Love the new daily rewards, just 1 minor complaint.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG ELITE, Sep 13, 2021.

1. OG ELITE Committed Player

Been playing this game since forever and I was completely burnt out on the vault so I love this new system. The only complaint I have is it doesn’t seem to reset during daily resets. I believe it’s on a timer and I don’t like that because everyday my reset is a little later. Devs would it be too much to ask to make the claimable rewards reset during the daily resets? My rewards didn’t reset until 1 AM yesterday so I basically miss a day even though I was online. If I would’ve been awake to claim them at 1 though then tonight I’d have to wait until after 1 am again.
    • Like x 6
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If I remember correctly it is reset at a specific time but I forgot what time it was. They said that they plan on adjusting to reset with daily reset. If it does than it will probably reset with the us server reset. Not sure if it’s been changed yet or not. I haven’t had any issue collecting rewards
    • Like x 1
  3. Cordelia Well-Known Player

It currently resets at midnight UTC, which is 5 pm Pacific time (8 pm Eastern).

Mepps said they are working on fixing it, but did not give an estimate of when.
    • Like x 2
  4. Lady Mystyk Active Player

Resets 8:30pm EDT.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

My only worry is that I have two accounts and I'm afraid I'll forget to log on in time and miss the cutoff for the daily rewards if it's not completely clear when the day resets. Hopefully it'll get uniform reset times coming up
    • Like x 2
  6. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

As I recall, as long as you log in 21 days in the month you can get all the rewards even if you miss a few days.
    • Like x 4
  7. Panderus Senior Producer

We are working on linking its reset up to loot lock times. Glad you enjoy it!
    • Like x 8
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

Can you also set it so that when the claim window comes up it defaults to the day you are on? It makes no sense to have to page over to your day to see what the rewards will be before you click Claim, the current day should be the center day of your view when the UI pops up.
    • Like x 6
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I gave up on daily logins because I couldn't tell when reset was and I have limited times I can login. Without knowing if I had already missed too many days to get my helmet, it didn't make sense I keep trying when it might have been pointless.

1. Claim window should open on login.
    2. There needs to be a countdown to reset indicated.
    3. There also needs to be an indicator toward the monthly goal/reward so people know if they've lost their progress towards it or whatever.
    • Like x 8
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I feel like I paid my 15 dollars already, why force me to log in? It feels like a chore. I use to be able to log in at my leaisure and now logging in feels compulsory. If i was free to play, fine let me work for it but I paid money for these items why not give it to me upfront. I'm still going to play. Making me log in for a reward daily isn't going to make me play anymore than i usually did. It just adds more inconvenience to my life. i travel a lot and have been bringing my ps with me simply to log in claim rewards and log out. That's not fun to me.
    • Like x 1
  11. Panderus Senior Producer

This system replaces the rewards you would have gotten from doing the Stabilizer and vault content which you needed to do every day. It is meant as a Daily Login Reward. NOT as a membership loot pinata. Some have likened it to a Battle Pass, which it is similar to in some degree, where you still have to show up and play to get the goods.
    • Like x 6
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Ah okay, I suppose I can get down with that reasoning. I didn't think of it that way since I've only really ran the daily maybe 5 times since it was created. In that respect it has become a convenience boost then.
    • Like x 3
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's an awfully common game practice.

Woody Allen is often credited with the saying "90% of life is showing up."

"But I want my rewards just for existing!" is... certainly an approach.
    • Like x 3
  14. inferno Loyal Player

Are you sure? I read the same thing before and I checked. Mine doesn't activate until after 8 p.m. PST. And I'm afraid that since I forgot to do mine until 11 pm, i'm gonna have to wait until then, I guess i'll see tonight.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It SEEMS to be 7PM for me (CT) which would jive with the UTC number. If anything it should be earlier in PT, like 5PM. It's not on a :30 though...nothing is that I know of in game. The issue with that on TOP of the time reset is it doesn't refresh the screen till you log out and back on or switch toons, so if you come in at 4:59PM PT(assuming reset at 5PM), and play till reboot never switching, you'd never see the 'next' day even though it passed a min after you logged in.

At least that's what I've seen....and i have several accounts that seem to match up with that.
  16. inferno Loyal Player

Ty. I just checked mine and it has reset. I won't have to stay up 2nite.
    • Like x 2
  17. Cordelia Well-Known Player

A note on the reset, if you are online when it resets, you will almost certainly have to log out and log back in. I noticed it last night when it reset (at 5 pm Pacific) that it didn't seem to reset, so I logged out and when I logged back in it came up.

So, if you don't see rewards, try relogging.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Character switch seems to work fine, maybe even just popping out and back in on the same toon...haven't tried that one yet.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Oh good. That's less of a pain. Next time I'm on during reset I'll check it.
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

You can see if you've missed any days and how many just by comparing where you are in the daily rewards menu with the current date. For example, if you log in on the 15th and you can only claim up to Day 12, with Day 13 and up being locked, then you know you've missed three days. This method might have a tolerance of +/- 1 day until they fix the reset time, but it's not like you have no idea.

I get that you have limited availability but I don't see why you'd just give up on the helm. There are still 16 days in the month left. If you've logged in for at least 5 of the past 14 days, you can still get your helm.
    • Like x 2