Let's Talk Aquaman....

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Fawkes2574, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

And that final trailer!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=2wcj6SrX4zw

(For some reason the site won't let me embed the youtube video.)

I found the trailer this morning because the Yahoo article said it was "so bada$$" that it just may help everyone to forgive DC for every bad movie so far. I guess only time will tell to see how well it performs. Every film except Wonder Woman has, in my opinion, sucked. DC has made some poor choices when it comes to their cinematic universe, such as poor casting choices. Now with Affleck out (apparently, but this keeps going back & forth), and (rumor?) that Cavill is out as Superman, and that the Cyborg film has been scrapped and the plot for the Flash film is still up in the air, its a wonder what will happen to the DCEU. My opinion, they should go ahead and go with the Flashpoint plot that they wanted to do, and use it to completely reset the franchise. With new and better casting choices (except Wonder Woman of course) and just completely start over. I get that they didn't want to do what Marvel did, but Marvel set that standard and no one has been able to compete. Just reset everything and start over.

But if Aquaman is as good as it appears to be, then that might derail that line of thinking.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Funny, I had no problems embedding the final trailer in the other Aquaman thread. :confused:
  3. Cole MacGrath New Player

I hear Aquaman is good. Honestly loved Man of Steel as a long time Superman fan and hope they keep Cavill, rest I don't care about. Wonder Woman was good but I'm not that excited for the sequel.
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly justice league was good, along the lines of a sam raimi spider man film or nicholas cage's ghost rider. it perfectly captured the characters' respective personality types and character traits, and while the stakes didn't scream "DC" it made very clear that the plot was a pologue to a full scale darkseid apokalips invasion. wonder woman was also interesting as was batman begins, green lantern was a bit iffy but sort of worked, and i have to admit suicide squad was a splendid stand alone and somehow actually managed to endear me to quite a few villains and fleshed them out as far as who they are as characters, their motives and backstory. the only real disappointment dc cinematic has so far is batman vs super man which to me seemed to have a bit of a contrived plot. neither batman vs super man nor marvel civil war did for me what they "should" have, though admittedly civil war did do it better and just failed because of "scope" compared to the comic original where super heroes turned every block of new york into a war zone.