Loadout help with Vault runs.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Great Architect, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

I've got a Sorcery Alt, and I'm sick and tired of running around in Vault Content for over a minute, while Celestial Characters waltz in, 2 x WotP and they're out again, and Fire is completely OP spamming Flame Cascade :mad::oops: :confused:.

My current loadout is: Soul Well, MA Enhanced Shuriken. What changes (if any) should I make to clear the Vault faster? Are we clamped in the Vault, because I feel so weak compared to other Powers :(

:D
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Ooof. Very bad Loadout. Much time wasted.

Brawling Shuriken is clearly the optimal way to run Vault. At least a few seconds faster than Martial Arts.

I'd also perhaps suggest doing it in Heal and casting a Circle-of-fills-the-entire-screen to not get too hurt from all them splinters ;)
  3. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

I hope this is a joke post, everything hits for 1 point damage, takes me 20 seconds to run a vault using ranged weapon taps. If you got sorcery drop (what ever the thing is that looks like a totem) on each side they do all the work.
    • Like x 1
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes, but I'm Might, not Prec :(, and Soul Well (which I am running) is sloooooow and often misses loads of boxes.
    • Like x 1
  5. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

soul well is the correct DoT to drop for Sorcery DPS
    your placements aren't optimal
    try just walking straight in - when you're near the edge (but not the edge) drop back (reverse a bit) drop your first soul well

for the second go near the exit but not on the lip - again a bit further back (like about 2 toons) drop another soul well

when you go back to the first soul well - all the boxes should be gone - if not your placement is either too close to the wall or too far (hard to say w/o being there)

as for the 2nd soul well - I noticed a few boxes may remain (sometimes on the right or sometimes on left) - usually due to the bouncing balls.... either drop another soul well or just hit with weapon. (I feel lucky when there are no bouncing balls and I sometimes place the 2nd soul well on top of the box near the exit (not the box on the lip)

You could wait a bit for all the balls to stop bouncing and then lay down soul well, but you seem like you're in a hurry...
    • Like x 2
  6. myandria Item Storage

My sorcerer is might as well and I just use a basic ranged power to get through the vault. I usually take out the ball that blocks the doorway first so I can just leave without having to wait for it to go away. I've never gauged how much time I spend with each character in the Vault; Im more concerned with the loot drops each one gets.:D

Since The Joker never warps your character out as soon as you're done, I don't worry about how 'fast' it gets cleared.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

That's the spirit :).
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All the boxes have 1 HP and you can break them with a single weapon tap.
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

Just gather up all the boxes and drop an orbital strike.
    • Like x 3
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

I think you'll find they have 5 HP each. So I need to be at least 5 x as powerful with my Weapon taps than you claim. I suppose I could try using my Weapon Buff.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Is your weapon a goose down pillow? You just tap and they break. You don't need a weapon buff.
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I just use Hand Blaster Pulse. Once one box is gone it automatically targets the next. I can hit (I think) six to eight at a time by just holding down one button.
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

I was largely looking for suggestions on Vault-clearing tray powers, for a laugh... and couldn't help being ridiculous when people were taking it so seriously.

I'm lazy, and want to press maybe four buttons to clear the Vault if I can get away with it, preferably without having to aim at all.

WotP and Flame Cascade are hellishly fast sweepers, faster than Weapons - and the notes on Soul Well were actually very interesting, as Sorcery does lag otherwise :).

So, are there any other thoughts on which Powers can clear the Vault faster than Weapons - the absolute minimum effort version of a Vault run.
  14. Emoney Dedicated Player

I always hope for a speed hacker to come along and do the vault for me! :D
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

16. Emoney Dedicated Player

In all seriousness, hand blasters are great, especially the pulse beam. Nothing beats flame cascade, but pulse beam is pretty darn fast too.
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

just drop a soul well it wlll blow all the boxes in giant range up
    • Like x 1
  18. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

was what i said but he shot me down so he can use superpowers in there for what ever reason!
    EDIT: AH, he was just being silly!
  19. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

you are correct about the 5hp however, it only takes 1 hit to break, so NO you do NOT need to be 5x more powerful, you simply need to tap a button.
  20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Sorcery: soul well
    Celestial: WotP
    Earth: Totem
    Nature: Swarm

Shock soders don't seem to last long enough.

I do leave one point in Dual Pistols and an inventory slot with a pair just for the vault. Hold range and spin. Other than WotP, Precision is king here!