new at the time, even though it was still hard for us to complete some stuff like kahndaq, that was a nightmare in a pug group and ninja looting was annoying.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Agreed. Not sure how some people can say it's harder now even if Alert and Raid take forever to queue for.

Gearing from T1 to T4.... pretty easy to do. Did it many times barely playing any group missions.
    Not sure why that is even an issue for experienced players all of a sudden. :confused:

I can get how some new players struggle once they reach level 30 because they have no clue as to what to do.....
    which is why I made this;

Could there be more info for new players?? Absolutely. But once you figure it out..... pretty easy afterward to progress.
    Unless you are a new player playing his very first character..... gearing from T1 to T4...... very easy to do even if all you do is play solo/duos.

This thread inspired me..... I will use one of my characters to reach T5 doing solo missions only.
    Thanks guys. ;) ;)
  9. Nydia Level 30

LOL
    Mostly people make toons and then they quit while the toon is under 35 cr

I even have a toon that is like 34cr and because of the ques.

if only we can be able to walk in the lower level duos

FYI i made a villain also
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

When that happens my young padawan..... you then have no choice but to take the lonely path of the lone solo warrior. ;)

You can raise your CR fairly quickly just doing the solo missions.

Been doing that mostly because.... group content.... sadly more often then not is pretty much unplayable now thanks to GU73.
    This video has an example of the LoA mission (around 02;43;00) where someone just rushed ahead thinking he could solo the darn thing.
    Spoiler Alert..... he could not. ;)
  11. kabeq Well-Known Player

Yeah, I have something like 23 alts now. I'm with you 100% on your second point. Bored to death with the grind.
    • Like x 1
  12. kabeq Well-Known Player

LoL, I forgot about all those servers. Which reminds me...I WANT MY NAME BACK! LoL
  13. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

I started out on Darkness Falls. It's been so long, I had forgotten that we had servers.
  14. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

No idea what the goals are for Day Break and this game.

I play both sides, find the content equally challenging to PUG. It's really sad that a T2 raid cannot be completed with the recommend CR players (at thigh end). Testing either failed or Day Break couldn't care less about game breaking destabilizing changes they've made.
    I'm talking about the handful of elitist players who enjoy grinding content spending 40 minutes plus in the same content.

I don't want to grind through an alert at a caterpillars pace where getting through the trash mobs is finger tiring. Maybe this is no longer a game for me, or maybe my play object is just going to have to change.

I like some of the changes, the Skill point and power layout, having access to all powers, additional loadouts, and the like.

Really don't like the sever damage reduction running a char with T8 gear in a T4 or lower...
    Carrying lower players is a big part of the game, teaching lower levels, proving a faster path to getting their CR/SP up to the leagues base play levels for participation with the leagues events.

I still play the game (though now it's to just fill in the missing collections and what not) but a non-paying premium user. I've allowed my yearly subscriptions (yes more than one, was supporting other players) to expire. Looking at this latest round of nerfing (or further pooping down of the game) I'll not be picking those subscriptions back up.
    Have some previously purchased/earned MC and loyalty currency. May use that to purchase something like the utility belt or lair system. No more buying badges, tokens to respec/power/etc, cosmetic items, toys, those Time Capsule keys, or the like. ok, I've never purchased those time capsule keys.

Maybe once i've finished those collections a free player can complete and finished briefings/investigations I'll try the content I really don't like for those feats. Races/PvP {ugh, such a one sided fail upwards ... yuck fest}/legends.

Anyway, it's still a great idea of a game and thank you for the new content that I won't be able to access (my choice). Now how about putting some focus on the long outstanding issues, or actively monitoring shout chat channels, ...

Stop the shout channel hate, inflammatory comments, SPAM, vulgarity, and other toxic speech.
    • Like x 5
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

a dlc with a major baddie...it takes all heroes and villains and even their superpets/cars to stop the whole multiverse from...YAWN!!!...you know the rest...but at least heroes could buddy up to circe (seems like flattery will get you everywhere types) finally and villains could try to distract batman and tie his shoelaces together...or something...
  16. Tarif Committed Player

Yep, and they have made players feel like 5+ years of work meant absolutely nothing now. This game wont get another dime from me until it actual makes my stats matter in the right manner, and provide the progression and work Ive put into my character again. I dont do well with nerfs this bad, after paying all the money that I have in game, on replay badges, grinding feats, purchasing marketplace items, just to have that growth and progression stripped away because of the opinions of a very small minority on the test servers.

I aint going, and neither is my wallet. Way I see things right now is, they arent getting me to fall for garbage again.

I have hopes that they will get to balancing our stats in comparison to actual tiered level content and to those players that dont actually have the SPs a whole hell of a lot better than they are now, balance our roles properly, and get our powers on an equal playing field as the "STATS ARE SUPPOSED TO MATTER" revamp promised, but Im not holding my breath or spending my money while Im waiting.

I love this game, as a player and customer, and have supported it very very well over the years. Right now, with the way things are, other games are getting my money for memberships when I would rather just be a very active player on this one again. I kept my membership going this month for this update and new content. I want to play it, but then Im done with subbing and paying monthly, and with paying additional money, sometimes $100+ a month on time capsules, replays ect., unless I see some serious changes to our games horrible imbalances.

This does not even feel like a super hero game anymore. I feel like all the growth and progression has been taken from my character. Even old content, its all do-able, but its like working over time at work. Its long, drawn out, and tedious, and sure as hell is not a representation to the growth and progression I have made in game.
    • Like x 3
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i haven't logged onto the game since *monday night. thats a big deal for me. even then it was for about half an hour of game play and then however long it took me to disconnect due to inactivity.

thought i'd be in a corner somewhere convulsing but i'm not.

never made it secret how much i love this game. its why all this upsets me so much. almost seven years in and the game
    is unplayable. not because of a hack or unforeseen technical issues or lengthy content droughts but because of intentional design.

all of this should have been avoided.
    • Like x 1
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i cant think of any era when this game WAS properly managed...from the ps account hack onward this game has been a sinking ship caught in a storm...
  19. SilkyPawz Bunny

I about spit my coffee out .. LoL :D
  20. EP Ice Loyal Player

I don’t think the issue is leveling a toon but not being able to complete content due to ques taking forever and no one wanting to join a group for said content. The other side effect of leveling fast is missing out on skill points from the missed content. CR is not as relevant anymore but SP/stats is.

Someone can pretty much skip T4 & T5 all together if they wanted to and still continue progressing. But, how many skill points are they missing out on?