Looking for an Updated Earth Tank Guide

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mbrewer77, Sep 13, 2017.

1. mbrewer77 Active Player

First of all, I have found some video guides on Youtube. There wasn't consistent information on stats, and honestly, I wouldn't know who was respected for giving good info. I've seen different styles of tanking with more loadouts. I'm looking for something to get me started. I'll venture into the advanced stuff once I get the basics down and decide which style works for me.
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Almost the same as a dps loadout. Just add earth grip in there if needed.
  3. mr maartie Level 30

What i use for the non pet loadout is: gemstone shield, hardlight shield, soothing sands, earthen grip, jackhammer and as a 6th slot you can go epicenter or i use the supercharge envelop.
    Just keep shields on cooldown, earthen grip is your pull, now it pulls multiple enemies at once, soothing sands is ur breakout/group immunity, and envelop casts u in a big rock which shields you and restores your health. Use jackhammer to get stone skin(shoulders) to gain 55% extra defence while not blocking (does not stack with ur pets damage transfer)

My pet loadout is almost the same: gemstone shield, hardlight shield, earthen grip, brick(your pet), fortify golem and totem.
    Fortify golem so ur pet can shield himself, totem so the pet gets healed and nearby enemies get knocked down.
    Transfer a bit of incoming damage to brick while NOT BLOCKING (read lvl 5 at earth powers screen)

Hope this helps a bit
    Spec dominance cause earth gains defence equal to 65% of your dominance (read this in lvl 10 earth tank role)
    And dont forget to use the fortified assault neck slot for 10% extra defence, also while not blocking
    Have fun
  4. mbrewer77 Active Player

What about stats? I've someone suggest critical attack chance and damage while another would suggest critical healing chance and magnitude. They both give good arguments. Is that again just whatever works for me?
  5. kraptastic Well-Known Player

1 power heals with earth. Totem is a for pets only...so why go crit heals again as earth?
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Earth Tank Guide 101:

After revamp

1. Spawn Mr. tank pet ( I call him other things but I'm sure you get the idea. )

jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjh ( group breakout & CC debuff...... PFFFFT WHATEV THAT'S THE CONTROLLER JOB RIGHT o_O THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD BY TWO EARTH TANKS THE OTHER DAYo_O ) jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhj maybe drink cola ( NOPE...... CONTROLLER IS MY BATTRY) jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhj maybe drink cola ( NOPE reference last answer ) jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjh
    move to next NPC
    jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjh ( group break out & CC debuff....LOL WRONG AGAIN ) jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjh drink cola ( just kidding I REFUSE TO DRINK COLAS )
    jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhj maybe drink cola ( WRONG ANSWER DRINKING COLAS IS FOR WUSSBAGGS ) jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhj maybe drink cola ( LOL) jhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjhjh
    move to next NPC

This is what Earth tanks are doing. Have fun with that.

What are pulls & taunts.... who knows. They sure don't. They sure know JH :rolleyes:.
    • Like x 1
  7. mbrewer77 Active Player

I'm just relaying the information I found. I forget the reasons. I think mostly it's to boost shield(s) and the heal. I'm not really sure. It just seemed like about half of what I was finding did crit attack chance and severity while the other half did crit healing chance and magnitude.
  8. mr maartie Level 30

No you dont go. Crit heals or resto unless u have 1k sp lol. For survivability u go dom+Health. If u want some decent dmg spend some in might and a bit in offensive crits