Looks like I'll be a Daybreak Consultant

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alushaun, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Thanks to some friends in the industry and my background in multiple fields like tech/gaming/film. I'll be consulting the design team on a future season/semi-spinoff of Daybreak. Kinda excited and wanted to share :)
    [IMG]

Also, april fools...
    • Like x 1
  2. kallader Committed Player

Last guy who did a joke about been part of the team got ban no matter if he say it was a joke so good luck to you
    • Like x 1
  3. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

That is the one thing that Im actually more serious about. I don't agree on banning ppl that pretends.
    To a degree of it that is.
    How in business, people can pretend. We can't.
    Like the government. They aren't all innocent. They cheat us. But if we cheat the system. We are charged for it. Cops and district attorneys and prosecutors. They are not all innocent in who they are and what they done and what they still do.

As to people wants to work in a business. Be real and be truly intelligent and actually do the work. Not little things here and there that many ppl can do.
    Make great things, make customers happy.
    I can be too serious, as to Anna Delvey, Tho she eventually lost. The prosecutors who so badly wanted to win. They may not be innocent themselves. As they con their way. Even they admit that it's not about facts and evidence, it's manipulation and winning even if it's not true.

Also, I have to say what killed the player base of dcuo is the ban hammering. The toxic players on these forums. Well, a lot of them was banned back then for being toxic.
    It seems that it was a bad idea on being way too strict. None of them now has been banned so it seems dcuo staff can't risk losing more players on what's left of them on weekly and monthly of active players.
    There's always going to be toxic people. Many of them and its loss on money even banning toxic players back then and how it may have be part of the results to what the player base and money situation the past few years.

It's not the risk they should take for banning players for pretending. We all pretend, act to get somewhere and get something.

I'm in Texas and it is proven that TDCJ is corrupt. Their "ECHO" News papers. Is indeed lies.
    And if we lie and cheat, it's a crime.

So players are being allowed to insult and harass women on here and not get banned, and people that pretends to be staff is immediately banned.
    As much as banning is really not an option for the small player base there is now.

So, as toxic players can continue to insult and argue with ppl, and ppl can be suicidal. Toxic players aren't banned and players that pretend to be staff is banned.
    That is not good if someone does do suicide. The neglect of toxic players harming ppl online being aware that ppl have mental health and can be suicidal and it's been allowed to go on but action taken to someone pretending to be staff
    To ban that person.

Devs of dcuo aren't bad, but least consider that we all have pretended sometime in life, even if it's not a bad thing at all. Even if it's not a big lie. Nothing that we aren't honest. If we are to take a job on something. Do what it takes, go big, try everything out, add many options. Trying couple options here and there and using the same few things over and over that didn't help over several years.
    Things that we can do. And the thing is many players created great maps and stories of open source games. And devs of games still haven't done much on their games.
    We all have pretended. Even if it's just to get by and get somewhere. Pretend is far more of people in the world than actually being original and making great things.
    • Like x 3
  4. kallader Committed Player

True but to be fair they have rule that say you cannot impersonate a team member since all the peoples you will answer will have no clue if this is real and you can make them do illegal stuff or answer with fake information making stuff worst.
    • Like x 1
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Edited, its more than that lol. Screen acted up and keyboard going on and off and other widgets popping up and half the text got highlighted and cut out as I was tapping the screen constantly to get it back to normal and it zoomed and accidently hit post.
  6. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Yeah, their names are tagged and colored as staff. But as for new players are likely to take a bit to see that.
  7. Multiverse Creator League

Me... I'm secretly the Pitch Meeting guy. ;)
    Me swear. ;)

• Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah, pretending you are the Pitch Meeting guy is TIGHT!
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Point to the line where he said he was on the Daybreak GAMES team, or a dev working for them? 'Daybreak' is a movie and he linked to the IMDB entry for that, the image on the post is from that movie. It's still a joke...and technically it would be off topic for this forum...but even if you believed it to be true, it didn't point to him working for DBG.

Now...if you were in a forum about Movie/TV development...I suppose his impersonation of such person could be an issue. Just not here.
    • Like x 1
  10. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

This post should be removed and the OP banned from the forums. The Owlman has been banned for less and has never EVER broke a TOS.
  11. kallader Committed Player

Was answering Aiden post not the OP if you read he talk about not being fair to ban someone for pretend while politician lie to us etc so I mention we got rule on the forum
    For my answer to original poster the title say ''Looks like I'll be a Daybreak Consultant'' so they can take this like he fake been part of the team no matter if say this is a joke in the post they ban someone not long ago saying he was ''acting'' community manager and tell it was a joke on is post and got ban ..
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Although he was also joking that other guy was 100% 'pretending' to be a dev. I don't think anyone ever really believed he was...but he did present himself as one. Joke or not...yeah I can see them at least temp banning or warning him.

This was not the same thing.

And your first reply to the OP was "Last guy who did a joke about been part of the team got ban no matter if he say it was a joke so good luck to you"
    So it did seem as though you felt it was the same thing, hence the good luck wishes. I only replied to your second message...because it was the second message.

Not trying to start a fight, but just saying these are not the same 'joke'. Again, in this case, the guys worst offense is he's off topic. It should be in the Joker's funhouse section.
    • Like x 1
  13. kallader Committed Player

The title is the problem i know this can sound ridiculous but he would have to specify in the title it was fake or joke like the guy who did the fake community manager letter is title contain totally fake so he was good but the fact that someone will click on the post thinking it is true no matter if the person say later in the post is fake does not matter he still pretend in the title ''Looks like I'll be a Daybreak Consultant'' he would have to write ''Look like i'll be a daybreak consultant (fake)'' to be safe i know this is stupid but this is how it work you cannot for example do title saying that you hack the game then say in the post this is fake the title break the rule not the post itself
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh....it's click baity for sure, but then so is every post that says something like "I can't believe I found this..." then the contents shows some nonsense or mundane...non exciting...junk.

If you have to explain something IS a joke...it kind of ruins the joke.

I think the 'totally real' community manager message thread was titled in that way to OVER communicate it was a joke...implying that while no one would have believed it was anyway....so the fact it would NEED to be communicated is part of the joke.

Anyhoo.....I found the post funny personally and never would have believed it wasn't a joke. Although..I never would have believed the other guy was a dev either...so maybe my joke radar just works better than some others.
    • Like x 1
  15. KidKretz Committed Player

yeah, super easy, barely an inconvenience!
    • Like x 2
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Bummer, I really enjoyed that show
  17. kallader Committed Player

I understand what you mean but sadly this is in the rule :/ cannot joke about rule breaking no matter if 100% clear this is a joke the rule 2-Do not spread misinformation. 3) Do not troll - Trolling not allowed on Daybreak Games Forums or other Daybreak Games-maintained communication channels.

If desire do a joke the person is welcome to do it on fan page or link youtube page etc but the Gotham forum is not a place to do it maybe under Off Topic but not in Gotham forum

They are some topic you can joke like multiverse joke pass but the forum title not because miss information
    this is like joking to police you are a cop vs joking to police you do funny video pretty sure one got more impact than the other
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As I said...the worst offense it could be considered is off topic as it was NOT about the game or DI/DBG in general.

It wasn't about rule breaking...it wasn't trolling (as it was not laid out as bait for anyone to reply to...or troll)... misinformation, sure...but that can be said of about 90% of Gotham forum. For instance...I could say you have a keen sense of humor....:p ooops.
    • Like x 1
  19. kallader Committed Player

Say the guy that give himself a like every single post you do using alt account XD ooops.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See....that's funny, while not being true.:D

Good one.